**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Back button broken since update

Chief_primeChief_prime Posts: 70 ★★
edited December 2022 in Bugs and Known Issues
Am I the only one whose BACK button no longer works since the update?

A few hours ago I installed the most recent December update and the first I noticed this was in AW. I couldn't back out from the fight screen. Had to shut the app.

You can see above, Im clicking the button on the top left and nothing is happening.

Then I noticed it was the same in other areas of the game too.

It started getting very annoying to have to reload the game each time so I completely uninstalled it. Cleared my phone cache. Reinstalled a fresh version and it worked fine. That is until a few hours later when the same thing just happened again. I got stuck in the Crystal window and had to shut the app to get out of there.

Ps. Not even the phone back button itself works.

I'm on Android latest version.
Samsung S10
Wifi.
Game latest version.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    Works fine for me.

Galaxy Note 20
    Wi-Fi
    Game latest version.
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★
    I was experiencing it earlier. Haven't checked lately to see if it's still doing it or not.

I'm on a Galaxy S22.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I had the same thing happen in one fight in AW or AQ. Forget which. Hasn't happened since.
  • Options
    Jaffa_Jaffa_ Posts: 33
    Yeah having dame issue on iPhone 12.
  • Options
    Vega_5Vega_5 Posts: 7
    The new update has also caused the same issue for me where pressing the back button won't allow me to go back or even exit the game. Also the auto fight feature is not working properly as well.
  • Options
    DragonMCOCDragonMCOC Posts: 528 ★★★
    Same here...screen freezing when opening crystals as well...

• Options
    Having this issue in war, not sure about other areas
  • Options
    For those who are still experiencing this, could you please share the info requested in the forum bug report template, particularly the info about your device and current OS version? Additionally, for those who haven't shared already, any info you can give on what mode, screen, or menu you noticed this happening on would also be helpful for us to look into this.
  • Options
    WolfrhkWolfrhk Posts: 78
    edited December 2022
    @Kabam Zibiit Thanks for the reply

Device and Version: Samsung Galaxy S8+

Device Operating System: Android 9

Mobile Carrier: None

Cellular or WiFi: Wifi

Game Version Installed: 37.1.0

Game Mode: Story Quest Act 3.2.6, Alliance War

Champions Affected: Presumably all champions

Active Boosts: No

Description of the Issue: When selecting auto fight in Story Quest I am able to auto travel, but when I get to champion choice screen the auto fight countdown doesn't auto start as it should. Clicking autofight does nothing and you cannot back out. Also in Alliance War I tried to back out of a boss fight and could not, was not attempting auto fight.

Screenshot or Video: https://streamable.com/pmrsd4
  • Options
    Cross linking this with the original post created earlier by someone else that pointed out this bug (as well as Auto-Fight).

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/321299/autocombat-and-back-button#latest
  • Options
    PROG73PROG73 Posts: 67
    Mine was not working early but is now - Android device
  • Options
    Device and Version: iPhone 13

Device Operating System: iOS 16.1.2

Game Mode: Daily Quest:ISO-8 Fields:Easy, Alliance War

Champions Affected: All champs

**borrowed from WolfrhK but with adjustments.
    Description of the Issue: When selecting auto fight in Quest I am able to auto travel, but when I get to champion choice screen the auto fight countdown doesn't auto start as it should. Clicking autofight does nothing and you cannot back out. Pressing fight will allow the fight to autobattle and then travel to the next fight where it will again not fight.
    I also tried to back out of a boss fight in Alliance War and could not. I had to press the Menu leave the fight.
  • Options
    Ka_eul22Ka_eul22 Posts: 2
    Device and Version: Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro

Device Operating System: Android 12

Mobile Carrier: Telkomsel

Cellular or WiFi: Both

Game Mode: All Mode, except Arena

Champions Affected: Presumably all champions

Active Boosts: +20% XP Boost from Summoner Sigil

Description of the Issue: Autoplay and back button work just fine when I just logged in into the game. But after some times they don't work as they should. My phone's back button doesn't do anything too.
  • Options
    BodmanBodman Posts: 4
    Device and Version: iPhone 13 Pro Max

Device Operating System: iOS 16.1.2

Game Mode: Quests, Realm of Legends, Champions menu

Champions Affected: All champs

*borrowed from WolfrhK but with adjustments.
    Description of the Issue: When selecting auto fight in Quest I am able to auto travel, but when I get to champion choice screen the auto fight countdown doesn't auto start as it should. Clicking autofight does nothing and you have to click Fight button to start the fight.
    If I go into the Champions Menu I can not back out with the back button. I had to press the Menu leave the Champions Menu.
  • Options
    HantotHantot Posts: 14
    Broken for me on iOS too, works for a while then stops, autofight also moves on map but doesn’t enter the fight

Restart fixes it for a while
  • Options
    Theflashseas10Theflashseas10 Posts: 145

Am I the only one whose BACK button no longer works since the update?

A few hours ago I installed the most recent December update and the first I noticed this was in AW. I couldn't back out from the fight screen. Had to shut the app.

You can see above, Im clicking the button on the top left and nothing is happening.

Then I noticed it was the same in other areas of the game too.

It started getting very annoying to have to reload the game each time so I completely uninstalled it. Cleared my phone cache. Reinstalled a fresh version and it worked fine. That is until a few hours later when the same thing just happened again. I got stuck in the Crystal window and had to shut the app to get out of there.

Ps. Not even the phone back button itself works.

I'm on Android latest version.
    Samsung S10
    Wifi.
    Game latest version.

I have just experience this I just posted myself
  • Options
    vernondesousavernondesousa Posts: 21
    I'm having the same issue. Auto fights run the map, but won't do the fight (so auto fighting does not happen) and you have to manually enter the fight. So I had to restart the game about 3 times and ended up DEselecting the Beta features opt in and then also DEselecting the game script if you've played it and then it worked (2 days ago).

And then last night the crystals I get I can't t back out of and have to use the HOME button in game to exit.

PLEASE KABAM! STOP CHANGING EVERYTHING WITH EVERY UPDATE!

This is not a rant, it is a genuine concern why the function of a button (and important button at that) was altered, how is that even possible?

Why was this even touched? The usability of the game depends on this and it still gets altered?

Using a : Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (512GB version)
    Android 10, latest game update ( 10 Jan 2023 ).
  • Options
    You have to OPT IN for the Beta FEATURES to have the back button to work.

But Kabam have changed the fight data in Arena and now needs 3 or 4 taps between every fight instead of 1, so I opted out....

Now it needs to be active to use the back button?

Come on...

So to be allowed to use the back button you need to be annoyed with slow arena fights? How does that work?

Try OPTING IN for the Beta FEATURES to get access to the back button.......
  • Options
    It seems it was only the Sunday Arenas that had the slow fight data after the fight. The arena seems fine like it used to be... So OPT IN for the Beta features and it seems that's where the problem is
  • Options
    Nope... Then it works then it doesn't... Autoplay in ISO Fields doesn't work... Even when opted in for beta features
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    The back button hasn’t been working correct since before the update it was just never fixed.
  • Options
    Manup456 said:

The back button hasn’t been working correct since before the update it was just never fixed.

It's not just the back button... All the other issues are new and still persist.

They need to get this sorted