**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Battlegrounds Season 4 Meta [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Manup456 said:

@FiiNCH I said pretty much irrelevant yeah you have a few that will still work but you know exactly what everyone is talking about.

I love how you always have those people on this forum that 100 people can say the same thing and they say the opposite but they still believe they are right 😂

Tbh your arguments are weak, which is why I’m not agreeing with them.

You’re trying to say everyone has to rank up niche champs to do well in this meta, which isn’t the case.
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    As others have said now and what was said when the nodes were announced that this is a very restrictive meta especially for victory track.
    That being said, if u ranked up ur shiny new Herc from the cosmic abyss nexus over someone who is suitable for this meta even after the nodes were announced and u want to compete in bgs then that’s poor planning on ur part because u have to prioritise ur rankups based on ur needs.
  • Options

FiiNCH said:

FiiNCH said:

Buttehrs said:

FiiNCH said:

Buttehrs said:

FiiNCH said:

And here come the complaint posts…

We’ve had weeks to prepare for these nodes. If you haven’t ranked up champs to counter them then that’s on you.

Can't rank someone up if you don't have them in the first place though.
    There’s not just one counter is there though, there are literally multiple champs who counter the nodes in this meta..
    That's great. Still doesn't mean people have those counters.
    Buttehrs said:

FiiNCH said:

Buttehrs said:

FiiNCH said:

And here come the complaint posts…

We’ve had weeks to prepare for these nodes. If you haven’t ranked up champs to counter them then that’s on you.

Can't rank someone up if you don't have them in the first place though.
    There’s not just one counter is there though, there are literally multiple champs who counter the nodes in this meta..
    That's great. Still doesn't mean people have those counters.
    Pointless argument - show me someone who doesn’t have any viable counters in their deck whatsoever.

Majority of people will have plenty of counters, who they just haven’t ranked up.

Sure they might. But not everyone has the resources to afford to rank up niche champs that they will only use for this specific meta and never/rarely use outside of BGs. You're basically suggesting to people with a bunch of lower level/less varied rosters to rank up 10-15 (potentially mediocre) champions for a timed event, and then in another thread, when the same people are complaining about the lack of iso/gold, you'll be the first one telling them to take one champ up at a time and only champions they NEED.

Victory track should not look to ostracize those that victory track is MADE for. The previous victory track Metas were NEVER this limiting. Rich get richer didn't kill you for not bringing buff heavy/nullify champs. It required skill to play against the nodes. The only skill this requires is getting 9 hits and pausing to timeout while hoping your opponent dies if you don't have a good counter.
    See my comment above where I ranked 13 top champs (off the top of my head - there are more) who are great for this meta…
    Give over. You're paragon. I'm paragon too and didn't even have to rank up new champions to compete well in this meta, but even I understand for many people (especially those that VT is aimed toward), this is severely limiting. Most Paragon and even some TB players will be out of the VT in 2 weeks' time. Because it isn't made for THEM.

So how about empathize with people VT IS made for? You know, the 90% of the game that AREN'T paragon and CAN'T afford to rank up 15 champions for a single month, seen as they need to balance story mode, variants, AQ, AW, EQ, Incursions, and even FUTURE BG metas.
    Firstly, VT is for everyone, otherwise we wouldn’t have to do it every time.

There are a ton of counters. Yes it’s on the harder side, but so far every screenshot I’ve seen in this thread are people not using appropriate champs then coming here to moan it’s too hard. Am I supposed to empathise with them then? Unless you’re telling me every single person moaning on this thread doesn’t have a roster with any counters in.
  • Options
    Manup456 said:

@FiiNCH and you are basing what you are saying off your current position and roster because you think everyone or most people have all those champs or any of them you listed 😂 I have them all but you really think most people have even half of the champs you listed. I’m not the only one saying the same thing but have you ever thought you were wrong?

I’m not really no, because relatively speaking, I only have a small roster. I don’t even have all the champions I listed.

You said people need to rank niche champs to do well in this meta. That’s incorrect.

I can have a debate with people if they’re making considerate points, but when people are running to the forming screaming ‘it’s too hard change it’ and sending screenshots of them using the wrong champs, then I won’t just jump on the bandwagon.

• Options
    ChawnChawn Posts: 4
    @FiiNCH

I’m a thronebreaker myself and I specifically needed to rank up champions that could help me push through paragon yet we are forced to rank up specific champs for this new BG season because of this node (if you want to compete this season). Also, funny thing is, you’re gonna let other players rank up Howard the Duck because he is more reliable and helpful this new BG meta over a Herc that could solo the whole content on this game. KABAM needs to change the nodes, it’s really unfair.
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited January 2023
    Words of wisdom. Watch the timer withNick.
    Mario33 said:

200 sig Namor is very useful. Galan Hulkling Terrax Venom will work also.

The Thing is immune to armor break and nulify. Wiccan is also immune to armor break you can use the for defense.

