'The Banquet' details

Comments

• ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    vinulk said:

What exactly will be the full contents of these crystals? Obviously there's the Jessica Jones, Weapon X, and the same stuff as gifting crystals from previous years. However, will there be different tiers of crystals linked to progression and what are the qualities of each item in the crystals? For example, if there's 6*shards, what are the possible amounts that you can find?

They didn't have progression restrictions so anybody was eligible to earn tier 5 and 6 materials as well as six star shards so long as they were eligible to participate in the event.
  • ThomildoThomildo Member Posts: 499 ★★★
    vinulk said:

What exactly will be the full contents of these crystals? Obviously there's the Jessica Jones, Weapon X, and the same stuff as gifting crystals from previous years. However, will there be different tiers of crystals linked to progression and what are the qualities of each item in the crystals? For example, if there's 6*shards, what are the possible amounts that you can find?

It has never been tiered in the past as far as i can remember. A lvl 40 acc could pull the same as a veteran acc. But this time i would expect some 7* shards and r5 materials to be in there.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Member Posts: 1,583 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Searmenis said:

Look forward to the videos people will post about their Banqueting Crystal openings. Curious how many people get Weapon X and how many get Jessica Jones?

I'm hoping I can get one of them at least.

I bet Jessica won't be in the crystal, but part of the rank rewards. At least the 6* version.
    Nah. They already said she's in the crystal in the actual post.
    The 6 star version too?
    JOE_SOLO said:

I want The Collector, Maestro, The GrandMaster or even an other rare special champ added to the Greater Banquet (Greater Gifting Crystals)

Jessica Jones is not doing it for me,

We do have a Maestro already. I don't think they ll introduce the comic version.
  • JOE_SOLOJOE_SOLO Member Posts: 32
    Searmenis said:

JOE_SOLO said:

I want The Collector, Maestro, The GrandMaster or even an other rare special champ added to the Greater Banquet (Greater Gifting Crystals)

We do have a Maestro already. I don't think they ll introduce the comic version.
    Nah thats The Overseer, i mean Maestro from Act 4,
  • JOE_SOLOJOE_SOLO Member Posts: 32
    Searmenis said:

JOE_SOLO said:

Searmenis said:

JOE_SOLO said:

The Overseer is the playable Maestro version, just like Galan is the playable Galactus
    You dont get my point, i want The Maestro from Act4 added to the crystals.
    JOE_SOLO said:

Searmenis said:

JOE_SOLO said:

Searmenis said:

JOE_SOLO said:

The Overseer is the playable Maestro version, just like Galan is the playable Galactus
    I do get your point, but I m trying to explain that it ain't gonna happen.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,932 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

JOE_SOLO said:

Searmenis said:

JOE_SOLO said:

Searmenis said:

JOE_SOLO said:

I do get your point, but I m trying to explain that it ain't gonna happen.
    Tbh he was confirmed to eventually get released as s playable champion. But that was, well, since act 4.4 got introduced ...
  • vinulkvinulk Member Posts: 26
    Thomildo said:

vinulk said:

It has never been tiered in the past as far as i can remember. A lvl 40 acc could pull the same as a veteran acc. But this time i would expect some 7* shards and r5 materials to be in there.
    Yeah, I know they haven't in the past, but they probably should considering a lvl 40 account won't have any use for 6* r4 materials. Lol
    vinulk said:

Thomildo said:

vinulk said:

Yeah, I know they haven't in the past, but they probably should considering a lvl 40 account won't have any use for 6* r4 materials. Lol
    Remember last gifting event? I saw some lvl 40 accounts with r3 weapon flex after that.. 😂
    But i agree it should be tiered @vinulk
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Searmenis said:

So, if I got this right, the game removed the Christmassy spirit gifting detail from the gifting event, to prevent cheaters in India to exploit it, something that was making the company lose money.

