**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

BG Selection Hangup

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
edited January 2023 in General Discussion
Experienced a “new to me” BG bug: while waiting for the opponent to place a defender, I watched his timer count down to zero, then stay there flashing for about 10 seconds without any defender showing for him.

Then the screen showed his defender placed and mine auto-placed. As MCoC luck would have it, of course my auto-selected defender wasn’t one of the defenders I selected but instead my primary attacker.

This unique to me? Or has anyone else experienced it? There’s no recourse—sure file a ticket, get a bland but polite auto-response that goes nowhere. But it’s still frustrating to set up a match well only to have the game bungle it for you.

Dr. Zola

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Sounds like you suffered from a connection error and your opponent did not. They didn’t actually time out, your game was just not loading properly.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,303 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Jaded said:

Sounds like you suffered from a connection error and your opponent did not. They didn’t actually time out, your game was just not loading properly.

That’s my guess too. But one can only play the game that shows up onscreen.

Dr. Zola
    Game autopicked my attacker for me. Fury against man thing with power shield on🤦‍♂️ only 1 way that fight could go.
  • Options
    L0TUS_MANTISL0TUS_MANTIS Posts: 220 ★★
    Interesting this happened to me yesterday except it was when choosing attackers. Opponents timer ran out, screen stayed the same for like 10 secs then boom next thing i know im fighting sasquatch with magneto with my torch on the bench 😆
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,929 ★★★★★
    Has happened to me a handful of times this week
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    edited January 2023
    DrZola said:

Jaded said:

That’s my guess too. But one can only play the game that shows up onscreen.

Dr. Zola
    Of course, I should have added in my first comment that yes I’ve had that happen a few times. Highly annoying because it appears everything is working properly then bang you’re hit with a poor matchup then ruined your entire plan.
  • Options
    ThomildoThomildo Posts: 446 ★★★
    DrZola said:

Experienced a “new to me” BG bug: while waiting for the opponent to place a defender, I watched his timer count down to zero, then stay there flashing for about 10 seconds without any defender showing for him.

Then the screen showed his defender placed and mine auto-placed. As MCoC luck would have it, of course my auto-selected defender wasn’t one of the defenders I selected but instead my primary attacker.

This unique to me? Or has anyone else experienced it? There’s no recourse—sure file a ticket, get a bland but polite auto-response that goes nowhere. But it’s still frustrating to set up a match well only to have the game bungle it for you.

Dr. Zola

I’ve had that happen a couple of times. Frustrating is the correct term i believe..
  • Options
    CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    I haven’t played this season so not sure how common it is, but I had this happen to me a few times last season.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,217 ★★★★★

A guy I know got hit with it too.
  • Options
    Some reassurance in seeing it isn’t just me. I’m guessing this will get shunted to Bugs and quickly forgotten about—but it likely is a connection issue somewhere the team wouldn’t be able to do much about anyway.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Additional instance: timer appeared to be running down normally as I went to select my first round pick.

Instead, I’m greeted by two selections from my opponent (his 1st round) and I’ve already (automatically) selected Falcon. Fine selection, but not one I affirmatively made.

Come on, game.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Dsc0721Dsc0721 Posts: 83
    I have experienced this and other similar bugs before and it’s always during a longer play session, if I periodically force close the game every 3-4 matches I don’t seem to experience these bugs nearly as often.