**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Disabling Pause Button during Battleground Matches

Forgotten2Forgotten2 Posts: 172 ★★
edited December 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
Can we have the pause button removed all together from BG matches. Some one doing a few hits pausing then waiting out the timer shouldn't be an option.
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• Options
    SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    Wait that's an option!?!? What have I been missing out on lol
  • Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    I don’t see a problem in that since the player doesn’t get any score from time if he does that and in some conditions its not such a bad thing cause sometimes the AI is so passive that it doesn’t throw any specials even after alot of baiting and its better if the player pushes the defender to a sp3 by giving as much damage as possible and getting atleast some score.
    Moreover, i have seen this mainly against fury who takes sometime to take out completely , so its fine that you have the option to take him to 1% and pause instead of dealing with next life when you barely hai any time left to deal with him
  • Options
    KLZKLZ Posts: 140
    That is 100% Cheating, and should be removed next season.. it's even worse than sandbagging
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Can we have the pause button removed all together from BG matches. Some one doing a few hits pausing then waiting out the timer shouldn't be an option.

Not going to lie, I’ve done it a few times myself, but it shouldn’t be aloud.
    It should be quiet
  • Options
    LiLbee2LiLbee2 Posts: 36

I don’t see a problem in that since the player doesn’t get any score from time if he does that and in some conditions its not such a bad thing cause sometimes the AI is so passive that it doesn’t throw any specials even after alot of baiting and its better if the player pushes the defender to a sp3 by giving as much damage as possible and getting atleast some score.
    Moreover, i have seen this mainly against fury who takes sometime to take out completely , so its fine that you have the option to take him to 1% and pause instead of dealing with next life when you barely hai any time left to deal with him

Coward that what it is
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,559 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    I disagree, the pause button has been used by me multiple times when my dog decides to jump up on the sofa and disturb me, or even when I've been mid fight and answered the door for a delivery etc, more often than not it doesn't really.impact my outcome either but that a risk I got to be willing to take, and am content in doing so
  • Options
    You can’t pause a ranked match of any other type of online video game that I’m aware of and you should not be able to pause mid fight in this game either. I understand that it will indeed punish people who want to pause, for legitimate reasons like answering the door, or somethings suddenly happens in real life but as long as that feature exists people will use it to give themselves, an unfair advantage which isn’t great for anyone except the cheaters, therefore, it has to be taken away.
  • Options
    edited December 2022

You can’t pause a ranked match of any other type of online video game that I’m aware of and you should not be able to pause mid fight in this game either. I understand that it will indeed punish people who want to pause, for legitimate reasons like answering the door, or somethings suddenly happens in real life but as long as that feature exists people will use it to give themselves, an unfair advantage which isn’t great for anyone except the cheaters, therefore, it has to be taken away.

You can pause AW fights ...... why should BGs be any different 🤔.

It would be an extremely poor call to remove the pause option. I also think it was the wrong decision to remove the quit option too, there has been numerous occasions I needed to quit coz of something happening around me and haven't been able to, I've then had to just force close the app and crack on with whatever I'm needed for but then this would no doubt drag out the fight for my opponent, whereas a straight quit would of just ended it for them there and then.

Side note ... I'm.not a huge gamer but the games I have played in the past - ranked modes - you can definitely pause and/or quit mid game .... and I'm talking console games. Halo, COD, Need for speed, forza. All alow you to pause and quit but ultimately you lose the match. Kabam should do the same thing, allow quitting but if you do then you forfeit the right to score even 1 point in BGs.
  • Options
    FIFA too
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike is there any particular reason why the quit button was removed anyway? Is it too much work for the team to ensure that if someone quit then they just lose that fight? That seems like the logical thing to do, can't fathom why it isn't the case 🤔