**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ok, I'm gonna say it, but....(Regarding Halls of Glory, Fortune and Healing)

LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
edited December 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
So, I expect some mixed reviews on this because obviously everyone is at different levels in the game.

I used to always look forward to the event coming up. Easy to stock up on some iso and gold, etc. But recently I became Paragon, and I don't know if it's just me, but the event this time around just seems very....underwhelming. With the cost and resources it takes to rank up 6 stars and the amount of gold and Iso you get.....it just doesn't really do anything for me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm auto-running the event anyways cause I really need any gold and other resources I can get, and I'm not trying to complain about free stuff, BUT, maybe on the next iteration of this have a separate event for Thronebreaker and up? One that maybe offers a bit of higher tier resources? Just a suggestion of course. ^_^

I do appreciate all you guys do, I know it's not easy managing a game like this ;)
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I feel the same
  • Options
    Nalak8 said:

Totally agreed. I thought it was odd to require so much energy for such little gold.

I don’t know how people get enough gold to rank up 6* without doing massive Arena grinding.

This week is gold piggy bank. Yeah it costs $4.99 but you’re getting a million gold PLUS ISO. This is a great deal given the economy of the game as it stands today.

• Options
    AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 388 ★★★
    mata2021 said:

Nalak8 said:

Totally agreed. I thought it was odd to require so much energy for such little gold.

I don’t know how people get enough gold to rank up 6* without doing massive Arena grinding.

This week is gold piggy bank. Yeah it costs $4.99 but you’re getting a million gold PLUS ISO. This is a great deal given the economy of the game as it stands today.

The problem was created by years of ignorance and negligence on the part of kabam, primarily by keeping the iso on dupes the same amongst 4, 5 and 6 stars.

Selling the solution isn't the fix you think it is.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

mata2021 said:

Nalak8 said:

The problem was created by years of ignorance and negligence on the part of kabam, primarily by keeping the iso on dupes the same amongst 4, 5 and 6 stars.

I have 90 million gold, 240,000 4-star shards, and I’ve taken 4 champs to r4 this month. I don’t grind arena except on arena day.

The gold shortage is a function of people poorly using energy across monthly events (rushing to complete immediately then not using free energy on lower difficulties) or insisting on ranking up champs immediately even when it doesn’t impact what they’re able to do in the short term.

I have 1-2 champs I’m ranking in every class right now. I do 80-90,000 points every level up day. I sell all my gray iso besides some pieces to top off at max rank.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    This time I haven't done a single run of either of the 3 quests, & I'm not interested in doing it in the future as well if the rewards don't receive a significant buff

It's not worth it even if it can be done on auto & without energy (except gold)

The energy required for halls of fortune is much more valuable than the gold we get which is probably not enough even for 4* upgrades, let alone 6*
  • Options
    AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 388 ★★★
    edited December 2022
    TyEdge said:

mata2021 said:

Nalak8 said:

I have 90 million gold, 240,000 4-star shards, and I’ve taken 4 champs to r4 this month. I don’t grind arena except on arena day.

The gold shortage is a function of people poorly using energy across monthly events (rushing to complete immediately then not using free energy on lower difficulties) or insisting on ranking up champs immediately even when it doesn’t impact what they’re able to do in the short term.

I have 1-2 champs I’m ranking in every class right now. I do 80-90,000 points every level up day. I sell all my gray iso besides some pieces to top off at max rank.
    I have about 30 energy refills in overflow. I always maintain around that many so I can complete and fully explore all EQs on ALL difficulties each month (except lowest). I grind each arena to minimum final gold milestones (except 6 star featured arenas). I use all my glory on uncollected gold crystals and the last hero use solo event, I put up a score of over 1 million to reach top 1-10% for an extra 10 uncollected gold crystals. Hell, I even sell all my t3 class catalysts and t1 alphas for extra gold

I have never, NEVER, had more than 12million gold unless I went around 2 months without ranking up a champion. Considering on almost every youtube video nowadays, you see titles like "5 NEW R4 CHAMPIONS" and I'm sitting here barely able to take 2 champs from R1 to R3 without depleting almost every resource I have available is just sad.
  • Options
    Jazz_MessengerJazz_Messenger Posts: 152
    TyEdge said:

mata2021 said:

Nalak8 said:

I have to agree. My approach is VERY similar. I don’t waste energy and take a whole month to complete all levels. I do arenas for 22 hour events and new 3* and 4*. I don’t consider that grinding. I also rank high in level up and advancement events - often top 10%.

