"Lower Account" complaining about sandbaggers are making me laugh

MiniMFMiniMF Member Posts: 848 ★★★★
edited November 2022 in General Discussion
The point is, you rather face a sandbagger because if it gets patch u'll at one point get matched against the same players but with their full roster xD

How can you expect to grind plat / diamond / GC in the first week and get the same rewards ?

Maybe stop complaining, play for the 2 days obj mainly and then when people grind u can too ?

I don't think kabam would ever want to fix sandbagging by matching people with the same prestige / account progression...
The only way would be to ban 1/2/3* (maybe even 4* but still early for that)

That way you would first be able to grind few ranks but then once u high enough you won't be able to progress more in the ranking because obviously there'll be better accounts getting matched against you...
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,508 ★★★★
    Well maybe, you’re just one of those high tier whales who just done everything and CLEARLY is not affected by this issues, so that’s why you like making fun of others
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,938 ★★★★★
    Complain less and play more.
  • smy168smy168 Member Posts: 215 ★★
    I don't have issues with Sandbaggers, I don't do it but better them than the modders...seems like its worse now than before...I like the rewards for BG but it isn't worth the frustration.

A good thing about modders for Kabam is that people will continue to play the mode and spend...in the end, these gaming apps live off "screen-time" "MAUs"(monthly active users) and probably a little spending.

Do they like modders?
    no...I don't think they do,

Would they be priority?
    from a strategic point of view..no

I would be looking at risk vs rewards, value and volume of complaints and tickets as a company...if BG mode usage goes down below a specific metric, then its time to act for them, in the meantime from company point of view...you put a little effort in and do a little fixing and ease the tide..people still flood BG, the user numbers are big and the spending on items through units and cash probably isn't small.

Lets not forget that Kabam is a "for profit" company...and the price hikes of app stores affect their bottom line...think business, not gaming here.

I'm in tech strategy, I've worked for gaming companies in US and Asia sorting revenue strategy, we focus on metrics to determine priority based off revenues.

It probably isn't easy to "chase and erase" modders or the companies creating these mod techs (trust me, Euro and Asia companies are most likely the culprits)...but 3 seasons in and its worse than each season before it...they need to either upgrade their security layers with fundamental meta tags or find higher leveled Q&A people.

I'll probably get another "warning" for this post if not banned from the forums haha but I just think calm before crazy...

Peace
  • _colo_colo Member Posts: 50
    Everyone is competing for the same rewards. Yet the people crying about sandbagging are basically looking for easier matches. The same thing the sandbaggers are attempting to do. Somewhere there is saying about calling a kettle black....

The whole theory behind BGs is putting ALL players against each other. Its a test of skill, knowledge and roster. Its been designed that way for every iteration of BGs that I saw. Now all I see are post complaining about the roster aspect. The root cause problem seems to more about rosters than matchmaking.

Instead of wasting time trying to have matchmaking be 'fair', change the ranking system and the rewards that go along with it. As players win, move them up in tiers. Have a separate set of rewards for each tier. And the highest tier gets the best rewards. And between each season, keep the tier the player is in. By doing something like this, things should equalize over time. To me, its clear that the existing bronze, silver, gold, etc system isn't working for many players. There are all kinds of things they could do to make things more player friendly. Such as keeping the bronze/silver/gold within each tier, only allowing a player to move up or down one tier each season, etc. Something needs to be done because what we have now isn't working.

People those are saying "EVERYONE IS COMPETING FOR SAME REWARDS"

Ever ask yourself what the reward is? Trophy tokens right? Trophy tokens neither ranks up champions nor gives new champions in itself, you have to buy with trophy tokens right? Pretty simple concept isn't it?

Now let's come to the bg store, items are either locked there for lower progressions like cavalier and uc, or/ and are at higher price than higher progressions. Thronebreaker store has higher price than that of paragons.
    So EVERYONE IS NOT COMPETING FOR SAME REWARDS, lower players are competing for lower rewards at higher price, or same rewards at higher price. Progression based division has already been made on bg store. I see this argument from wise forum conquerors, but this doesn't check out in reality at all.

And from the post looks like you are a big time sandbagger, and if kabam fixes sandbagging you will be in big trouble. Get good so you don't need to sandbag anymore

Wrong.

The amount of tokens is the same for everyone, regardless of title. The prices in the store are irrelevant. I also love how you left out 4* relic shards, 5* relic shards, 6* relic shards, 6* shards, Elder's Marks, relic alloy and cats, personal rank reward points and Ally rank reward points. You know you have an awful argument when you have to omit 90% of the rewards to "prove" your point.

Ever ask yourself what the reward is? Trophy tokens right? Trophy tokens neither ranks up champions nor gives new champions in itself, you have to buy with trophy tokens right? Pretty simple concept isn't it?

Now let's come to the bg store, items are either locked there for lower progressions like cavalier and uc, or/ and are at higher price than higher progressions. Thronebreaker store has higher price than that of paragons.
    So EVERYONE IS NOT COMPETING FOR SAME REWARDS, lower players are competing for lower rewards at higher price, or same rewards at higher price. Progression based division has already been made on bg store. I see this argument from wise forum conquerors, but this doesn't check out in reality at all.

