**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is BG matchmaking encouraging you to avoid increasing prestige?

Comments

• Options
    AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Yes, am now avoiding ranking up or using sig on on prestige champs
    Mackey said:

What are parameters for this prestige matchmaking, do we know?

Only because I'm at approx 15.8k prestige but I have faced guys with 12k prestige quite a few times ๐Ÿค”

It looks like it mostly tries to match your prestige, but will stretch out 10-15% higher or lower to find quicker matches. Beyond that, it wonโ€™t match.

Evidence for this is that I have a few weak UC accounts (just cleared up to UC with the free Hercโ€”so very low prestige) and I can never get them to match anyone. It just times out. Canโ€™t even complete the 3 matches objective.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,551 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Mackey said:

What are parameters for this prestige matchmaking, do we know?

Only because I'm at approx 15.8k prestige but I have faced guys with 12k prestige quite a few times ๐Ÿค”

In what bracket? That will happen on GC and maybe occasionally in higher brackets like plat or diamond if not enough lower prestige on and in the bracket of the lower prestige player.
    Can't say I've noted the bracket but I know it was in victory track. Whenever I see a lower ranked roster (as in 5* etc) I always look at their profiles to see what level they are. I've even faced cavalier players ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    No, doing rankups and sig as normal
    I never ranked up for prestige. Rankups can be affected due to bgs but not for prestige reasons.
  • Options
    GarloGarlo Posts: 201 โ˜…โ˜…
    I always reach GC at Celestial VI - Mysterium I for all seasons, my prestige is 15.7K - 16.1K with relics. I have faced big whale accounts, sometimes I win, sometimes i lost. So, I'm going to rank up and sig as normal.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Imagine holding your own account back bc you're too scared to match people at your own level ๐Ÿ˜‚

I have to assume your at a lower progression level as you clearly have no clue how different it is between accounts at higher prestige. One person around 16k prestige may have a few high prestige not great r4 champs while another similar prestige may have 20+ r4 champs, top defenders and all new champs.

Similar prestige at high levels does NOT mean similar roster strength nor does it mean you want to face off against someone from master AW alliances every single match starting in bronze 3 while UC player are getting to GC going against noob accounts.

Tell me you've never seen his Account without telling me you've never seen his Account. LOL
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    I just checked i ain't in plat 1 like i thought i was, i'm actually in Diamond 3 and everybody i faced is 14-15k prestige, whereas my prestige is only 12.5k LOL. What is up with that Kabam??
  • Options

Imagine holding your own account back bc you're too scared to match people at your own level ๐Ÿ˜‚

I have to assume your at a lower progression level as you clearly have no clue how different it is between accounts at higher prestige. One person around 16k prestige may have a few high prestige not great r4 champs while another similar prestige may have 20+ r4 champs, top defenders and all new champs.

Similar prestige at high levels does NOT mean similar roster strength nor does it mean you want to face off against someone from master AW alliances every single match starting in bronze 3 while UC player are getting to GC going against noob accounts.

Tell me you've never seen his Account without telling me you've never seen his Account. LOL
    Sure haven't, don't make it a habit to look up random forum users accounts. However, if his account is that good, it proves the point that he's already at the high end of the prestige list so isn't really effected the way a lower Paragon is who is getting matched up with him.
    Wait, so it's unfair for a lower Paragon to face a higher Paragon, but it's not unfair for someone earlier on to face a Paragon?
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    No, I want to fight 16.5k prestige account every match and am purposely trying to max prestige

you want to handicap your account for easier matchups? bruh....

Avoiding increasing prestige isn't handicapping account at all, unless you do competing AQ, which I don't. AQ is literally the only thing in the game that rewards high prestige.

Meanwhile BG seems to use prestige to just give nothing but harder matches and again, prestige doesn't reflect how strong a roster really is.

I am still doing rankups and using sig, I'm just not doing them on any champs that would replace my current top 5 prestige.
    So people to whom prestige matters would rank prestige and for others they won't. Isn't that how it works anyhow?
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,304 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Avoiding increasing prestige isn't handicapping account at all, unless you do competing AQ, which I don't. AQ is literally the only thing in the game that rewards high prestige.

Meanwhile BG seems to use prestige to just give nothing but harder matches and again, prestige doesn't reflect how strong a roster really is.

