**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Will New Updates Always Come With Janky Game Controls?

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,543 ★★★★★
edited January 2023 in Bugs and Known Issues
Title sums it up. Simple things like input drops, parry timing, lag, frame rate stuttering all seem to shift into high gear right after a new update.

Why is this? Is it the coding? Is it the servers? Is it the same underlying game issues exacerbated by more people playing?

Like clockwork…ninth year and lots of revenue make little difference. Still the same for me.

Dr. Zola
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    I have experienced the same issues with the same timing. It seems like it got worse with the update download but when the new content activated it became even more of an issue.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,212 ★★★★★
    Commenting after only reading the title.
    Pretty much always forever.
  • Agent_7Agent_7 Posts: 182 ★★
    Haha. Every time. Not sure about everyone else, but I’m seeing new ones, too. Screen Jitter when entering fight (lasts maybe 2-3 seconds) and champs remaining stationary when dashed back and idle (do not auto-dash forward).
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,543 ★★★★★
    edited January 2023
    Surprised this thread hasn’t already been demoted to the Bugs section, along with a suggestion to report all bugs using the forms provided there.

For anyone who has a reasoned opinion, what causes this? Seriously—not just a jab at the team, but why does this occur after each update? Is it just an instance of hamster fatigue from powering the servers or something more technical?

Dr. Zola
  • This is very weird to me, because there is no reason that a new Build would come with Input Issues that go away over time unless there is something that addresses them directly that is released. Controls are not server related, but are client based, and shouldn't just appear and go away, nor would they be more prevalent in one game mode than another.

But, like you just mentioned above, you need to be sure that you're reporting these as bugs with more information. We've looked into your device specifically before, and are still not sure what causes this for you specifically, while most others with a similar device are not reporting the same issue.
This discussion has been closed.