And from the post looks like you are a big time sandbagger, and if kabam fixes sandbagging you will be in big trouble. Get good so you don't need to sandbag anymore

The prices in the store are irrelevant.
    I will stop arguing with you here. One who thinks this is beyond any argument.
    lol, nice strawman.

How about you address the rest of my post?
  • The_man001The_man001 Member Posts: 624 ★★★

@The_man001 that’s like saying the expression Work puts food on your table is wrong. As work gives you money, not supplies. You have to buy those in a store.

And not everybody has access to the same stores with the same prices. So therefore 2 people earning the same salary aren’t earning the same as it’s not worth the same in groceries.

I understand what you are trying to get at but at the end of the day, we are fighting for trophy tokens and relic shards. And we all get the same quantity per level

Yes that's what I was saying, but you are right, in case of relics it's same for everyone.

I dont support lower accounts will only get matched with lower accounts and same for big accounts, but I don't like the current matchmaking at all.
  • MiniMFMiniMF Member Posts: 848 ★★★★
    So then explain why would a UC player would deserve more to get 130 k token more than a paragon ? Like it makes no sense.

If there were different leagues based on progression / prestige with different rewards (like with the different sectors in incursions) then ok just go get match with same player than you.

But it's not the case so UC will stay in victory track while TB + and few Cavs will get to GC..
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Member Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Counter argument to your statement that we are not all going for same rewards. If we are not all going for same rewards because BG currency can be spent on different items based on progression then please explain AQ glory and why I don't think I've ever hear complaints about fighting for different rewards in AQ.

Let's say there is an alliance with a couple UC, a bunch of Cav, a bunch of TB and a couple Paragon. They compete hard in AQ and they get their yummy glory at the end of the AQ week. Everyone in that alliance gets the same EXACT glory rewards.

Are the members of the alliances going to have different options in the store based on their progression, sure they are. However based on your argument, what you are saying would mean that you think even those in the same alliance are competing for different rewards within the same alliance despite getting the same rewards.

Meanwhile, this above alliance works hard and finished above an alliance of all throne breakers. This alliance include UC and Cav are getting more glory than the alliance with only TB but TB can use their less glory to get different rewards than the UC and Cav.

Anyway, if your logic is correct, there where are the complaints about unfair aq and complaints that not everyone is competing for same rewards?

The basic premise behind AQ and glory store and extremely similar to BG and BG store. Everyone competing for same rewards, however, you may have different spending options based on your progression.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    edited November 2022
    Sucks for you then cause they already made it very clear they don't want sandbagging in the game. Just a matter of time now lol.

Counter argument to your statement that we are not all going for same rewards. If we are not all going for same rewards because BG currency can be spent on different items based on progression then please explain AQ glory and why I don't think I've ever hear complaints about fighting for different rewards in AQ.

Let's say there is an alliance with a couple UC, a bunch of Cav, a bunch of TB and a couple Paragon. They compete hard in AQ and they get their yummy glory at the end of the AQ week. Everyone in that alliance gets the same EXACT glory rewards.

Are the members of the alliances going to have different options in the store based on their progression, sure they are. However based on your argument, what you are saying would mean that you think even those in the same alliance are competing for different rewards within the same alliance despite getting the same rewards.

Meanwhile, this above alliance works hard and finished above an alliance of all throne breakers. This alliance include UC and Cav are getting more glory than the alliance with only TB but TB can use their less glory to get different rewards than the UC and Cav.

Anyway, if your logic is correct, there where are the complaints about unfair aq and complaints that not everyone is competing for same rewards?

The basic premise behind AQ and glory store and extremely similar to BG and BG store. Everyone competing for same rewards, however, you may have different spending options based on your progression.
    If many views these posts, we will soon see lower progressions complaining for that lol.

People don't think much what's going on, they see same glory for everyone, they see same trophy tokens for everyone they are happy. If they realize this forums will be flooded with complaints from lower accounts.

People aren't even complaining about price tags for different progressions,they are complaining about sandbaggers, which is indeed in itself quite frustrating sometimes imagine someone with only 5 stars faces 7 8 r4 and 2 3 r3 6 stars deck of sandbaggers.

People don't complain in aq cause lower accounts settle to that alliance that runs maps suitable for them. Make aq defenders random, such that uc player may face a 80k defender on 1st fight you will see they will start complaining soon.

MiniMF said:

So then explain why would a UC player would deserve more to get 130 k token more than a paragon ? Like it makes no sense.

If there were different leagues based on progression / prestige with different rewards (like with the different sectors in incursions) then ok just go get match with same player than you.

But it's not the case so UC will stay in victory track while TB + and few Cavs will get to GC..

Show me 1 single uc that gained 130k more tokens than an active paragon on bg, I will put an insightful on your post.

For me it will be good if different progressions start at different tiers on bg from beginning and claim the lower tier rewards at the start of season.

Lets say thronebreakers starts from platinum 3 and gets all gold and silver rewards at beginning. In a similar way for other progressions.

Or inspite of progressions one may do that on the basis of what one was on last season. Say, someone who reached gc will start from platinum, someone who reached diamond last season will start from gold the next season and so on.
    This will kinda balance the matchmaking overall
This discussion has been closed.