Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Why punish the player ?

I can't help if my isp or my connection is crummy. Why does the player either get half their champs life taken away when logging back in or sometimes take a KO? Doesn't seem fair. Is it necessary for kabam to do this?

Comments

• Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    The system is unable to tell between a legitimate disconnection and a purposeful game closure. If it didn’t function the way it does then players could abuse the system and avoid the need for using resources in any and every piece of content by just closing the game every time a fight goes poorly.
  • Options
    shut_up_heathershut_up_heather Posts: 285 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

The system is unable to tell between a legitimate disconnection and a purposeful game closure. If it didn’t function the way it does then players could abuse the system and avoid the need for using resources in any and every piece of content by just closing the game every time a fight goes poorly.

Not "could." Did.

The disconnect penalties did not always exist. But players exploited them by simply closing the game whenever a fight didn't go their way to restart it, and so the penalties were put in place to counter that.
    I feel like if it was implemented in that one 4.2.6 regen Mags fight, then hoo boy people would be angery