**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

My 10 Revive Grandmaster's Gauntlet Run

Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
Finally, the Grandmaster's Gauntlet has returned! I jumped in straight away today to try and get the rewards. Initially, I was a little worried that I would run out of items (I had 161 units, 19 L1 revives and 4 L2 revives, along with a team revive). However, I was able to clear it using 10 revives (with a lot of potions though). Gonna break down the run here, with notes for each fight along with some extra tips.

The Squad:
6* R4 unduped apoc
6* R4 sig 200 doom
6* R4 sig 200 herc
6* R3 sig 20 prof x
6* R2 unduped white mags
Standard mastery setup, no suicides but I had max despair for sasquatch. Pacify, willpower, and petrify masteries are strongly encouraged but not necessary.

The Run:

Doom was first up. Used apoc for this guy so the only thing I had to worry about was bubble shield. Still, this doom hits incredibly hard into the block. Mind your parries and know how to consistently evade all of his specials and you should be good. In terms of the rotation, get all 4 of your debuffs up on doom and sp3 to make them permanent. Then spam sp1 for the big damage. Fairly easy solo.

Terrax was fun. Use herc and intercept at the start of the fight to build your feats of strength up to 12. From there, go bananas. Terrax is special locked while his rock field is active, so combined with the 200% power gain you can just keep intercepting and hitting him in the corner while the immortality saves you from the rock field damage. Solo.

Vision was very easy with doom. Even though he has power bond, all of doom's power control count as power steal effects so they aren't affected. Use the infinite doom cycle (more detail in my abyss first clear guide but basically you spam sp3 and sp1 to keep the aura and fury up at all times) and you will have a good time. Solo.

Modok is also very easy. Use apocalypse and parry at the start to ramp up and get the disorient immunity. Then spam sp1 to get the poison and weakness. Do NOT use sp2 since modok can auto block in the middle of special attacks as apoc finishes incredibly close to modok. The sp1 pushes apoc back slightly when he fires his cannon so you can quickly parry if modok tries to run in afterwards. Another easy solo.

Spider ham is the first big challenge in this quest. I used professor X since he can counter his evade, however this spam is also debuff immune and has double power gain. As a result, your ability to maintain the prowess buffs in this fight is entirely dependent on how passive spider ham is with his sp1. Hold heavy and use the falter to build charges when needed and try to be as open as possible when baiting his sp1. Activating mind control with your sp3 and spamming specials from there is, from my experience, the most consistent way to deal good damage. Dropped 1 revive here, but a solo is absolutely possible with some slow playing.

Weapon X is fairly easy, he has no annoying nodes so it's basically just a very beefy weapon X. Use apoc to get the rest of your charges, play around the unblockable and you should be fine. Solo.

Thing wasn't too bad, he basically just has oscillate along with shifting immunity. Mind the rock stacks and you will be fine. Solo with herc but apoc should also work great here.

And then we have korg... Oh boy.

This guy is, in my opinion, the hardest fight in the gauntlet by a country mile. Use professor X here and make sure you activate a white mags prefight here so that you can consistently parry him at the start to build charges, however once he gets around 10 of the orange charges the parry damage starts getting nuts so you'll have to start intercepting after that. Use your falter if you have to and make sure you land a heavy to reset flux dispersal before you start special spamming. An incredibly infuriating fight, solo is technically possible but is unrealistic. 3 revives.

Dragon man is also annoying but is a lot more bearable than korg. Professor X can solo this fight, but I used doom for his tankiness and power control. If DM has a power charge and he throws a sp1, block the third and fourth hits to remove it and get some healing via willpower and the ineptitude. Try to minimize your parries in order to reduce the amount of block damage you take as it gets crazy later on due to aspect of evolution. Very long (and very terrifying) solo with doom.

BPCW isn't too bad once you get into it. Use apoc and race to a sp2 to apply the concussion, as armored assault and footloose can be affected by ability accuracy reduction. From there, go straight for the sp3 to make it permanent and double its potency. Use heavy attacks whenever the opportunity presents itself in order to refresh the debuffs. Once the permanent concussion is on, spam sp1 while playing around the nodes if they do trigger. A bit tough to ramp up but once the concussion is on the fight is actually quite easy. Solo with apoc.

