**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why is Mantis skill?

It doesn't really make sense as most of her power doesn't come from her physical hits but her ability to manipulate emotions. Mantis should be Cosmic like the other GotG aliens (or even mystic? I dunno) If she's skill then why shouldn't Drax ( who has more fighting ability that Mantis could ever possess) or Gamora (who uses her fists and sword instead of a magic power) be skill too?

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★

• SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 933 ★★★
    edited December 2022

Mantis is a true master of Martial Arts, and she definitely could have fit into either Skill or Cosmic. It really came down to "We don't need any more Cosmic Champs right now" and "It would be cool to have another Skill class in the Guardians of the Galaxy,"

You're right that Drax or Gamora could have been skill, but they were introduced at the beginning of the game, and we're not going to go back and change them now, but it doesn't mean that we can't correct ourselves for new Champions coming out later.

I appreciate the explanation and i understand this, but it also creates double standards.. like he pointed about Drax or Gamora..

I mean, probably in the beggining yall gonna put all aliens as cosmics, but later on decided that some rely on close combat and put em as skill such as Korg and Valkyrie (even Thor Rags, which i strongly disagree), and i get that.. but Mantis has empathic powers, she s not a mere martial artist.. so even science would be open to debate.

Edit: Im very glad we had this transparency about the aspecting of choosing a champ s class! Some champs could indeed fit in more than 1 class, and would be great to understand which route yall designers decided to take.

Edit2: I always wondered if, when in this process of choosing a class, if one has advantage over the other, or if its just "we dont need a class X now". For example: Rocket is an alien and could be cosmic, but since he had cybernetics implanted and he relies on high advanged gadgets and weapons, he became Tech. So that means Tech has advantage over cosmic? Like if he has both traits, he will be tech, or am i overespeculating here? lol sorry i was always curious about this
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★

Mantis is a true master of Martial Arts, and she definitely could have fit into either Skill or Cosmic. It really came down to "We don't need any more Cosmic Champs right now" and "It would be cool to have another Skill class in the Guardians of the Galaxy,"

You're right that Drax or Gamora could have been skill, but they were introduced at the beginning of the game, and we're not going to go back and change them now, but it doesn't mean that we can't correct ourselves for new Champions coming out later.

Any particular reason you guys stop the dual catalysts like Karnak?
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    Who is Mantis skill?
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★

Yes please less Cosmics, not only is that class completely OP but it makes classes like Tech and Skill feel so small (cause they are)
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,158 ★★★★
    Just realised there is a skill guardian already in agent venom. Using that logic there isnt a mystic or science
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    SandeepS said:

Just realised there is a skill guardian already in agent venom. Using that logic there isnt a mystic or science

An argument can be made that had rocket been released nowadays, he could have fallen into the science category just as easy as he is a tech. In regards to mystic? That one I don't know outside of Adam Warlock but I don't know if they're going to add him as a guardian
  • DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    I get why there's no mutants, but it would be nice to see some science and/or mystic champs in the Guardians.

Adam Warlock is likely going to be cosmic, but maybe mystic? Pip the Troll?

Cosmo as science? Maxam maybe?
  • AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    Dukenpuke said:

I get why there's no mutants, but it would be nice to see some science and/or mystic champs in the Guardians.

Adam Warlock is likely going to be cosmic, but maybe mystic? Pip the Troll?

Cosmo as science? Maxam maybe?

Technically Kitty was a guardian for some time, so I guess you can call her the mutant guardian
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Mantis is very acrobatic in the holiday special