**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

News on sandbagging

ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,292 ★★★★★
edited November 2022 in General Discussion
I submitted a ticket to ask about an update on sandbagging since they said they were "investigating" and this was the reply I received.

Either they don't believe the screenshots posted in the forums proving sandbagging still works even though it's definitely worse than last season or they aren't even aware that the changes didn't work lmao this whole situation is a train wreck, it's not even annoying anymore it's comedy gold.
Where's the transparency Kabam? Genuine question.

Comments

• Options

• Options

Oh I know I saw that, that's why I'm posting this. The fact that some Kabam employees are either not aware or hiding it is worrying.
  • Options

Maybe Kabam finally realized how ridiculous it is to use anything other than tier as a factor in matchmaking when going for same rewards so decided it's fine where it's at.

They're not matching by tier right now though, I faced a sandbagger that was on silver lll while I was on silver ll the other day. If they were matching by tier I wouldn't still be complaining about it. I also wouldn't be facing this many sandbaggers if it was completely random.
  • Options
    edited November 2022

Maybe Kabam finally realized how ridiculous it is to use anything other than tier as a factor in matchmaking when going for same rewards so decided it's fine where it's at.

They're not matching by tier right now though, I faced a sandbagger that was on silver lll while I was on silver ll the other day. If they were matching by tier I wouldn't still be complaining about it. I also wouldn't be facing this many sandbaggers if it was completely random.
    I know your a new UC but no offense, if you spent even half the amount of time/effort on progressing in game that you use on complaining about BG matchmaking and/or sandbagging, you'd probably be Cav and close to TB by now.
    What does that have to do with my reply at all? And why are you so against sandbagging getting fixed dude? You're so fixated on pissing off people who want sandbagging fixed because they can't play the game and I don't understand why.

And no, you don't become Cavalier or TB a month after becoming Uncollected no matter how much time you put in, you're just trying to be a **** as per usual. I also haven't complained about matchmaking in general, I even agreed with you and the fact that rating or prestige shouldn't be taken into account just tier, yet you're still here throwing personal attacks cause you ran out of logical arguments, figures.
  • Options
    edited November 2022

Yeah aight

before this thread is taken down:

using just this example, the mean of this deck is 8,888 and the median 12,315. now, the mean/median of the non- 1/2 * champs is 15,492 and 15,020. Basic math tells us any deck with a variance between mean/median greater than, say, 10% can be flagged as a "sandbagger" and shunted to the "sandbagger" queue, to match with another similar account. Seems easy enough. My SQL is rusty but the code writes itself...
    Yeah probably will get the taken down, at least some people now got to see the lack of communication Kabam has and why these issues take so long to fix.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★

I submitted a ticket to ask about an update on sandbagging since they said they were "investigating" and this was the reply I received.

Either they don't believe the screenshots posted in the forums proving sandbagging still works even though it's definitely worse than last season or they aren't even aware that the changes didn't work lmao this whole situation is a train wreck, it's not even annoying anymore it's comedy gold.

Kabam explicitly addressed this three days ago.

There’s your transparency. Genuine answer.
  • Options
    edited November 2022

Kabam explicitly addressed this three days ago.

There’s your transparency. Genuine answer.
    Yeah they said it wasn't working and were investigating, now support says it's working but it still isn't? What transparency are you talking about? Cause that sounds more like lying or lack of communication.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    edited November 2022
    As long as matchmaking takes into account anything besides your rating in BGs it will suck. Prestige shouldn’t matter, deck shouldn’t matter, nothing besides rating
  • Options
    LiLbee2LiLbee2 Posts: 36

I know your a new UC but no offense, if you spent even half the amount of time/effort on progressing in game that you use on complaining about BG matchmaking and/or sandbagging, you'd probably be Cav and close to TB by now.
    Said the same about this guy :) his reply was that i personally attacked him bla bla, but the point s he is very low level player and doesnt have proper roster to enjoy BG in full. He is just lazy to put in work to build his deck. It's easier to spam on forum how unfair matchmaking is.
  • Options
    LiLbee2 said:

Said the same about this guy :) his reply was that i personally attacked him bla bla, but the point s he is very low level player and doesnt have proper roster to enjoy BG in full. He is just lazy to put in work to build his deck. It's easier to spam on forum how unfair matchmaking is.
    Yes, speaking about my skill and using "you're UC" as an insult is a personal attack indeed, if you don't know what that means go Google it.

Lazy? You want me to go from UC to TB in a month? The amount of excuses you people use to try to justify sandbagging is absolutely ridiculous. Kabam themselves already said sandbagging is unsportsmanlike and they don't want the game mode to head in that direction so why are you two big brains still trying to argue against that lol.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Support doesn't have every answer. They typically have a protocol to follow, and they don't have access to all the information. They wouldn't necessarily know of the bug implementing the changes. It was discussed on the Forum.
  • Options
    edited November 2022

Support doesn't have every answer. They typically have a protocol to follow, and they don't have access to all the information. They wouldn't necessarily know of the bug implementing the changes. It was discussed on the Forum.