I lost a round with my 75+% health 5* namor because I am an idiot. I timed out on 6* Nick before his health reset to 30% on 2nd life, lol. It looked like I only took off 20% from opponent. I came to read comments knowing people would not have read nodes before playing. 😂
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    Pungapoo said:

NearJr said:

Like every other game mode, if you use the wrong counter, you will have a bad time.

This is not a Git Gud post.

Not everyone has a deep enough roster to load up a full deck of power burn immune champs.
    Power Burn immune aren't the only counters.
  • Options
    Ceti_EelCeti_Eel Posts: 64
    So if I don’t have Galan, an r3 hulkling, venom, king Groot or CMM I’m never going to win?
  • Options
    Ceti_EelCeti_Eel Posts: 64
    edited January 2023
    Doesn’t seem fun
  • Options
    CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    amazing the amount of people who refuse to read :D as if the majority want another form of arena brain dead gameplay
  • Options
    Chawn said:

@FiiNCH

I’m a thronebreaker myself and I specifically needed to rank up champions that could help me push through paragon yet we are forced to rank up specific champs for this new BG season because of this node (if you want to compete this season). Also, funny thing is, you’re gonna let other players rank up Howard the Duck because he is more reliable and helpful this new BG meta over a Herc that could solo the whole content on this game. KABAM needs to change the nodes, it’s really unfair.

That’s why u gotta prioritise ur rankups..if u want to do other content in the game first then definitely rankup Herc but if u want to do well in bgs over the next month then u gotta prioritise HTD over Herc..and HTD has been solid for atleast 3 victory track metas(rich get richer,explosive personality and now electric defence).
  • Options
    StorminhuStorminhu Posts: 19
    Manup456 said:

@FiiNCH and you are basing what you are saying off your current position and roster because you think everyone or most people have all those champs or any of them you listed 😂 I have them all but you really think most people have even half of the champs you listed. I’m not the only one saying the same thing but have you ever thought you were wrong?

No you are wrong. Just get better roster or sit this one out, and get better roster for the next season. Geez
  • Options
    Normax_X said:

As others have said now and what was said when the nodes were announced that this is a very restrictive meta especially for victory track.
    That being said, if u ranked up ur shiny new Herc from the cosmic abyss nexus over someone who is suitable for this meta even after the nodes were announced and u want to compete in bgs then that’s poor planning on ur part because u have to prioritise ur rankups based on ur needs.

yeah because there's 500 counters for this meta right? half the ones who work are purely attack champions,(claire, cgr, namor, thor, etc) for the other part of ur deck if u get no good defenders from ur draft, ur done. and "oh yeah galan and hulkling gd defenders too", ur gonna need them on attack thats why they're there. its a VERY restrictive 0 skill based node that would've been good in gladiator, but for the entire victory track that's just stupid. and for the ones who dont have a roster that highly developed all they can do is 10 hits pause and time out
    Yes It is restrictive and yes this forces people to either rankup specific champs or struggle and yes it should not be included in the victory track but to cry about not having champs for the meta when u knew what the nodes were and still prioritised ranking other champs then that’s poor planning.
  • Options
    ThePharcideThePharcide Posts: 212 ★★★
    Manup456 said:

@Kbugii Exactly everyone in the player base should have an opportunity because no way will most people be able to rank Howard the duck over Human Torch because he’s good in BG when Torch will help them way more in all other aspects of the game. Resources for a lot of people take a long time to collect to have to rank a champ they are only gonna use in BG.

That's funny. I have both HtD and HT at 6*r3 and I will be taking HtD to r4 before HT. And not because of BG, but because I like playing with him.
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★
    I don't mind the meta as we're all in it. The opponent doesn't have something else.

I hate the pause thou. Its a time wasting exercise. Get rid of it.
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    edited January 2023
    @Storminhu I know bro it’s pretty bad and the bigger issue is yet to come because if this becomes a common practice moving forward next season when the meta changes to something else after people ranked a bunch of champs for this season will they become useless next season.
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    @TheParasite This is not common 9 out 10 people wouldn’t do that but if you enjoy the champ that’s number 1 but he’s obviously not better than HT
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,211 ★★★★
    Kabam just messed up, this meta would nice for GC, but not for Victory Track, I only played 1 match vs a similar acc and destroyed him because I have maybe 10 good counters and 10 good defenders in my champ roster, and I noticed that its pretty unfair, even with good defenders that have no synergy with this meta it just gets annoying, literally my Elektro is like yeah boy, hit me more
  • Options
    Manup456 said:

@Storminhu I know bro it’s pretty bad and the bigger issue is yet to come because if this becomes a common practice moving forward next season when the meta changes to something else after people ranked a bunch of champs for this season will they become useless next season.

Ok this is not a criticism or anything of the sort but please list the champs that u consider would be ranked up but then would be useless after this season? I am genuinely interested
  • Options

Manup456 said:

Ok this is not a criticism or anything of the sort but please list the champs that u consider would be ranked up but then would be useless after this season? I am genuinely interested
    Hasn’t got a clue. Just wants to moan and everyone join the bandwagon with them.