The gifting system was not the issue. Is the exploits and frauds that come with byuing units. Something that isn't being changed in any way this time, despite we been told it would. We pretty much got lied on the last announcement about it
    I don't think I understand this, but maybe I'm missing something. The Fraudulent purchases issue came directly from the ability to gift items.

No, it was directly from the act of byuing units, not to gift the resources.

Searmenis said:

So, if I got this right, the game removed the Christmassy spirit gifting detail from the gifting event, to prevent cheaters in India to exploit it, something that was making the company lose money.

The gifting system was not the issue. Is the exploits and frauds that come with byuing units. Something that isn't being changed in any way this time, despite we been told it would. We pretty much got lied on the last announcement about it

For example, a user has 2 Accounts, A and B: Fraudulent units were purchased on Account A, then used to send Items to Account B. Account B would keep the items, and Account A would get the Negative Currency when the chargeback occurred, but Account B didn't care because Account A is not a legitimate account.

And shouldn't both accounts get banned for it? Or don't you have the ability to detect which accounts are associated with each other? Because I'm pretty you do have the capacities to do so.

Essentially this time around, nothing changes apart from these people having to do so on their main accounts. Sure, these frauds can happen anytime on the year, but you're well aware that it gets even more crazy during the gifting event.
    I see no mention of cap the ammount of crystals bought, or anything similar in order to reduce the need to a fraud or the ammount of gains one would get by doing so. So it's probably safe to assume that it will be the same old gifting event, in which whoever spends more wins, no cap involved.
    No, Miike is right, and you're completely wrong.

Kabam has no obligation to solve *your* problems, whatever those are. They were specifically trying to address the issue of the gifting system acting as a de facto money laundering system. Because that's where the PROFIT is in the fraud.

Let's go over this again, real real real slow. Let's say I steal someone's credit card info or whatever. There's a dozen ways to do this, with SIMs, with gift cards, but let's just use credit cards for example purposes. So I steal this info, and I use it to perform a bunch of fraudulent transactions that buy a bunch of stuff for my own account.

And then if the person is still alive and checks his credit card statement, he sees a bunch of transactions he doesn't recognize and reports fraud. And then the credit card company revokes the transaction, and then the app store I used also revokes the transaction, and then Kabam gets a transaction revocation notification, and then hits my account with contest credits. They might also issue a temporary or permanent ban depending on the nature of the fraud.

So I get a couple months of playing with that stuff, and then its all over. Beyond that, I can't actually profit from this transaction. What's the point? Mostly, rolling the dice to see if the fraud gets reported. If it doesn't, I get off scot-free. But if it is reported, my account is basically hosed. This is a problem, but a very very minor one in the grand scheme of things.

Gifting creates a way for me to actually convert stolen credit card information into cash. All I have to do is sell the stuff I buy. Instead of buying anything for my account, I offer to buy a bunch of stuff and send it to someone else via gifting. They pay me, I buy the stuff and send it to them. Now what happens if the person being defrauded detects and reports the fraud. Same thing: the transactions get revoked, Kabam hits my account with contest credits, and maybe they try to trace the gifts to the destination account.

But in this case, I HAVE CASH. I don't have to buy the stuff on an account I care about. I don't care if I am hit with contest credits: I can just abandon the account. This is the problem. I can buy stuff for an account I don't care about, so I don't care if Kabam hits it with contest credits or bans it. I literally can just walk away from that account. I STILL HAVE CASH. Meanwhile, the poor sucker that received the gifts, he might get banned, maybe. But say it with me, I STILL HAVE THE CASH.

Now, without gifting I can still attempt to do this, but instead of using the relatively anonymous mechanism of gifting, I would have to buy stuff for someone else directly, by directly accessing their account. Which is much more risky. They would have to give me their account credentials, and that could be detected as an account sharing situation. And in this case, there are no innocent victims. In gifting, the recipient of the gifts doesn't necessarily know that the gifter is using fraudulent means to buy gifts. But anyone handing someone their account credentials to have them buy stuff for their account is definitely doing something wrong. They can't plead ignorance, because to do so they have to admit to account sharing, which is itself a bannable offense.

