**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Dead Buttons

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
edited January 2023 in Bugs and Known Issues

I’ve begun noticing input failures on some of the basic game buttons—in the above example, simply trying to navigate to different game screens with the top left button. I’ve flipped my phone around to determine whether it’s a dead zone on my device (it isn’t).

It isn’t the first time this has happened recently, and I hoped updating iOS might solve the issue. I’ve also tried other apps to see whether there are similar issues (there aren’t).

I’m increasingly concerned with the ability of the game engine to recognize *basic* inputs from players. I don’t run an old phone (13 Pro Max), my phone hasn’t been damaged, and I’m not running any esoteric background apps or software.

Maybe I’m the only one experiencing this, or maybe I’m among the first. But seeing the emergence of input issues beyond things like blocking, heavying and basic game mechanics makes me think there’s a larger issue.

Other buttons work. For example:

In order to navigate out of the depicted screen, I have to hit the three bar Menu tab.

Just me? Anyone else have non game movement dead input issues?

Dr. Zola

Comments

• Options
    Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    Is it all left side inputs?
    I have been having a lot of problems with that.
    Blocks failing.
    When I can block, then try to do a quick Medium with left thumb, champ just stands there.
    Dex's fail a lot.

I've started only doing attack on right side of screen and attack works.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★
    Specifically that top left arrow, yes. I’ve had to navigate around it by using the menus to go to a whole different screen and then back to the screen I was trying to get to originally.

It’s particularly a pain when it happens in the pre-fight screen and the game does the equivalent of shouting “there’s no running from a trainer battle!” at me by not letting me back out.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Yes. Ive had to pres the same button multiple times. Also there's this small loading that occurs in the home screen for whatever reason that cam with last update
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike any chance you could have the team acknowledge and look at this?

Thanks.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    MofuggerMofugger Posts: 75
    I've had heaps of trouble with the bottom buttons on both sides of the screen (mail and events) not registering 4 or 5 presses at a time before finally responding. It doesn't seem to be the case that it registered and is just responding slowly.

Until seeing this thread I assumed it was an issue with the Pixel device because sometimes they try to be clever about overlaying game controls or treating the edge of the device differently.
  • Options
    Is the SETTINGS button (same location, from main game screen) also not working for those people ?

Wondering if it is specific to BACK, or if it is the LOCATION on screen (and if so, is it any spot along the whole side of screen, or just corner) ?

I had a previous phone whose bottom 3 on-screen buttons would not be recognized if I had the power cable plugged in.
    But when I unplugged it, those 3 main device buttons would work fine (the Back, Home, and Open Apps buttons)
  • Options
    I don’t want to make too much out of it, but I wonder whether the cause of this particular issue could be related to input drops in general? Not assuming it is, but if the team wants to take a look it seems worth it to figure out what’s going on.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Screen navigation buttons still dead this morning. Checked Trello to find nothing added, but did get a chuckle out of this error “update.”

Would be nice to get some acknowledgement when errors occur.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Happens also when u click on someones profile and press the ( GO TO ALLIANCE)
    It doesnt register at first and takes u to main sreen.