I am still doing rankups and using sig, I'm just not doing them on any champs that would replace my current top 5 prestige.
    So people to whom prestige matters would rank prestige and for others they won't. Isn't that how it works anyhow?
    Yes but the difference is that some people are consciously avoiding putting sigs into champs to avoid increasing prestige. For eg, I put 40 stones into r4 kitty to prevent her from overtaking my r3 sig 200 Angela. Same with r4 nimrod. I am deliberately not adding sigs to them.
  • Options

most of the newer good champs have higher prestige, and have importance in high sig. So yes, you are handicapping your account.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

most of the newer good champs have higher prestige, and have importance in high sig. So yes, you are handicapping your account.
    It really isn't much different from a Paragon hoarding shards for 3months for the next featured 6* crystal. A Cav to low TB can hoard for a month or two and then greatly upgrade their account. Especially now when there is nothing really that great for Paragon's anyway (like EOP or something like that).
  • Options

It really isn't much different from a Paragon hoarding shards for 3months for the next featured 6* crystal. A Cav to low TB can hoard for a month or two and then greatly upgrade their account. Especially now when there is nothing really that great for Paragon's anyway (like EOP or something like that).
    no its completely different. What you said makes no sense in this context.
    either that or you dont wanna be at the highest progression level and are doing everything to stay away from it.
  • Options

Sure haven't, don't make it a habit to look up random forum users accounts. However, if his account is that good, it proves the point that he's already at the high end of the prestige list so isn't really effected the way a lower Paragon is who is getting matched up with him.
    Wait, so it's unfair for a lower Paragon to face a higher Paragon, but it's not unfair for someone earlier on to face a Paragon?
    Why do you repeat the same nonsense from multiple threads to new threads? You already are aware of the reasoning as you been in numerous discussions on numerous threads. As usual, your just trying to argue for the sake of arguing.

As you already know, and for the 97th or so time, I firmly believe that titles or pi or prestige should have no role in matchmaking where everyone is going for same rewards. And before you say we aren't going for same rewards, YES, we are.

You get the exact amount of rewards as I do when you progress into victory track or GC (if you ever make it there). How you spend those rewards is a different topic. If you want a better store, try progressing some, but the store is NOT the rewards.
    We're not talking about the Rewards. We're talking about your statement about how it's a problem for early Paragons to match with those more advanced.
  • Options

either that or you dont wanna be at the highest progression level and are doing everything to stay away from it.
    What are you talking about? Have you read the topic of this thread?
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Why do you repeat the same nonsense from multiple threads to new threads? You already are aware of the reasoning as you been in numerous discussions on numerous threads. As usual, your just trying to argue for the sake of arguing.

As you already know, and for the 97th or so time, I firmly believe that titles or pi or prestige should have no role in matchmaking where everyone is going for same rewards. And before you say we aren't going for same rewards, YES, we are.

You get the exact amount of rewards as I do when you progress into victory track or GC (if you ever make it there). How you spend those rewards is a different topic. If you want a better store, try progressing some, but the store is NOT the rewards.
    We're not talking about the Rewards. We're talking about your statement about how it's a problem for early Paragons to match with those more advanced.
    Who is "we" because from what I see, as usual, it's just you. Your reading my statement literally without taking the dozens of previois replies on other threads I to consideration.

The statement was directly to a higher Paragon who doesn't understand why some would stop working on prestige. He's already at the top, stopping now for him is pointless.

However for a lower Paragon player, it could be the difference between the lower Paragon player fighting other lower Paragon players or players like him at the top.

For the I don't know how many times, I strongly believe everyone within a tier should be eligible to fight anyone else in that tier while going for same rewards. I don't care if it's a new Paragon against bero Man or a UC against a moderate Paragon.

My problem is that people keep acting as if all Paragon accounts are fairly similar, which they aren't, unlike UC and Cav accounts which are generally far closer to each other in strength.

But again, you do as you always do, twist words around, Ignore previous conversation and take items out of content just for the sake of arguing just to argue. You know very well where I stand on this topic, if not, then you need a lot of reading lessons as you always reply to me on every thread.
  • Options

Who is "we" because from what I see, as usual, it's just you. Your reading my statement literally without taking the dozens of previois replies on other threads I to consideration.

The statement was directly to a higher Paragon who doesn't understand why some would stop working on prestige. He's already at the top, stopping now for him is pointless.

However for a lower Paragon player, it could be the difference between the lower Paragon player fighting other lower Paragon players or players like him at the top.

For the I don't know how many times, I strongly believe everyone within a tier should be eligible to fight anyone else in that tier while going for same rewards. I don't care if it's a new Paragon against bero Man or a UC against a moderate Paragon.

My problem is that people keep acting as if all Paragon accounts are fairly similar, which they aren't, unlike UC and Cav accounts which are generally far closer to each other in strength.