Kabam CANNOT stop theft in the world. They cannot stop fraud. Because in both cases, the theft or fraud happens OUTSIDE their game. The game is just the recipient of stolen goods. But gifting provides the opportunity to use the platform itself to launder stolen funds. This is something Kabam CAN stop, and terminating gifting prevents the platform from being used in this manner.

To repeat: Kabam cannot stop fraud. All I have to do is take stolen credit card information and use it to buy Apple gift cards from Amazon, then use those to buy Odins. Kabam has absolutely no way to detect or prevent this from happening. What they can prevent is someone using the platform to try to launder that stolen property.

Anyone who thinks otherwise just doesn't understand what the problem was, or even what fraud itself even is. And to be honest, I don't think you don't understand how fraud works. I think you just hate the idea of the gifting event allowing people to buy a lot of stuff, and you're trying to claim that Kabam should be trying to stop whaling out by connecting it extremely flimsily to fraud. But that's your problem, not an issue Kabam was trying to address. They failed to address your problem, because they were never trying to address your problem.
    What u mean if the person is still alive? Rofl . Dang a credit card thieve and a murderer!! 😱
  • LemonloafLemonloaf Member Posts: 117
    What are considered "consumables" like revives, energy refills and health potions? Or other stuff
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,292 Guardian
    Coppin said:

DNA3000 said:

Searmenis said:

I don't think I understand this, but maybe I'm missing something. The Fraudulent purchases issue came directly from the ability to gift items.

No, it was directly from the act of byuing units, not to gift the resources.

Searmenis said:

For example, a user has 2 Accounts, A and B: Fraudulent units were purchased on Account A, then used to send Items to Account B. Account B would keep the items, and Account A would get the Negative Currency when the chargeback occurred, but Account B didn't care because Account A is not a legitimate account.

And shouldn't both accounts get banned for it? Or don't you have the ability to detect which accounts are associated with each other? Because I'm pretty you do have the capacities to do so.

Essentially this time around, nothing changes apart from these people having to do so on their main accounts. Sure, these frauds can happen anytime on the year, but you're well aware that it gets even more crazy during the gifting event.
    I see no mention of cap the ammount of crystals bought, or anything similar in order to reduce the need to a fraud or the ammount of gains one would get by doing so. So it's probably safe to assume that it will be the same old gifting event, in which whoever spends more wins, no cap involved.
    No, Miike is right, and you're completely wrong.

Kabam has no obligation to solve *your* problems, whatever those are. They were specifically trying to address the issue of the gifting system acting as a de facto money laundering system. Because that's where the PROFIT is in the fraud.

Let's go over this again, real real real slow. Let's say I steal someone's credit card info or whatever. There's a dozen ways to do this, with SIMs, with gift cards, but let's just use credit cards for example purposes. So I steal this info, and I use it to perform a bunch of fraudulent transactions that buy a bunch of stuff for my own account.

And then if the person is still alive and checks his credit card statement, he sees a bunch of transactions he doesn't recognize and reports fraud. And then the credit card company revokes the transaction, and then the app store I used also revokes the transaction, and then Kabam gets a transaction revocation notification, and then hits my account with contest credits. They might also issue a temporary or permanent ban depending on the nature of the fraud.

So I get a couple months of playing with that stuff, and then its all over. Beyond that, I can't actually profit from this transaction. What's the point? Mostly, rolling the dice to see if the fraud gets reported. If it doesn't, I get off scot-free. But if it is reported, my account is basically hosed. This is a problem, but a very very minor one in the grand scheme of things.

