Gladiator has won the 2023 Summoners Choice! Who did y'all vote for?

2»

Comments

• 318Chubz318Chubz Member Posts: 121 ★★
    I can say I'm excited, since I wanted Bullseye, but after he got knocked I went all in for White Tiger.

The players wanted another sfupid, useless, cosmic ramp up champion tho.

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU WHO VOTED!!

— Chubz
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,479 Guardian
    White Tiger

Pugthugz said:

heirDEZ said:

Music to my ears..that hate voting won’t get you knowwhere except disappointment 🫶😘

Yes. Because adding to the most stacked class in the game is gonna help.
    That's not our job it's Kabam's. Gladiator has a waaay more interesting design than White Tiger, and he's also a thousand times more powerful than her. If you want to vote for a specific character just because of the class and not the character itself that's your problem, most of us don't want that clearly.
    Subjective on who had the more interesting design. I felt the opposite of your opinion, which is just how these things go. But you are 100% correct it’s not our job to balance class numbers and even overall class strength/power. That’s Kabam’s job, just like every other game company has to balance their own games.
    Okay yeah fair enough I guess the design part is subjective indeed. It's just odd that people are using the whole "balancing classes out" argument imo.
    I also find it odd that people are making it such a big deal. It's almost guaranteed we'll get White Tiger next year just like we got Omega Sentinel and Zemo, they were losers too and they're in the game now, I doubt they're planning on not following that same trend this year and the next one.
    Everyone won today but some people don't seem to realize this.
    jax literally said end of livestream its not guaranteed
    Of course they're gonna say that. What else did you expect them to say? "Hey guys so yeah Gladiator won but don't worry cause White Tiger is coming too so the whole voting thing was just a waste of time lol".

We'll get White Tiger next year, they know these are the most popular characters and they can't leave them out of the game, they never confirmed Omega Sentinel and Zemo were coming either and here they are. Just be patient.
    It doesn’t mean they’ll come next year or at all though. There’s always a night, never a guarantee
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Member Posts: 1,993 ★★★★
    White Tiger
    I wanted Gladiator but switched midway when I remembered how busted and broken the cosmic class is and how we've already had a cosmic summoners choice winner. but I mean iderc cuz its just a video game and white tiger will probably eventually come out.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,713 ★★★★★
    White Tiger
    I voted morbius.
    I voted Agatha and Kushala
    I see mystic I vote.... Simple life choices
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,938 ★★★★★
    White Tiger
    Great, another Herc. Good job.
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,695 ★★★★
    edited February 2023
    Gladiator
    I voted for Gladiator from day one so I'm glad he won. More Power to an already stacked Cosmic class, I'm ok with that. To all the White tiger voters who think this is rigged since their champion didn't win. Also I remember him from the X-Men cartoons so he got my vote.
  • L1zardW1zardL1zardW1zard Member Posts: 144 ★★★
    Gladiator

Pugthugz said:

heirDEZ said:

Music to my ears..that hate voting won’t get you knowwhere except disappointment 🫶😘

That's not our job it's Kabam's. Gladiator has a waaay more interesting design than White Tiger, and he's also a thousand times more powerful than her. If you want to vote for a specific character just because of the class and not the character itself that's your problem, most of us don't want that clearly.
    Subjective on who had the more interesting design. I felt the opposite of your opinion, which is just how these things go. But you are 100% correct it’s not our job to balance class numbers and even overall class strength/power. That’s Kabam’s job, just like every other game company has to balance their own games.
    Okay yeah fair enough I guess the design part is subjective indeed. It's just odd that people are using the whole "balancing classes out" argument imo.
    I also find it odd that people are making it such a big deal. It's almost guaranteed we'll get White Tiger next year just like we got Omega Sentinel and Zemo, they were losers too and they're in the game now, I doubt they're planning on not following that same trend this year and the next one.
    Of course they're gonna say that. What else did you expect them to say? "Hey guys so yeah Gladiator won but don't worry cause White Tiger is coming too so the whole voting thing was just a waste of time lol".

We'll get White Tiger next year, they know these are the most popular characters and they can't leave them out of the game, they never confirmed Omega Sentinel and Zemo were coming either and here they are. Just be patient.
    It doesn’t mean they’ll come next year or at all though. There’s always a night, never a guarantee
    Nah it is guaranteed, the last two summoner's choice weren't even as close as this one and the losers who were in the final still got added. There's absolutely no logical reason for them not to do it.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,353 Guardian
    edited February 2023

Pugthugz said:

heirDEZ said:

Nah it is guaranteed, the last two summoner's choice weren't even as close as this one and the losers who were in the final still got added. There's absolutely no logical reason for them not to do it.
    You are running off the assumption that kabam will continue running off of established patterns. This last year proves that they won't always stick to established patterns.

