**KNOWN SPRING OF SORROW ISSUE**
We noticed a number of the Spring of Sorrow objectives aren't working properly, we are investigating and currently working on a potential solution.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Summoner choice 23 is the Final 4 Questionable can we see the No of Votes Kabam ??

So we now know who the final 4 is & for me it’s no surprise Gladiator & Bullseye made it , these were my final 2 from the start but along with all my alliance we all voted for either Gladiator or Deathlok & I was hearing a lot from the community about Deathlok votes , absolutely nothing on SpiderPunk how he made it is beyond me & White Tiger only a few mentions from certain YouTubers so I really can’t see how Deathlok missed out real shame not to even make the final cut so my question to Kabam is can you post the numbers of votes so ppl like me can understand the results I would appreciate it

Comments

  • Options
    AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★
    They won’t.

    I don’t believe the voting is fair. Either it’s rigged and Kabam is pushing the champ they want anyways, or the majority of players don’t care and just tap something and move on (the first few they see). 3 of the first 4 champs in the selection window made it through and 3 of the last 4 champs in the selection window were eliminated.

    I compiled all the comments from posts here, on Reddit, in discord, and YouTube comment sections on videos about summoner choice. Deathlok was leading by a 1.5:1 margin over the second place Bullseye. That is massive eyebrow raising shift in results from the sample.

    The last summoner’s choice was essentially rigged too by loaded choice. They put Agatha with a bunch of unknowns. They put Quicksilver with unknowns. It is a bit interesting that Beta Ray Bill knocked out Bullseye. But between Agatha vs QS; that is completely obvious who wins. This would be like putting a bunch of lesser known champs in a lineup with Mystique. We all know Mystique wins.

    Looking at 2021, there was a Reddit poll with over 520 votes. Omega Sentinel was leading 360 to 160 over Hercules. There were a lot of grumbling as about a rigged vote then too.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,162 ★★★★★
    What bothers me the most is they know the champs we wanna see regardless in game but they leave it up to a vote. Just add them in anyways.
  • Options
    AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★

    The members of your alliance plus every single person who posts on this forum ever are a statistically insignificant number compared to the overall player base, so you should not extrapolate from those numbers. Same for the Reddit poll mentioned above. That's not even 10 alliances worth of votes. Proves nothing.

    So Kabam has told us who the top four were. What would the specific numbers change about that? If you truly believe Kabam is rigging the vote, then why would you expect them to present evidence to prove that?

    Bigger question is this: why would Kabam want to rig this? Why would they care who we chose? They already decide what the choices are, and if there were champs they didn't want us to pick, then they would more easily just not include them in the vote.

    I voted for Deathlok, BTW. My alliance mates were mostly talking about voting Bullseye as I recall.

    Multiple samples rejected the mean. Sure, it’s possible. But there’s enough there to where if we had all the data; additional testing would be required.

    That’s why I floated the idea that it may just be that people tend to not take the time to look at all the selections and picked some in the first 4 visible in the selection window without bothering to scroll right.

    As for how this benefits Kabam. We know they already have a backlog of potential champions. Some that they have done a lot of work on to flesh out the details. Some are further along than others. If you led a team of content designers; wouldn’t you prefer the community “chooses” a champion that requires the least amount of time to complete? Or, if you had a roadmap of content and knew you wanted to add another class/type of champion for future content, you might pick a popular character and pair them with lesser known characters to give the illusion of community control knowing the vote will go a certain way. And even if it doesn’t; no one will know the real results anyway.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,393 ★★★★★
    They allow people to have a say, and personally I like the Voting Event. It means they create the Champ that WE choose. Whether our choice wins or not, that's still a fun process.
  • Options
    Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 432 ★★★
    Adevati said:

    Looking at 2021, there was a Reddit poll with over 520 votes. Omega Sentinel was leading 360 to 160 over Hercules. There were a lot of grumbling as about a rigged vote then too.

    There are hundreds of thousands of players. 500 votes is not representative of the entire playerbase, nor is the entire forum population
  • Options
    AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★

    Adevati said:

    They won’t.

    I don’t believe the voting is fair. Either it’s rigged and Kabam is pushing the champ they want anyways, or the majority of players don’t care and just tap something and move on (the first few they see). 3 of the first 4 champs in the selection window made it through and 3 of the last 4 champs in the selection window were eliminated.