Nightcrawler is easy. He just evades a lot so use professor X to shut him down. Messed up once so I used 1 revive here.

Spider gwen is a bit tricky. Use professor X and do not parry at all. Use the falter to build charges and try to intercept if you can so you can keep your prowess up. 1 revive, solo is absolutely possible.

Domino was annoying but it isn't too terrible due to power shield. Used herc but he died due to critical failure so I finished this with professor X. Solo could be possible if you fully heal.

Mojo is also annoying. He completes a prompt every 20 seconds so watch out for the anti life field and the degen. Make sure you heal up as well as he can roadblock you if you die too much. Solo with apoc.

Ibom was easy. Used herc and a similar strategy to terrax except that I just pushed him to sp3 once the immortality triggered. 3 revives, could've maybe slashed it down to 2 if I had healed up.

Apoc was fairly easy. Heal up your champs so you can eat more special damage and watch out for his stun through block as he starts with 4 charges. Solo with herc.

Sasquatch was very long but very easy. Use apoc, get all 4 permanent debuffs, then spam sp1 for damage. Make sure you have max despair mastery as well so you can counter his healing. Solo.

Killmonger was easy. Use apoc and heal up to deal with the reverberation. Block hits to get the bleed immunity, then use heavy attacks to gain power via the bleeds. Get all 4 permanent debuffs and spam sp1. Solo.

Void was also easy. Use herc, go immortal crazy mode, die, revive, repeat. 2 revives, could've made it 1 if I healed up.

Fury was also easy. Very standard professor X fight up until the decoy dies. Watch the stun immunity and the tactical charges and you will be good to go. Solo.

And finally, Nameless Thanos. Nothing to really note here, just play around his abilities and you'll be fine. Died twice using apoc and prof X so herc had to finish the job here.

And that's it! Overall, the run went better than expected, and I would not change a thing about this team at all. Very happy with the run.

The Rewards:
Pulled a 6* Archangel from my nexus. Awakened him with a generic gem and plan to R3 him immediately.
Duped BWDO, OG hulk and iron patriot from my basic 6 stars. Could've been better.
Pulled a cosmic 1-2 gem, planning to put it into hyperion soon.

Final thoughts:
1. Although this run was fairly cheap in terms of revives and units, I spent a TRUCKLOAD of potions during this run (about 80 level 3 and 4 potions combined?) Make sure you have a good stash of potions and free crystals before you commit to the run.
2. Make sure you also have a good unit stash (don't be like me and have 161 lol). There's a lot that can go wrong with this run, so be prepared for anything.
3. Don't be afraid to boost up on these fights. Some of them are incredibly long or require good amounts of burst to get through them, so any increase will help.

Cheers, hope this helped!

Comments

• Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 637 ★★★
    You had a R4 apoc and used prof x on korg? Easy solo with apoc. I think you planned this so well that up you started overthinking some fights. Mainly korg , domino and apoc. Korg and domino easy apoc solo. And apoc easy doom solo, same strategy as vision. Good job overall. Not many people would go in with that stash, lol
  • Options
    valgeradvalgerad Posts: 17
    Thank you for sharing. I'm farming potion. 20L1,15L2.. 0 HPotion. Do you recommen running suicide mastery? By thr way..how does the key work,Thts it means I can have 3 time the reward?
  • Options
    wdodoowdodoo Posts: 8
    Is the gauntlet only for thronebreakers and above?
  • Options

You had a R4 apoc and used prof x on korg? Easy solo with apoc. I think you planned this so well that up you started overthinking some fights. Mainly korg , domino and apoc. Korg and domino easy apoc solo. And apoc easy doom solo, same strategy as vision. Good job overall. Not many people would go in with that stash, lol

Yeah the domino fight I definitely wasn't thinking. However I heard one of my ally mates had a rough time on korg with apoc so I just used prof x.
  • Options
    valgerad said:

Thank you for sharing. I'm farming potion. 20L1,15L2.. 0 HPotion. Do you recommen running suicide mastery? By thr way..how does the key work,Thts it means I can have 3 time the reward?

If you have professor X and plan to use him do not run suicides. He is horrible with them.

The keys are basically an indication of how many more times you can claim gauntlet rewards. So if you never ran it before you should have 3 keys