Options

Relics: Awesome Addition Or Overhyped Garbage?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Had they done them well before 7* champs and put the required time into it then they could have been cool. They clearly didn't put much effort into them which is why they're garbage.
  • Options
    AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★
    1) They are kind of complicated and the interface makes it more complicated. Since they can’t be used everywhere, I haven’t cared enough to learn it.

2) I hate that relic rewards are replacing potential rewards I care about.

3) They don’t really make sense contextually. It’s like Kabam knew they wanted relics for more revenue and more depth. That’s fine. And then they developed strikers. So they just combined the two. But why? Why not make them separate? Add nodes in certain quests/content that allow you activate a striker if the criteria is met. Or, make strikers a one time boost like item that you can earn from special crystals. A number of other options. But the point is, relics can become what we all thought they would be. Items we acquire that provide a passive benefit to a champion.
  • Options
    DRTODRTO Posts: 1,624 ★★★★★
    Yeah I mean they're alright, it's fun to use strikers and the antman one adds extra debuffs which makes void better, but definitely did overhyped cause wasn't the whole purpose to increase the usefulness of lower tiered champs? I don't think relics meet that goal as seems like 7*s will take much more priority over higher starred relics.

Also ramp up time for relics is too much, takes like 30+ hits to finally get it so you can use it maybe once on most fights.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Also, having a unit cost to unbind just makes me no want to deal with them at all.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    False dichotomy...
  • Options
    Wolviman1Wolviman1 Posts: 78
    Garbage
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,645 ★★★★
    Yeah. This is exactly my point guys. Kabam pivoted toward relics too much, overhyped them, and now they’re a big letdown. Let’s hope that kabam doesn’t continue to screw relics up the way they screwed 7* frames
  • Options
    Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    We wont know until 5* and 6* relics are ranked to appropriate levels. And are more easily aquirable.
  • Options
    MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    Bottom line they aren’t worth having to worry about new resources. They are also overly complicated in terms of slots. Then add the striker element and it’s too much. They should’ve added non striker relics and made them much more straightforward. You get it, equip it and maybe there is a single resource rank up option and an awakened ability. Creating a mini economy around them similar to champions ( star, sig, ember and alloy) is just too much when we already worry about iso, catalysts and gold for 1-7* heroes each of whom has an awakened ability. Too much.
  • Options
    TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    They are unnecessary
  • Options

Personal Opinion: Relics aren't worth investing in. They were overhyped, and the uselessness of something Kabam proclaimed as "The biggest change we made to the game since its launch" is absolutely ridiculous. Sure, they offer buffs and other such things, but Masteries are a much more worthwhile investment, and a better alternative. In my opinion, Relics don't bring much to the game at all, which is pretty much a general consensus among MCOC players. However, relics are an absolute headache for high level players, as it is necessary to rank them up in order to maintain prestige. Kabam needs to rethink the concept of relics, or improve the upgrades relics give.

Pretty much completely ignore them and 100% agree reshape/extend the masteries would have been much better evolution than relics. I honestly believe 95% of players pretty much ignore them.
  • Options

Personal Opinion: Relics aren't worth investing in. They were overhyped, and the uselessness of something Kabam proclaimed as "The biggest change we made to the game since its launch" is absolutely ridiculous. Sure, they offer buffs and other such things, but Masteries are a much more worthwhile investment, and a better alternative. In my opinion, Relics don't bring much to the game at all, which is pretty much a general consensus among MCOC players. However, relics are an absolute headache for high level players, as it is necessary to rank them up in order to maintain prestige. Kabam needs to rethink the concept of relics, or improve the upgrades relics give.

Pretty much completely ignore them and 100% agree reshape/extend the masteries would have been much better evolution than relics. I honestly believe 95% of players pretty much ignore them.
    Dude, this thread is over 7 months old now. Stop reviving old threads.
  • Options
    UnOriginalUnOriginal Posts: 727 ★★★
    Neither but they have potencial i,ve been pretty ok with relics but It is'nt Game changing yet i dont get the people Who want to delete them
  • Options
    Josh2507Josh2507 Posts: 562 ★★★★
    I like having a striker for the combo extension, thats about it though...
  • Options
    ZekirZekir Posts: 155 ★★
    I like the strikers extending combos, and the stun at the end ignoring nodes like Stun Immunity, but I don't like how often they whiff hits. I can be standing right next to someone, drop a Wolvie, or Juggs, or Thor relic, and they just miss. No reason either. Just... swish into block.

Wish the passives would add a bit more benefit. They feel underwhelming for 6*s and 7*s.

Only relic I have seen do an active job with any character is Black Widow relic with Black Cat SP2 Sabo.
  • Options
    KeonexKeonex Posts: 300 ★★★
    I love relics, not sure why people hate on them.

It makes zero sense to complain about a feature that helps players.

Relics allow you yo extend your combo making for some great gameplay among other things.

• Options
    Keonex said:

I love relics, not sure why people hate on them.

It makes zero sense to complain about a feature that helps players.

Relics allow you yo extend your combo making for some great gameplay among other things.

Agreed. Relics are very, very good. Helps some champs immensely.
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,062 ★★★★
    I *STILL* don't know how/why to properly rank them up. Like I'm over here collecting alloys and like "okay now they're gonna just sit here". Presumably I'm going to have leftover mind filaments so I'll probably be buying some and I should truly figure out who to invest in.
  • Options
    Listen alright, this thread was made over 7 months ago, when relics were first added. I barely started using them, and I didn't realise the true extent of their capabilities. Now, after playing around with them a lot more, I believe they're quite interesting additions to the game, and are fascinating parts of the gameplay, improving the overall MCOC experience. This is a major change for combat as we know it, as well as adding a whole new category of rank up items. I can now confidently say I enjoy using relics, and they can be incredibly useful in certain situations.
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    I like the relics for the simple that am able to extend my combo and go for the kill. Also the main question would be

HOW COME relics have not been enabled in Alliance War yet???
  • Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
    The extra time to charge heavy for BrutalDLX challenge was handy.