Champion leveling iso costs correct?

Crine60Crine60 Member Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
Are different champions supposed to cost different amounts of iso to level when they are the same rarity and rank?

I have found 2 examples recently while spending some spare iso to bring up my lower rarity champs for the grind of the occasional special low * arenas and I imagine there might be more. I always thought each level cost the same amount of total iso within a given rank/rarity so I don't know if that is incorrect or if this is bugged but I am not putting this in bugs because it may be intended.

I noticed that with my 2* champs, Sentinel costs more to level than HB does (to go from 29 to 30 in the below pics) and the same is true for UC versus Mephisto (UC is going to a lower level in the pic than Mephisto yet requires more iso).

Comments

• Ghost_FanGhost_Fan Member Posts: 273 ★★★
    There are some champs like Sentinel, Unstoppable Colossus, Ultron OG that take more ISO than the rest. Have no clue as to why
  • TerraTerra Member Posts: 8,346 ★★★★★
    Ghost_Fan said:

There are some champs like Sentinel, Unstoppable Colossus, Ultron OG that take more ISO than the rest. Have no clue as to why

Robots take more Iso than others, yes.
    UC does it because he was technically the games first "exclusive" champion in the first few years
  • Crine60Crine60 Member Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    @Kabam Jax Can we get an official answer as to why some champs cost more to level than others? I don't think it has ever been explicitly mentioned that there should be a difference or what justification there would be for it. If this is intended, can you provide an official list of all champs that require different amounts of iso (and I assume, relative to that, gold as well) and if this is something that will continue with new champs as well and if so if you can disclose that when releasing them too?

Different champs don't cost different amounts of materials to rank up when looking at the same rarity and rank so I'm not sure why leveling should be different. The only weird case with ranking that I know of is Karnak because you guys were considering making certain champs use multiple different classes of catalysts but then didn't go forward with that on anyone else.

I imagine the general assumption most players make is that the amount of iso to go from any given level with different champs of the same rank and rarity (stars) to the next level is the same across all champs and it seems like if that is not the case you should explicitly say so.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,340 Guardian
    Terra said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Robots take more Iso than others, yes.
    UC does it because he was technically the games first "exclusive" champion in the first few years
    Don’t think it is all robots, Vision has been around forever and is not like that I don’t believe.

But it *has* been UC and Ultron forever. And those 2 have been a “Footnote” at bottom of the various Levelup cost charts made by like Trucos, including most recent chart I have, also as far back as their chart that only listed up thru 4* champs many many years ago.

Believe Kabam had commented about this way back within first year or 2 of game and Forum.
    The “large-ness” of these certain champs caused them to require extra ISO to level-up (even though those 2 aren’t necessarily the biggest, they we’re deemed worthy of needing extra).

While other large champs have appeared over time, could be that only Sentinel has been added to this list because of the overwhelming extra size he has.