After three days they're not aware that the matchmaking changes aren't working? Why would you keep that information from your support team knowing it's an actual issue?
    As for the forum part, they clearly know what's going on in the forums since they gave me a link to a forum post.
  • Options
    LiLbee2LiLbee2 Posts: 36

LiLbee2 said:

Yes, speaking about my skill and using "you're UC" as an insult is a personal attack indeed, if you don't know what that means go Google it.

Lazy? You want me to go from UC to TB in a month? The amount of excuses you people use to try to justify sandbagging is absolutely ridiculous. Kabam themselves already said sandbagging is unsportsmanlike and they don't want the game mode to head in that direction so why are you two big brains still trying to argue against that lol.
    Titles dont matter, even though you being an UC is a fact! What matter is you have barely r4 5* and want to enjoy BG, instead of using energy refills and time spent spamming every single thread about sandbagging, you should spam them solo content, pop some crystals and rank up some champs, and of course dont draft guardian against HT ;)

But hey, congrats on getting out of bronze!! Fingers crossed you get out of silver now 💪(but seems like near impossible if you constantly run into paragon r5 6* sandbaggers ay? 🤯🤪)

Kabam do something about it!!! Why is your algo constantly matching this guy with top whales? 🤔🤔🧐☝️☝️☝️
  • Options
    It is a fact indeed, a fact that has absolutely nothing to do with the subject in question hence UC aren't the only ones complaining about this issue, there's a ton of posts from cavs and TB complaining about it too. So, either you're just mad because you sandbag yourself and don't want it to stop or you're just a troll who no-lifes mcoc (judging by how you love to start arguments with everyone on these forums, I'm leaning more towards the second option).

If YoU BarElY hAvE R45* YoU cAn'T eNjOy BgS... Lmao the mental gymnastics on this guy, interesting character.

I've never seen a person be this proud about spending so much time on a game they try to belittle others based on their progress. Congrats on not having a social life since playing this game is clearly all you do! 🤪🤯
  • Options
    Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 261 ★★
    LiLbee2 said:

Titles dont matter, even though you being an UC is a fact! What matter is you have barely r4 5* and want to enjoy BG, instead of using energy refills and time spent spamming every single thread about sandbagging, you should spam them solo content, pop some crystals and rank up some champs, and of course dont draft guardian against HT ;)

Haha this is SO TRUE!!!
  • Options

LiLbee2 said:

Haha this is SO TRUE!!!
    You realize you willingly made a post calling yourself bad at the game and asking Kabam not to remove sandbagging right? Lmao
  • Options
    SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    From Bronze 3 to Platinum 3 the matches were fairly even rosterwise. Once you enter Diamond that's where you'll see Paragon sandbaggers with half deck of r4 6* and half 2*.
    I barely made it out of Diamond 3 to reach Diamond 2 due to my opponents having to pick 3 to 4 2* and easy win for me, guess I got lucky. But now I'm done with BG won't waste anymore, already had my fair share of trophy token to buy r4 materials, will just do the Complete 3 matches objectives every other day for some tokens.
  • Options
    IamGrO_otIamGrO_ot Posts: 172 ★★
    The problem is game developers that don't play the game at a high level themselves. When they listen to players, it's players who are far above the average paragon. These players don't experience sandbagging problems. And if they run into a sandbagger, they have plenty of R4s to deal with them.

These are typical big tech problems. As long as the profit stays the same, or increases, nothing changes. If few or no one played BG, and they lost money on it, BG would have been fixed a long time ago.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,205 ★★★★
    I just know that there's still sandbaggers
  • Options
    IamGrO_ot said:

The problem is game developers that don't play the game at a high level themselves. When they listen to players, it's players who are far above the average paragon. These players don't experience sandbagging problems. And if they run into a sandbagger, they have plenty of R4s to deal with them.

These are typical big tech problems. As long as the profit stays the same, or increases, nothing changes. If few or no one played BG, and they lost money on it, BG would have been fixed a long time ago.

Oh I've barely played BG, I've been doing just a few matches every two days for the objectives and that's it. It's absolutely ridiculous, and whatever changes they made only made the issue worse. Last season I'd run into Cav sandbaggers for the most part and sometimes I won due to them getting terrible drafts, hell I even won against some TB a few times. Now though? Now I'm getting Paragon sandbaggers for the most part, not to mention out of 10 matches 8 of them are sandbaggers.
  • Options
    IrshanIrshan Posts: 8
    Well I have a decent account but there are some players who got more 6* r3&r4 and still they are doing sandbagging.. Believe me kabam it's not fun.. It's not competitive at all.. It's like you play Bg's just to waste your resources. I played 20 games in which I was only able to win 2 or 3. The rest sandbaggers.. Please do it something about it.
  • Options
    JornJorn Posts: 23
    Unfair matchups? What about not sandbagging and playing it with all you got, but have to face an ocean of whales. Is that fair? Is that Fun?

We have to sandbag to win a match and claim some of the rewards. But they don't Care, they just Care about money. ☝️