**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How To Use Apocalypse

FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,596 ★★★★
Just popped him out of a crystal, and I'm curious about how to use him, if he's better on offense or defense, and what nodes he can counter and his playstyle. Any comments are appreciated!

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Great for anti-purification. Bleed immunity, disorient immunity, and incinerate immunity. Evade counter, but takes a while. Can place 5 different debuffs, but tampered down by immunities. Cable synergy makes ramp-up faster, Stryfe synergy makes his damage a lot better. Take a look at his horseman synergies, only one I use often is Storm
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,596 ★★★★
    So is he good on offense or defense, and what about his playstyle?
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,280 ★★★★★
    Offensively he's a noodle unless he's fully ramped up so if you don't have a Cable I wouldn't use him personally unless you really want to use the Horseman ability but building up is gonna take longer and fights are gonna go pretty slow at the start. Defensively he rarely gives me any issues unless he's on boss node so if you have 5 other strong defenders I wouldn't rank him up for defense either.
    I really only ranked up mine because I have a Cable, that synergy makes worth it.
  • 0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    edited December 2022
    The goal is to put 4 debuffs on opponent then use SP3 to make it permanent. Apoc is ramped up champ. His ramped is pretty slow UNLESS you have Cable, Sinister or Kang in your team because you will start the fight with 4 charges. Other way to get 4 charges quickly is by fighting a mutant champion.

Now, what does the 4 charges means? When you have 4 charges you can just use SP1 and SP2 once as it will trigger two debuffs at once. So the ramped is easier and faster.

Basically, the rotation is...

Without 4 charges:

MLLLL
    SP1 (weakness)
    MLLLM
    SP1 (poison)
    MLLLL
    SP2 (concussion)
    MLLLM
    SP2 (degeneration)
    SP3 (make the debuffs permanent)

With 4 charges:

SP1 (put both effects at once)
    SP2 (both effects as well)
    SP3

One more thing is, make sure to heavy in between to refresh the debuffs.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,157 ★★★★★
    He also has a high health pool so he takes awhile to down to BG unless they have Nimrod.