Gifting creates a way for me to actually convert stolen credit card information into cash. All I have to do is sell the stuff I buy. Instead of buying anything for my account, I offer to buy a bunch of stuff and send it to someone else via gifting. They pay me, I buy the stuff and send it to them. Now what happens if the person being defrauded detects and reports the fraud. Same thing: the transactions get revoked, Kabam hits my account with contest credits, and maybe they try to trace the gifts to the destination account.

But in this case, I HAVE CASH. I don't have to buy the stuff on an account I care about. I don't care if I am hit with contest credits: I can just abandon the account. This is the problem. I can buy stuff for an account I don't care about, so I don't care if Kabam hits it with contest credits or bans it. I literally can just walk away from that account. I STILL HAVE CASH. Meanwhile, the poor sucker that received the gifts, he might get banned, maybe. But say it with me, I STILL HAVE THE CASH.

Now, without gifting I can still attempt to do this, but instead of using the relatively anonymous mechanism of gifting, I would have to buy stuff for someone else directly, by directly accessing their account. Which is much more risky. They would have to give me their account credentials, and that could be detected as an account sharing situation. And in this case, there are no innocent victims. In gifting, the recipient of the gifts doesn't necessarily know that the gifter is using fraudulent means to buy gifts. But anyone handing someone their account credentials to have them buy stuff for their account is definitely doing something wrong. They can't plead ignorance, because to do so they have to admit to account sharing, which is itself a bannable offense.

Kabam CANNOT stop theft in the world. They cannot stop fraud. Because in both cases, the theft or fraud happens OUTSIDE their game. The game is just the recipient of stolen goods. But gifting provides the opportunity to use the platform itself to launder stolen funds. This is something Kabam CAN stop, and terminating gifting prevents the platform from being used in this manner.

To repeat: Kabam cannot stop fraud. All I have to do is take stolen credit card information and use it to buy Apple gift cards from Amazon, then use those to buy Odins. Kabam has absolutely no way to detect or prevent this from happening. What they can prevent is someone using the platform to try to launder that stolen property.

Anyone who thinks otherwise just doesn't understand what the problem was, or even what fraud itself even is. And to be honest, I don't think you don't understand how fraud works. I think you just hate the idea of the gifting event allowing people to buy a lot of stuff, and you're trying to claim that Kabam should be trying to stop whaling out by connecting it extremely flimsily to fraud. But that's your problem, not an issue Kabam was trying to address. They failed to address your problem, because they were never trying to address your problem.
    What u mean if the person is still alive? Rofl . Dang a credit card thieve and a murderer!! 😱
    The kind of credit card fraud being discussed is not someone stealing mommy's credit card from her purse and going on a shopping spree. These days it is people buying packs of credit card information with anything from a hundred to a thousand records. You spread out your fraud across all of them, to dilute your activities. Most of them will challenge your fraudulent charges. Some won't. You hit those again and again as much as possible until you're shut down, because that's either someone that doesn't scrutinize their statements or someone that no longer is capable of doing so.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,292 Guardian
    Lemonloaf said:

What are considered "consumables" like revives, energy refills and health potions? Or other stuff

Speaking generally, consumables refer to things such as revives, potions, energy refills, and boosts. They do not include things such as rank up/level up materials (ISO and catalysts), currency (gold, loyalty, battlechips, etc), or crystals.
  • LemonloafLemonloaf Member Posts: 117
    DNA3000 said:

Lemonloaf said:

Speaking generally, consumables refer to things such as revives, potions, energy refills, and boosts. They do not include things such as rank up/level up materials (ISO and catalysts), currency (gold, loyalty, battlechips, etc), or crystals.
    Thats what I was expecting
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Member Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

I don't think you don't understand how fraud works. I think you just hate the idea of the gifting event allowing people to buy a lot of stuff...

This has always been exactly Ebony's issue with Gifting. He's so militantly FTP that he doesn't allow himself to accept the fact that this game would collapse and disappear if everyone thought the same way.

Personally, I'd like to communicate my gratitude to the Whales by letting them stomp me in Battlegrounds and Alliance War, which is the real thing FTP players bring to the game economy. Opponents to crush beneath you...
    😂😂.

