**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Called it! Rogue synergy!

Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★

Swedeah will be psyched😂

Comments

• Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    I'm really not a fan of this trend. They should slightly update the champs not add synergies for things like this. Spider-Man and starlord are two of the worsts offenders in synergy over kit update.
  • Options
    Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★

Fixing problems with synergies sucks.

Kinda, but when there’s really only one problem it doesn’t make sense to do a buff and fix just that
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 563 ★★★

Kinda, but when there’s really only one problem it doesn’t make sense to do a buff and fix just that
    Not her only problem, there are a ton of buffs she can't steal, so that and the pause during specials would pretty much fix all her problems
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    BigBuster said:

Why not? It's an easy buff that'll appease the community.
    People are complaining about Champs that needed a numbers bump, getting a numbers bump instead of other Champs getting a full rework even though there's no time for a full rework.

So as you can see it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't.
  • Options
    Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    Ortoun said:

Not her only problem, there are a ton of buffs she can't steal, so that and the pause during specials would pretty much fix all her problems
    I guess the problem with some buffs would be that they just wouldn't fit on other champs so kabam left those out.

What would rogue do with annihilus' cosmic control rod?

But there are also some buffs that would make sense to be stolen, so I for one advocate for this idea.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

Ortoun said:

I guess the problem with some buffs would be that they just wouldn't fit on other champs so kabam left those out.

But there are also some buffs that would make sense to be stolen, so I for one advocate for this idea.
    Ultimately what Rogue needs is just an extension on her timer as well as an updated list of the type of Buffs she can steal and she would be perfectly fine in the current meta with those changes alone.

I guess if you want to add something extra, you could just update her synergies to include some of the newer Champs as well.
  • Options
    Wozzle007 said:

Yeah, but really this should be part of her base kit, not a synergy. If this was the only thing they did in a Rogue buff she’d be so much more playable and fun.

Moving forward I don’t think they’ll be adding single pieces of utility into the base kit of champs like SL, rogue and some others and with new champs just give them a synergy if their kit matches theirs.
    Also i think they’ll only give old champs whose kit is outdated the complete reworks or numbers upgrade.
    Its sad but i think that’s how it’s going to be.
  • Options

With BGs being a main focus for a lot of players now, I really hope Kabam understands we’d rather have some of these synergies implemented into their base kits. The ones within reason, of course.

Yea seriously! I sometimes wanna do the cable heavy spam in Bgs but the degen in his base kit sux.. there are other champs that are so good with synergies but absolutely underwhelming otherwise
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    edited January 2023
    It's definitely huge for her, but I agree this should just be part of her base kit until she gets a bigger buff later or something

I am not a fan of needing new champs to fix problems with old champs via synergy - synergies should be a 'nice bonus' rather than such an improvement, considering that enemy special attacks are a huge problem for Rogue's buff timer
  • Options

It's definitely huge for her, but I agree this should just be part of her base kit until she gets a bigger buff later or something

I am not a fan of needing new champs to fix problems with old champs via synergy - synergies should be a 'nice bonus' rather than such an improvement, considering that enemy special attacks are a huge problem for Rogue's buff timer

Very true! Starlord should have the mantis synergy in his base kit as well… but I don’t think its gonna happen
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★
    edited January 2023

Ortoun said:

The problem is that her description states “opponents can not activate those buffs if Rogue holds them”. Annihilus wouldn’t be able to re trigger his cosmic control rod buff.

It doesn’t matter if she can’t “use” it; she either steals buffs or she doesn’t!

• Options

Ortoun said:

The problem is that her description states “opponents can not activate those buffs if Rogue holds them”. Annihilus wouldn’t be able to re trigger his cosmic control rod buff.

It doesn’t matter if she can’t “use” it; she either steals buffs or she doesn’t!

Last i tried i think she can hold some of the new buffs… i think it was the pierce buff
    Some i think are unique to a particular champ and i think those can’t be stolen like hunter spider, malice on VP