**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Absorbing Man counters

PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
I didn't struggle much with Baron Zemo I found him a lot easier to fight. Absorbing man on the other hand gave me one hell of a beating. I attempted thrice and lost can someone suggest good counters apart from Torch?

Comments

• GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    Anti Venom. Let him throw SP2s only and it’s not that bad
  • Viking_St3v3Viking_St3v3 Posts: 147 ★★
    Void should work as well.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    If you can heavy counter his specials you can stop him from changing form and it makes him much easier to fight. Void can melt him once he starts reversing the regen.
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Void and also Torch with pre fight get it done.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    Ibom and Scorpion. He's aggressive and easy to intercept
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    I used AA. Push him to sp2 and start melting him
  • Giantslayer88Giantslayer88 Posts: 50
    Can his healing be reversed? Wondering if Cap IW with a tech at max sigs is an option. I’ve got one but didn’t take him in cause I read the mystic nodes.
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,248 ★★★★
    edited January 2023
    Will Spider-ham porker popper work on Absorbing man.. Human Torch Nova flame and power sting can damage him right? So power sting should work right
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★

Can his healing be reversed? Wondering if Cap IW with a tech at max sigs is an option. I’ve got one but didn’t take him in cause I read the mystic nodes.

I haven't tried, but I imagine with CAIW, you'll be taking block damage?
  • AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 388 ★★★
    Doom & Tigra worked well for me.
  • Ibom or KG with ibom synergy
  • CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,077 ★★★★
    Anyone can work as long as you don't use champions that apply effects he's immune to. When you heavy counter him as he's recovering from sp1/sp2, it removes the regen.

I got solos with Scorpion (Venom synergy), Doom, QS and Mr Negative
  • CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 775 ★★★
    HT and Ibom my bro
  • Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 694 ★★★
    Void ruins him.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,070 ★★★
    Quicksilver
  • Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 989 ★★★★
    Ghost, shang chi, spidey 2099,
    Basically any champ can deal with him just don’t use and armor break champs and don’t parry(applies armor break) when he is close to sp2 ; keep him to sp1
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Thank you guys for your help.
  • Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 989 ★★★★
    GOTG said:

Hey guys anyone knows why Kabam places protection node on all defenders without anyway to remove it? I spend close to 5 minutes for each fights it's ridiculous.

The higher the defender’s power the more the protection upto 50%; keep the defender to low power and there will be no reduction of damage from protection
  • Medi0critus_Medi0critus_ Posts: 20
    Agree with those who suggested Void. Diablo did well for me, as did a few others, but I found myself getting wrecked by mistimed SP1 dexing. Once I cottoned on to keeping him to SP2 whilst using Void, I found the fight much much easier. Had a 5* and 6* Void on my team but on the last five runs I just solo’d with the 5* without losing more than 10-20% health from block damage
  • Giantslayer88Giantslayer88 Posts: 50

I haven't tried, but I imagine with CAIW, you'll be taking block damage?
    Yes to block damage but his block proficiency makes him a viable option still. Just tried with him and a skill on my team so he can purify incinerate. Worked great!

• KenlinzKenlinz Posts: 20
    Void is best counter when abs man is on a regen node. Due to void reverses all healing in due time. Of course u need him awakened if abs man is on the 1% and regen node in war and obviously the higher sig lvl the better for void. But it is possible to take abs man vith an unawakened void i do it all the time. But can a r3 unawakened anti venom take him out in war on that same 1% capped damage and regen node? Any help is appreciated. Thanks
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,223 ★★★★
    I'm assuming people know this now since the thread was from January, I don't want to sound douchey with that comment but so many threads lately being bumped from half a year ago.