**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The difficulty increase is ridiculous

Comments

• Options
    xTURKISHxxTURKISHx Posts: 70
    Zolobacsi said:

And just like that, the community stopped complaining about the BG meta

It's a slightly bigger issue because we are stuck with these rewards for a while. BG meta will go away at the end of the month.
    Neither bg meta, sq or eq are as painful as that korg and black panther in the gauntlet...those two fights actually made me break a sweat
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    Okay guys, i just finished my first run thru this month TB EQ master difficulty also known as Conqueror difficulty. I was able to just auto everything except the two new bosses which are baron zemo and the last dude absorbing man. Those bosses i jumped in and fought them but thats probably because they are new and i wanted to test them out see how difficult were they. I believe absorbing man is a very difficult boss without human interaction, the regen is massive.
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    edited January 2023
    OK. I went into Uncollected EQ, Chapter 1. Here’s the team I took:

Keep in mind, this is the Science Ascendancy quest — I am not getting the Attack boost. This is just me, just playing.

Rhino lane, 5/50 Professor X, so I can get the Mutant/X-Men Special Attack boost:

I lost Iceman to the Tigra, because of a dropped input. Just the truth. But it actually worked out OK because I could vulture another Persistent Charge for Professor X.

Next up: Drax. Took him solo with Professor X, picking up another Persistent Charge, but I forgot the photo.

Next up: Doctor Octopus, with, as you can see, a 3/30 Magneto:

Seriously: What are we even talking about, here?

Yes, it is more challenging. It is. About 80K-110K health pools.

But you can literally clear it with 4-stars! I didn’t even have the Science Ascendancy attack boost going — I shudder to think what a Scorpion or IHulk or IBom would do with a 30 PERCENT ATTACK BOOST.

Come on, people — I am not even a very good player. I have some skill and experience, but there are absolutely a ton of players who are better than me.

What are we even talking about, here?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Jwagg said:

Wozzle007 said:

For context, if you had a roster that could easily auto fight previously but now can’t, imagine what it’s like for those who previously could complete each month, but only by a little. Or maybe with a revive or two. This isn’t about Paragon and Thronebreakers who can’t auto fight the Master Equivalent quest. It’s about conquerer and low level uncollected who now can’t get through.

Which they will grow into.
    They won't grow at all now because they can't complete things now that they used 100%, new people will just quit increasing the timeline for the death of the game.
    New people will grow and adapt, the same way we grow and adapt, and have done since the beginning of playing. If we all quit the second we couldn't do something 100% the day that it came out, there would be no game. This game has had an infinite number of "deaths", pretty much everytime something comes along that people are uncomfortable with. Life goes on, and so will the game.
  • Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★
    Jwagg said:

Wozzle007 said:

For context, if you had a roster that could easily auto fight previously but now can’t, imagine what it’s like for those who previously could complete each month, but only by a little. Or maybe with a revive or two. This isn’t about Paragon and Thronebreakers who can’t auto fight the Master Equivalent quest. It’s about conquerer and low level uncollected who now can’t get through.

Which they will grow into.
    They won't grow at all now because they can't complete things now that they used 100%, new people will just quit increasing the timeline for the death of the game.
    If I had a penny for everytime someone said the game was dying I would be able to keep the game afloat all by myself
  • Options
    HaamertailHaamertail Posts: 109
    Is a bug across the board I’m guessing.

Same difficulty before and after boss fight.
  • Options
    A couple perspectives that I don't believe have been shared.
    First off, this is a new aspect of the game, so it's entirely possible they're still feeling out the tuning. This may not be the final iteration.
    The other aspect is, if it is the intention, this actually prepares people for doing content leading up to the next level of Progression.
    Just a couple of things that occurred to me.
  • Options
    Wozzle007 said:

First off, this is a new aspect of the game, so it's entirely possible they're still feeling out the tuning. This may not be the final iteration.
    The other aspect is, if it is the intention, this actually prepares people for doing content leading up to the next level of Progression.

Why are you speaking for Kabam. You have no idea what the cause of any of this is, whether it is intentional or not. Give your opinion on whether a change in difficulty in needed but until Kabam confirm anything you shouldn’t be presupposing their intentions as if you have some kind of factual knowledge.

Your point that changing the difficulty prepares people for doing content to get the next progression is really not valid in anyway shape or form. If people want a step up in difficulty they can choose to do the next difficulty level. Just like people can choose to do act 6/7/8 if their skills and roster allow it. If Kabam decides to double the difficulty of content, but not change the rewards people won’t do the content. It’s not worth the time and effort to complete it. So this doesn’t prepare anything for anyone.

If Kabam wants to prepare players for the next progression level, the way to do it is to buff the rewards of the next difficulty level to entice people to step up. Buffing the difficulty of something players routinely do, without any additional incentive to continue to do it doesn’t prepare anything for anyone. It’s forces a cost benefit analysis on whether there’s any point to do that content anymore. For a large chunk of players, there won’t be any point either because it’s now too difficult or it’s too time consuming for the lack of pay off.
    I'm sorry, did I claim to be speaking on behalf of them?
    I'm exploring perspectives on the changes. It's also a reasonable possibility, given the fact that EQ is something people do on a monthly basis. It would make sense to have it encourage people to get better in tandem with Story content that they will need to complete to advance.
    You're free to disagree with that perspective. You can't just imply that I'm speaking for Kabam. We are all free to express our own views on it.
  • Options
    Chobbly said:

I think that the first perspective should have been resolved in Testing. At some point x weeks or months ago this EQ would have gone before a QA rep or Tester who would have immediately spotted the increase.

As far as it being intentional, if increasing the difficulty was the aim then it should have been communicated as such. I don't know if the CCP had been made aware of this change, as it could affect their content with monthly guides, etc. The lack of any official response can lead to any number of conspiracy theories being made, but whatever the reason it's not good.

The uplift in difficulty is not subtle, hasn't been communicated and is clear to see. A response from Kabam would help to explain what has happened. No communication risks making the situation worse.
    There is no testing they can do to replicate the data and feedback in these scenarios. Every new Difficulty has undergone adjustments after their inception. They can't test to the scale of the many people playing the game provide. It's really a co-creation of sorts.
  • Options
    SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    I don't mind the difficulty, but the deym nodes we have to read
  • Options
    El_CapoEl_Capo Posts: 59
    edited January 2023
    Is kabam saying anything about this? Go back to how we had it on December so many players are going to get discouraged and quit the game. Also the units part is ridiculous. You guys are also limiting resources at this point going this way in two years we won’t even get any rewards 😑
  • Options
    Ceti_EelCeti_Eel Posts: 62
    The average PI on uncollected champs seems about 30% higher especially at first chapter. At least from what I recall.
This discussion has been closed.