**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What type of playstyle do you love/hate the most?

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
There are lots of playstyles. We have parry-heavy, we have SP3-connoisseurs etc. Some champs have pretty fixed rotation, others are very flexible in their playstyle.

I myself am an avid hater of SP3 champs. I absolutely hate that, so champs like Namor, SymSup or Mysterio sadly aren't for me. But I really enjoy Miss champs, especially Stryfe and Maw. I love benefiting from miss. Also rewarding an intercept is something I love

My question is, what playstyles do you (dis)like? I am curious whether there is a universally loved/hated playstyle.

Comments

• My favorite has the be the champs where you do x to get y. Then use Y to get Z. Then use a special combined with Z. Gorr and rintrah are good examples of this. They also happen to be my favorite champs currently.

I don't really dislike any playstyles. Just none of them are on the level as My favorite
  • BlôdletterBlôdletter Posts: 444 ★★★
    I like ramp-in-fight champs, and champs, that allow me to control the fight. That's why I really like Fantastic, and Doom.

I like technical champs like Tigra, and Titania too, I would love to get Kitty, but AI has been really weird lately, I got punished quite often.

And I don't like champs with timers/missions, that require you to do certain action. I might not play OS perfectly, but if AI is stubborn ***, hides in corner, and you can't bait anything, bye-bye debuffs. OS is a good champ, I wanted to get her really bad from previous featured, but I found out, that I barely use her.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,157 ★★★★★
    Love: parry-heavy. Give me Diablo, Hype and Domino trinity every day.

Hate: intercept champs

Bring back selling champs: Ghost and Quake
  • I like the quirky ones. Proxima's great fun, high risk high reward
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 935 ★★★
    edited December 2022
    I love the basic stuff, Aegon/Starlord style, not much stupid rotations involved, u just play relaxed without having to worry about a bunch of variables during the fight, and do i like the persistent charges champs, ramping up is fun.

I hate champs that require too much of a specific playstyle, such as Quake and Tigra, or champs that depend too much on parry/heavy. I do dig Archangel or others that melt the opponent quick tough

And as opponents, i hate the erratic ones that throw random heavies such as Mysterio, but mostly passive mfers, such as Mordo or pretty much all champs in AQ -___-
  • HzoriHzori Posts: 288 ★★
    I love champs with selectable rotations like CGR and Shang-Chi.

Not a fan of parry heavy playstyles anymore, have played too much Beardo over the years. The only exceptions are maybe Hyperion and Sunspot cause their playstyle are a little different at least, plus they have crazy strong specials.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I'm a huge fan of play styles that require some finesse and planning ( imiw, silver centurion , OS) I love how the damage ramps up so quick in a fight.

I dislike parry heavy champs.

I don't like champs where you get a big payoff for multiple SP1s and then SP2 then Heavy then fire off. Some that come to mind = Misty Knight, Toad, and Sauron. It takes too long and not enjoyable.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    I'm a big fan of champs with different modes. Absolutely love BWCV. I think that Kabam is generally willing to offer a little more utility to these champs because they can't have it all active at once. In practice, you rarely need to have it all at once so with an extra combo here and there you can shift into the exact utility you need to get a find down. I feel like it allows those champs to take on so many more fights because they work this way.
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Fast damage dealing champs. CGR, Hit-Monkey, Spelthy, etc.

Don't like ramp up champs, especially when they don't have persistent charges.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,288 ★★★★
    edited December 2022
    I hate champions where you have to focus on maintaining debuffs (Exception is Apocalypse because there is either a way to make it permanent, or it is not really that important).
    The combination of a timer and needing to rely on the opponent AI just stresses me out.

I love champions that take opponent's advantages and turn them into disadvantages. Like BWCV, she makes the defender's immunities into fodder for her own abilities.
  • PowerOfACandlePowerOfACandle Posts: 334 ★★★
    I like hulkling's playstyle. No need to parry or intercept. Just dash back and hit on the opponent's block. Get two bars of power and throw the sp2. Pretty straightforward, and easily destroys the big healthpools.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    I enjoy just about every playstyle. Parry/heavy bores some to death, but I like it. Ramp up champs? Yes please. Omega Sentinel. Love her too.
    What I DON'T like...is not being able to vary my combos during the fight. Galan's MLM puts me to sleep. Great champ but I'm asleep at the wheel. 💤 😴 lol.
  • EtherionGodEtherionGod Posts: 251 ★★
    Kerneas said:

There are lots of playstyles. We have parry-heavy, we have SP3-connoisseurs etc. Some champs have pretty fixed rotation, others are very flexible in their playstyle.

