**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Toad appreciation post

Pulled a 6 star on my alt account so had not used him before. His regen is awesome. Great for sustainable path clearing. Builds prowess and hits hard pretty quickly on top of the poisons. The real reason for this post tho is I was going for cavalier 6.1 completion. Ramped up aegon for 6.1.5 crossbones boss but thought I’d go in with Toad just to get my feet wet with the fight. He absolutely destroyed crossbones! Easy solo with a 6 star R1 unawakened. Blew me away. Hope I pull him on my main account soon

Comments

• Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    How much does his awakened ability help? Is he worth a mutant gem?
  • Options
    Mknight123Mknight123 Posts: 276 ★★★
    I have a R5 5* awkd toad and he never fails me in bg defence, also when i use him in content or arena he is just an overall great champ and i love playing him and if I got a 6* toad i would be delighted also I always use him against kingpin usually hate KP as a defender but feel fine against him when using good ol toad.
  • Options

How much does his awakened ability help? Is he worth a mutant gem?

His dupe has a big affect on his damage with those passive prowesses. Can you use him for things without it, sure. But if you’re going to be investing in ranking him up a bunch, I wouldn’t do it unawakened. I left mine at r2 until he was shiny. Whether or not that’s worth a gem to you though is more subjective based on your account/needs.
  • Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    JockJonny said:

Pulled a 6 star on my alt account so had not used him before. His regen is awesome. Great for sustainable path clearing. Builds prowess and hits hard pretty quickly on top of the poisons. The real reason for this post tho is I was going for cavalier 6.1 completion. Ramped up aegon for 6.1.5 crossbones boss but thought I’d go in with Toad just to get my feet wet with the fight. He absolutely destroyed crossbones! Easy solo with a 6 star R1 unawakened. Blew me away. Hope I pull him on my main account soon

I also tried toad the first time on crossbones when i was exploring act 6 and yea he melted crossbones at r1. Only downside i found he has is he needs his awakening or else his ramp up becomes really lenghty also it underwhelming because you cannot go above 6 prowess( if I’m not wrong). But overall fun icky sticky champ😂
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 815 ★★★
    I've been trying to rank champs you don't see people use (mainly because they seem to do well in BG the more unfamiliar people are with them) and toad is probably one of my favorite rank ups I've done so far....he's just different to play and has a bunch of fun playstyles