Relics a money grab?

So, I'll be the first to say I'm a whale, I've been playing 6 months and I'm tb with an amazing roster, dropped thousands already trying to get SPECIFIC champions to progress through story so it doesn't take the YEARS it has others. To me it seems that relics, yes they add many changes and benefits, but it's going to add so many more challenges to the game. Unless you plan on spending money every day like I do to get the relics you need to bind to each specific champion to progress through story, bgs, war and AQ, then you will need to add another few years to your playing time. I don't understand why we can't fix the issues and bugs in the game before we throw in completely new content. And off course it all drops before cyber monday so we all spend our units on chances at decent relics so we have to buy more to get the deals for cyber monday for those of us who have been saving.

Comments

• ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,573 ★★★★★
    You can only bind one relic to one champ though. So I fail to see why you'll need tons of them.
  • VeryViciousVeryVicious Member Posts: 30
    We all need to remember that if you aren't trying to be the best in the game, you don't need to spend. Relics seem complicated right now so I'm just going to wait and see. Doesn't appear they are necessary at the moment.
  • RebarkRebark Member Posts: 364 ★★★
    do you have any doubt?
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★

So, I'll be the first to say I'm a whale, I've been playing 6 months and I'm tb with an amazing roster, dropped thousands already trying to get SPECIFIC champions to progress through story so it doesn't take the YEARS it has others. To me it seems that relics, yes they add many changes and benefits, but it's going to add so many more challenges to the game. Unless you plan on spending money every day like I do to get the relics you need to bind to each specific champion to progress through story, bgs, war and AQ, then you will need to add another few years to your playing time. I don't understand why we can't fix the issues and bugs in the game before we throw in completely new content. And off course it all drops before cyber monday so we all spend our units on chances at decent relics so we have to buy more to get the deals for cyber monday for those of us who have been saving.

Bugs and issues are a very different department than marketing.

Sure it's all a bunch of people in a computer typing in ones and zeros but the work that they're doing is very different than the work than the other side is doing and unfortunately the harsh reality that no one ever wants to hear but it's the unfortunate truth:

They can't just stop and only focus on the bugs because they are beholden to higher powers, namely netmarble and especially Marvel Comics, who give the final say so of what Champs have to be released and at what time.
  • KillSwitchKillSwitch Member Posts: 283 ★★★
    It feels like it cheapens the experience of the game. I may go back on these words someday, but it just feels like another cheap looking game was bolted onto this one. Not impressed in the least bit thus far.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,573 ★★★★★
    Theres only 12 different relics atm. At 4 different rarities and I'm pretty sure no one except the top few alliances have the 6* variety. And I'm also certain you can't rank them past 2 yet. So again, where do you see them as money grabs?
  • CapriciousCapricious Member Posts: 236 ★★
    R_jay0027 said:

Buttehrs said:

Theres only 12 different relics atm. At 4 different rarities and I'm pretty sure no one except the top few alliances have the 6* variety. And I'm also certain you can't rank them past 2 yet. So again, where do you see them as money grabs?

Well you can buy them with units and some people do use actual money to get units. Not me I am way to attached to my money.

So clearly some people will spend on this stuff. But if people wanna spend a thousands on relics good for them. I applaud it.
    You can only buy your way to a 5 star with just units. And really you can buy your way into anything in this game and that’s how it’s been for like 4 years now.
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Member Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    edited November 2022
    arent all new things a money grab? there are people who will pay for the advantage and people who wont. we all know how that part goes. nothing will change and they will get their money whether we care, complain, or buy them ourselves... someone else always will...