But again, you do as you always do, twist words around, Ignore previous conversation and take items out of content just for the sake of arguing just to argue. You know very well where I stand on this topic, if not, then you need a lot of reading lessons as you always reply to me on every thread.
    You made the assumption that the opposing opinion had no awareness of what it was like at the top. Even when they pointed out that it was absurd to stop Ranking because of Matches in your own range, you still insist on dodging the subject using Rewards as a default.
  • Options

I have, and my response is such. If yo uwanna be aparagon in name only, thats just pointless.
  • Options

I have, and my response is such. If yo uwanna be aparagon in name only, thats just pointless.
    Again, what are you talking about? What, exactly, is a "Paragon in name only"? How is hoarding shards for a new featured so much different from holding on ranking for a few months to rake in BG rewards?

You have to explain your argument.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,219 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    No, I want to fight 16.5k prestige account every match and am purposely trying to max prestige
    For my one account, I don't care.
    I'm good enough to handle my own.
    But i know a hell lotta people who ranked up for prestige and got stuck in gold tiers due to it.
    For context, My prestige is 16.7, ftp.
  • Options

For my one account, I don't care.
    I'm good enough to handle my own.
    But i know a hell lotta people who ranked up for prestige and got stuck in gold tiers due to it.
    For context, My prestige is 16.7, ftp.

I know a ton as well, which is the purpose of this poll and another thread on the subject. Im at the 16.3k prestige range (have avoided prestige moves for about a month now so would be higher if I didn't freeze it) and have a strong account and am in GC.

However, I can't help but find it ridiculously unfair when I come across multiple 5k to 8k prestige players who have been in GC for weeks when so many Paragon can't get out of Victory track so now get worse rewards than accounts that would never ever beat them if they had to go against them.

I actually did a vid a week ago to show how weak some of the accounts in GC are. If I was stuck in Victory track like many paragons ended the season, the I would.flip my lid watching that vid.
  • Options

Again, what are you talking about? What, exactly, is a "Paragon in name only"? How is hoarding shards for a new featured so much different from holding on ranking for a few months to rake in BG rewards?

Hoarding shards and hoarding rankup mats are totally different.
    one is in hope of getting new champs.
    one is intentional sabotage of ones account, in hopes of easier matchmaking in ONE GAME MODE.
    see the difference now?
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    I don't care enough about the game mode.
    As an observation thou, I've found time of day has a large impact on the variability of your opponents strength.
  • Options

Hoarding shards and hoarding rankup mats are totally different.
    one is in hope of getting new champs.
    one is intentional sabotage of ones account, in hopes of easier matchmaking in ONE GAME MODE.
    see the difference now?
    I have to disagree here. Although I don't intentionally hoard rankups materials, I have tons on hand and frequently have to use them before they expire at pretty much all levels. I don't have that many because I'm "hoarding" them, but because I get them quicker than iso/gold often, plus I will wait until I'm 100% sure I want to rank someone up.

Could I just use my rank up materials when I get them and just rank people.up to rank them up, sure, but that doesn't make sense. That's where I agree the shards point is relevant because your not going to open shards just to open them but if there's not point in opening them then why would you.

For example when account was weaker, I'd pop those crystals the second I had enough for a crystal. Nowadays, I have pretty much every basic champs as a six star minus maybe a handful, so it would be silly for me to just pop them. Sure I could do featured, but I've already got all the features champs that I wanted this round so I got about 300k shards waiting for the new featured.

I treat rankups materials and shards very similar, use em when I need them and how I need them and I see the similarities which is why I'm having to disagree with you here. Also, even though I'm avoiding prestige increases, I'm still using rankups materials and not haording them in any way different than I normally would. I'm just taking prestige into the equation in a way that I won't max sig max rank any champs that would increase my prestige.

If I really like a high prestige champs, then I would decide to rank them to r4 or r5 but not invest sig or take them to r3 and max sig them.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Iโ€™ve halted my Prestige at 15,3k since Prestige matchmaking kicked in.
    If Kabam wants us to play the game this way, let it be.
    Funny is they expect offers like this, to be still enticing:

Iโ€™m a casual spender (around 1k โ‚ฌ per year), I would buy this offer otherwise, why should I do it now?
    To have more difficult time in BGs?
    Pay to get my life harder instead of making it easier?
    No thanks.
    Just for the record my main ended this season for first time at P3 VT (all other seasons URU1 to Arcane3)
    My free to play 10k Prestige alt made it to GC and got more rewards than my main ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