Naw the game would collapse without FTP. Although I wonder what is actually F2P vs not buying huge deals. I don't think the big spending comes from whales like they use to. I believe it's the $5.00 here and there is where they thrive on.

Have you ever seen an old lady play candy crush, I don't think that game will ever die lol. I imagine it's similar to some old school guys here saying here is my $5.00 bucks. Whenever I hear someone who spends $5 and $10 every now and again complain then I get concerned.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    Texas_11 said:

DNA3000 said:

I don't think you don't understand how fraud works. I think you just hate the idea of the gifting event allowing people to buy a lot of stuff...

This has always been exactly Ebony's issue with Gifting. He's so militantly FTP that he doesn't allow himself to accept the fact that this game would collapse and disappear if everyone thought the same way.

Personally, I'd like to communicate my gratitude to the Whales by letting them stomp me in Battlegrounds and Alliance War, which is the real thing FTP players bring to the game economy. Opponents to crush beneath you...
    😂😂.

Naw the game would collapse without FTP. Although I wonder what is actually F2P vs not buying huge deals. I don't think the big spending comes from whales like they use to. I believe it's the $5.00 here and there is where they thrive on.

Have you ever seen an old lady play candy crush, I don't think that game will ever die lol. I imagine it's similar to some old school guys here saying here is my $5.00 bucks. Whenever I hear someone who spends $5 and $10 every now and again complain then I get concerned.
    Even free games usually have a one-time only charge to remove ads so even something like Candy Crush can have a justifiable expense attached.

Not to mention Candy Crush is a very different game than mcoc. Candy Crush is a puzzle game, they're not going to do anything drastic with their presentation or graphics. There's not going to be new characters added every month and you're not having all of these new opportunities to unlock new items or rank up material so it pretty much plateaus and only needs the occasional software update a couple of times a year.
  • Raj_PipaliyaRaj_Pipaliya Member Posts: 29
    @Kabam Miike When you'll give us full details of this event?
  • PvzGuy13PvzGuy13 Member Posts: 20
    Hey @kabam

So the "consumables" that we don't exactly have have a list of yet will infact contribute points to the banquet event itself??!

Is it not obvious what they mean? Health pots, revives, energy refills etc..
    It's the "etc" that people are interested in... All kinds of consumables currently in our inventory.

Does that mean it includes consumables such as:
    Revives & Potions (regular, AQ, AW)
    Refills (small, full, AQ & AW small refills)
    Cores (Stoney, Carb, Class Mastery)
    Boosts (Health, Attack, Health/Attack, AW versions of such, Class Boosts, 3min AW boosts, XP boosts)
    Arena boosts and Arena Stamina refills
    Sig Stones / Awake Gems
    BG Shuffle Signets
    BG Elder Marks
    Duel Credits
    @Kabam Miike Could we get clarification on this? What consumables will be available for gifting?
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,346 Guardian
    PvzGuy13 said:

Hey @kabam

So the "consumables" that we don't exactly have have a list of yet will infact contribute points to the banquet event itself??!

Is it not obvious what they mean? Health pots, revives, energy refills etc..
    It's the "etc" that people are interested in... All kinds of consumables currently in our inventory.

Does that mean it includes consumables such as:
    Revives & Potions (regular, AQ, AW)
    Refills (small, full, AQ & AW small refills)
    Cores (Stoney, Carb, Class Mastery)
    Boosts (Health, Attack, Health/Attack, AW versions of such, Class Boosts, 3min AW boosts, XP boosts)
    Arena boosts and Arena Stamina refills
    Sig Stones / Awake Gems
    BG Shuffle Signets
    BG Elder Marks
    Duel Credits
    @Kabam Miike Could we get clarification on this? What consumables will be available for gifting?
    I imagine that we will, unfortunately, learn what consumables we can gift on December 20th.