**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The difficulty increase is ridiculous

StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
edited January 2023 in General Discussion
I used to be able to auto fight master but now can't auto fight the easiest path in the equivalent of conqueror.

does Kabam only care about people with larger rosters and better skills? I'm very close to calling it quits again.

The difficulty level needs to be fixed. The player PI is ridiculous this month!
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    crogs said:

I just don't remember master quest completions only giving 5 units. Maybe I'm mis-remembering, but I thought it was 10 units. Now proven is the comparable level, and it's giving 5 units. This is a downgrade. I use times when I'm not actively playing to autofight these quests during champ events to build up units.

I don't care about overall difficulty, I compare about the reward decrease for comparable content.

Master only gave units in the past when you completed a chapter. Nothing for the first quest. Pretty sure the units are the same.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,448 ★★★★
    Skill issue
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    They just spread out rewards and scrawed over cav difficulty.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Wozzle007 said:

For context, if you had a roster that could easily auto fight previously but now can’t, imagine what it’s like for those who previously could complete each month, but only by a little. Or maybe with a revive or two. This isn’t about Paragon and Thronebreakers who can’t auto fight the Master Equivalent quest. It’s about conquerer and low level uncollected who now can’t get through.

Which they will grow into.
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 649 ★★★
    I don't know that it has gotten more difficult per se, just longer. Attack values in the quest seem fine, but the health pools definitely increased a bunch, at least in uncollected (global +300% atk, +800%def). It may be that the added node to increase atk of certain classes was meant to counter it, but I don't see why either change was warranted.
    B00tblack said:

Wozzle007 said:

For context, if you had a roster that could easily auto fight previously but now can’t, imagine what it’s like for those who previously could complete each month, but only by a little. Or maybe with a revive or two. This isn’t about Paragon and Thronebreakers who can’t auto fight the Master Equivalent quest. It’s about conquerer and low level uncollected who now can’t get through.

They grew into it in previous months when it was easier.

Yes, and the gaps between Difficulties were greater.
    Wozzle007 said:

Wozzle007 said:

They were already growing into just fine. Now they may not be able to because the content has increased in difficulty, without any additional incentive to complete it.

How can there accounts grow if the monthly events quests, a key part of the game for resources has been so significantly up tuned that people who could complete before now can’t? This isn’t like a side quest where they change each month and it’s not always easy to keep parity with the difficulty. Monthly event quest difficulty should remain stable. If they are going to increase the difficulty the rewards should increase as well. It’s not fair to the cohort of players that do that level of content.

Personally I don’t think the rewards should increase but the difficulty revert back to its previous state.
    The same way their Accounts grow with anything else. By doing the best they can with it, and advancing through as many areas as possible. Ranking Champs, doing Story, playing Alliance Events, doing Arenas, Incursions, BGs, etc. The difficulty increase isn't that insurmountable. It's a step up. Relying on one source is one thing. Relying on it month after month as a one-stop shop for everything, and expecting to progress, is another.

Licky said:

Uncollected difficulty is now the same as Cav was previously
    Ridiculous

They nerfed Cav. So you are saying that current Uncollected is the same as previous Cav, which would make current Uncollected harder than current Cav? That doesn't seem likely. It does seem odd that they would increase the difficulty of Uncollected though.

It was to make it more streamlined between Difficulties. If you'll remember, there was quite a step between them. For us, we may not have noticed much. It was noticeable when you saw it. To be fair, it's been literal years since it's changed in any sort of significant way. It's more in line, and it was bound to happen sometime.
This discussion has been closed.