    I compiled all the comments from posts here, on Reddit, in discord, and YouTube comment sections on videos about summoner choice. Deathlok was leading by a 1.5:1 margin over the second place Bullseye. That is massive eyebrow raising shift in results from the sample.

    The last summoner’s choice was essentially rigged too by loaded choice. They put Agatha with a bunch of unknowns. They put Quicksilver with unknowns. It is a bit interesting that Beta Ray Bill knocked out Bullseye. But between Agatha vs QS; that is completely obvious who wins. This would be like putting a bunch of lesser known champs in a lineup with Mystique. We all know Mystique wins.

    Looking at 2021, there was a Reddit poll with over 520 votes. Omega Sentinel was leading 360 to 160 over Hercules. There were a lot of grumbling as about a rigged vote then too.


    "520 votes"
    We both know there are no where near 100M active users. See below for additional information.
    Ackbar67 said:

    Adevati said:

    Looking at 2021, there was a Reddit poll with over 520 votes. Omega Sentinel was leading 360 to 160 over Hercules. There were a lot of grumbling as about a rigged vote then too.

    There are hundreds of thousands of players. 500 votes is not representative of the entire playerbase, nor is the entire forum population
    At 95% confidence level, with a 5% margin of error for any population greater than 250,000 you only need a sample size of 384.

    At 99% confidence level with a 5% margin, for any population greater than 500,000 you only need 664 samples.

    Also, I’ll repeat since everyone here is hypersensitive to anything math related, if the manner in which the options are presented is unfair, the voting is unfair. Even if the numbers are legitimate, by manipulating the choices or having a poor interface the voting can still be unfair.
  • Options
    Adevati said:


    At 95% confidence level, with a 5% margin of error for any population greater than 250,000 you only need a sample size of 384.

    At 99% confidence level with a 5% margin, for any population greater than 500,000 you only need 664 samples.

    Yes, but that's if your sample is chosen at random. Only taking reddit users or forum users pretty much excludes the entire non-English speaking community.
    Agree on the point that the vote can be rigged without changing numbers.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Adevati said:

    Adevati said:

    They won’t.

    I don’t believe the voting is fair. Either it’s rigged and Kabam is pushing the champ they want anyways, or the majority of players don’t care and just tap something and move on (the first few they see). 3 of the first 4 champs in the selection window made it through and 3 of the last 4 champs in the selection window were eliminated.

    I compiled all the comments from posts here, on Reddit, in discord, and YouTube comment sections on videos about summoner choice. Deathlok was leading by a 1.5:1 margin over the second place Bullseye. That is massive eyebrow raising shift in results from the sample.

    The last summoner’s choice was essentially rigged too by loaded choice. They put Agatha with a bunch of unknowns. They put Quicksilver with unknowns. It is a bit interesting that Beta Ray Bill knocked out Bullseye. But between Agatha vs QS; that is completely obvious who wins. This would be like putting a bunch of lesser known champs in a lineup with Mystique. We all know Mystique wins.

    Looking at 2021, there was a Reddit poll with over 520 votes. Omega Sentinel was leading 360 to 160 over Hercules. There were a lot of grumbling as about a rigged vote then too.


    "520 votes"
    We both know there are no where near 100M active users. See below for additional information.
    Ackbar67 said:

    Adevati said:

    Looking at 2021, there was a Reddit poll with over 520 votes. Omega Sentinel was leading 360 to 160 over Hercules. There were a lot of grumbling as about a rigged vote then too.

    There are hundreds of thousands of players. 500 votes is not representative of the entire playerbase, nor is the entire forum population
    At 95% confidence level, with a 5% margin of error for any population greater than 250,000 you only need a sample size of 384.

    At 99% confidence level with a 5% margin, for any population greater than 500,000 you only need 664 samples.

    Also, I’ll repeat since everyone here is hypersensitive to anything math related, if the manner in which the options are presented is unfair, the voting is unfair. Even if the numbers are legitimate, by manipulating the choices or having a poor interface the voting can still be unfair.
    If your entire sample space is from the same place it is representative of if that area. Not the general population
  • Options
    KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★
    #justiceformarrow
Sign In or Register to comment.