I myself am an avid hater of SP3 champs. I absolutely hate that, so champs like Namor, SymSup or Mysterio sadly aren't for me. But I really enjoy Miss champs, especially Stryfe and Maw. I love benefiting from miss. Also rewarding an intercept is something I love

My question is, what playstyles do you (dis)like? I am curious whether there is a universally loved/hated playstyle.

I love any champ that has some hard ramp up. Aegon, Stryfe and Guilly are the first ones who come to mind when I wanna see crazy big numbers. I hope we get more ramp up champs like them down the line.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    Champs that are either simple to play such as Venom, Fury, Kingpin, Nimrod, or champs that allow me to have lot of control over the fight like Doom, Magik, Void, ShangChi
  • TheNepperTheNepper Posts: 24
    I love non-standard bigger learning-curve champs.
    I am Quake fun (let's hope she gets to be 6* and relevant again)
    Nowadays Tigra with the heavy-interceptingmethod is my favourite
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    I'm a fan of smooth animations and fancy sp - BWDO, Tigra, Silver Centurion, Jabari, Jubilee, S2099, Stryfe
    I also like tanky champs. I suck at stand-up parries and have an old device that lags often - Doom, Guardian, Rhulk, She hulk, Odin, Overseer.

I absolutely despise parry-heavy with only two exceptions - Hyperion and AA. So tediously boring you don't even need a brain to do it.

Naturally, I don't like Quake and Ghost
  • tufo24tufo24 Posts: 45
    Like using Parry and Heavy all the time that I can. Hate using champs that have to be played a specific way. Everyone loves Quake, Ghost and Kitty but I can't quake and bake for my life and sometimes don't play Ghost and Kitty right.

HATE playing against unblockable, unstoppable, evade, auto-block, falter and miss champs. Terrible for my playstyle

Favorite team to use is AA, Apoc, Red Magneto, Colossus and depending on when the first mutant opponent is, I either add in Omega Red if I can get Apoc a quick fight against a mutant and if not I add Cable to get the Horseman quicker on my AA.
  • Dragoon81Dragoon81 Posts: 147 ★★

Nukem down.

CGR, Nimrod against mutants, ramped up Cull etc

The faster they are with the minimum of thinking is a winner for me.

I am an avid hater of intercept as a requirement of a champs kit because I suck at it, that's why you missed out Proxima.

Love it, yes I want to parry and hittem hard. I hate how complicated it’s getting with 5 nodes interacting with 5 abilities etc.

• Viking_St3v3Viking_St3v3 Posts: 147 ★★
    Mauled said:

I like the quirky ones. Proxima's great fun, high risk high reward

Proxima is straight bonkers if you can get it right.
  • Viking_St3v3Viking_St3v3 Posts: 147 ★★
    I want fights over a quick as possible. So any champ that hits like a truck with as little thought as possible is for me.
  • I like SP3 champs because of the finisher animation. In hard content, most SP3s do about or under 5%, but with champs like Gorr or Ikaris, the damage corresponds with the brutal or fatal animation, making it more satisfying.
  • JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Posts: 394 ★★★
    I like all rotations mostly.

I really enjoy playing Kitty Pryde with her intercepts.

I love playing champs like Hercules or Shang Chi, where you do little things throughout a fight to ramp up that crazy damage.

Champs like Doom, where they lock an opponent in an endless cycle of health loss are awesome, too!

I just made Rintrah my first R4, and love his Sp2 damage, and root.

BWDO is my favorite champ, with the big DoT and huge Sp2’s, although evading after Sp1’s has also been very fun.

Simple five hit combo, special attack champs like Warlock are great.

Parry/Heavy like CapIW, Mags, and AA are amazing.

Champs like Quicksilver that have HUGE damage if you rotate them right are amazing. I’ve gotten to 198 whiplash a few times recently.

Galan, Ultron, and Apocalypse, who heavy into specials are also great fun for me.

Namor and Professor X, that just become special spam are very fun for me.

Building up Captain Marvel is super fun, and I love the extra damage with armor breaks.

Rotating benefit champions like Claire are fun too!

I think every rotation has its pros for me, and I enjoy learning how to play many different formats of champions, and then executing them to the best of my ability.

Jinx
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,455 ★★★★
    Ramp up/ persistent charge based characters suck
  • 0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    edited December 2022
    I hate ramp up champions that will punish you if you messed up. *cough cough Stryfe *cough cough

The playstyle that I like is Mojo. Just do the prompts and get bunch of followers. The really best thing is it applied to both attacker and defender which makes it easier. You can also not touch the opponent at all but it will be a bit risky. Overall really fun playstyle.

Another one is Hit-Monkey. No specific rotation or playstyle. Just MLM till the end. But if you want to use him for utilities (Assassin's Cunning & Primal Rage) just change a little bit of combo. Either start with MLM or MM.

One more that I like is Overseer. Get 6 gamma then SP3 and fight will usually be over at that point. That burst damage is insane.