Seriously, gold is everywhere - arena, quest, battleground, incursion. I have over 200 million gold and can open 2000+ gold crystals if I want.

Having said that, I agree that halls of whatever are outdated and need revamp.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,689 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    It's fantastic for rarely played alts or low lvl accounts, for my main, not so much.

I pulled herc, rintrah and kitty last month, it would take a year to lvl and rank them based on how much I use my alt account (it's TB but not very active) so the gold and iso boost is much appreciated.

The healing quest, not even worth the effort to let platpool do it.

They need a TB+ tuned difficulty/reward lvl in my opinion.
  • Options
    TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    Despite my desperate need for iso and gold, the energy cost of the event is just too much considering the amount of iso/gold we're getting, ranking 1 champ to r3 costs 3-4 millions of gold that I can gather from Arena, Incursions and events.

What's the point of having catalysts and shards thrown at us everywhere now if there's no gold and iso upgrade to it as well, 5 and 6* dupes giving same iso as a 4* is just soooo outdated at this point, I hope kabam can fix that economy
  • Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    I made a post about the rewards being underwhelming and there being no difficulty in them but got no response! Totally agree with this post!
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

So, I expect some mixed reviews on this because obviously everyone is at different levels in the game.

I used to always look forward to the event coming up. Easy to stock up on some iso and gold, etc. But recently I became Paragon, and I don't know if it's just me, but the event this time around just seems very....underwhelming. With the cost and resources it takes to rank up 6 stars and the amount of gold and Iso you get.....it just doesn't really do anything for me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm auto-running the event anyways cause I really need any gold and other resources I can get, and I'm not trying to complain about free stuff, BUT, maybe on the next iteration of this have a separate event for Thronebreaker and up? One that maybe offers a bit of higher tier resources? Just a suggestion of course. ^_^

I do appreciate all you guys do, I know it's not easy managing a game like this ;)

I've literally never run the halls of Glory. They were never good at any time. If you are desperate for ISO... they still aren't worth doing. As I said in another post, the Halls of Fortune are a nerfed version of the original Gold Realm. The original was really good. The nerfed version is maybe worth doing if you are in the group who can't manage their gold. The halls of healing is outdated but still worthwhile, especially with no energy cost.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    Agreed. This is the first time I’ve not bothered with any of them. Probably up to Cavalier they’re still really good. After that not really.

Even halls of healing which I’ve never missed, I don’t have any content to complete so no point in even auto farming unless it coincides with hero use, that’s more of my problem though I guess.
  • Options
    Crisonix13Crisonix13 Posts: 12

Dont get me wrong, as a TB myself i also want more rewards but at this point I want them to focus on the lower tiers(UC(because a lot of people get really stuck here)) first, it takes a lot of time for lower levels to get to cav/tb without insane luck, by insane luck I mean pulling a 4/5* torch,quake,herc,nf,bwcv,AA to boost your content clearing.

-rate changes on the UC crystals(remove 3*) normal crystals should be removed and replace with Nexus(same RNG but atleast you can choose), and Nexus should be replaced with Selectors :
    1. It'll help beginners a lot
    2. It'll boost their content clearing like i said, without changing the stupid nodes.
    3. too much trash champions in the game
    4. It will be appealing for beginners to spend not just on units but also on crystals since its actually worth it with the removal of 3*s. Good changes = more kabam money = everyone's happy.

Suggesting this because I see a lot of old players are now refusing to spend money in the game and Im actually getting convinced of not spending too because of how trash the events and the rates really are.

• Options
    LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★

As I said in another post, the Halls of Fortune are a nerfed version of the original Gold Realm. The original was really good. The nerfed version is maybe worth doing if you are in the group who can't manage their gold.

YES! This SO MUCH! The first version of this was amazing! Something like that is what I would love to see return!