For example, for the past many years, the newest ftp way to get the next tier of rankup was exploring the newest act, r4 5* act 4, r5 5* act 5, r3 6* act 6, and r4 7* act 7. However, 8.2 isn't even out and we have a ftp way to get r5 6*s now. This is a break in an established pattern they had.

Also going along with champions in general, a r1 level 1 4* is slightly stronger than a max 2*. R1 l1 5* slightly stronger than max 3*. R1 l1 6* slightly stronger than maxed 4*. R1 l1 7*s however are slightly stronger than r3 6*s.

Those are 2 examples of times kabam has strayed from established patterns over the last few months. Who is to say that won't continue to stray from established pattern in the future.
  • ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Member Posts: 594 ★★★
    White Tiger

Unfortunately, the forums are not a good indicator of who the player base at large will vote for. In the first Summoner's Choice, Omega Sentinel was in the lead for days, and Hercules only squeaked by with less than 24 hours to go. That's the most engaged players voting at the very start, which I would argue includes most of you.

I knew I should have rigged this though... White Tiger was SOOOOO close.

When it's this close, let's say up to 1%, a forum poll wouldn't be such a bad idea since people here are probably more invested in the game.

Yes, this is a bit tongue in cheek.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,183 ★★★★★
    White Tiger
    Buttehrs said:

Great, an ugly alien rip-off of Superman from team of Legion of Superheroes rip-offs beat out a god-level martial artist Latina.

Hes actually from the guardians of the galaxy and the annihilators. If your gonna insult the guy, do the research first lol.
    Gladiator, aka Kallark (Kal-lark as in Kal-El/C-Lark Kent) is the leader of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard, all of whom, like Gladiator, were based on DC's Legion of Superheroes characters when they first appeared. Like Hyperion and the Squadron Supreme are homages to the Justice League of America. I know what I'm talking about. I knew who every one of the choices were this year.
    Gladiator
    Pikolu said:

Pugthugz said:

heirDEZ said:

You are running off the assumption that kabam will continue running off of established patterns. This last year proves that they won't always stick to established patterns.

For example, for the past many years, the newest ftp way to get the next tier of rankup was exploring the newest act, r4 5* act 4, r5 5* act 5, r3 6* act 6, and r4 7* act 7. However, 8.2 isn't even out and we have a ftp way to get r5 6*s now. This is a break in an established pattern they had.

Also going along with champions in general, a r1 level 1 4* is slightly stronger than a max 2*. R1 l1 5* slightly stronger than max 3*. R1 l1 6* slightly stronger than maxed 4*. R1 l1 7*s however are slightly stronger than r3 6*s.

Those are 2 examples of times kabam has strayed from established patterns over the last few months. Who is to say that won't continue to stray from established pattern in the future.
    Those are two different topics, so far they've stuck to the same pattern when it comes to summoner choice, and like I said there is no logical reason for them not to. Give me one logical reason for them to stop adding the second most voted character and I'll take back what I said.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Member Posts: 1,586 ★★★★★
    Gladiator
    Gladiator. I always vote for comic characters I like, that s why I got to this game anyway. Gladiator was my second best actually, I voted for Marrow in the first round. But, at least, I hope that Gladiator opens the door for Starjammers and Lilandra in the future.
  • Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Member Posts: 507 ★★★
    White Tiger

Pugthugz said:

heirDEZ said:

I was actually rooting for literally anyone BUT Gladiator to win because I was shocked that he beat out Deathlok in the first vote. Once I saw he reached the final round I knew what was going to happen...

Whatever. I hope Kabam does something new and interesting with him. Although based off the vision they said they have for him, I'm not sure if I'm going to care about him very much.
  • Captain_Pug30Captain_Pug30 Member Posts: 14
    @L1zardW1zard ZEMO wasn’t runner up Agatha was
    Gladiator

Fair enough, valid argument. I still doubt they won't add White Tiger considering how close this summoner's choice was, it wouldn't be logical.
    Gladiator

Pugthugz said:

heirDEZ said:

I was actually rooting for literally anyone BUT Gladiator to win because I was shocked that he beat out Deathlok in the first vote. Once I saw he reached the final round I knew what was going to happen...

Whatever. I hope Kabam does something new and interesting with him. Although based off the vision they said they have for him, I'm not sure if I'm going to care about him very much.
    I mean, I voted Deathlok too and was sad he didn't make it past first round. However, based on what I know from the comics, I prefer Gladiator 100% just because of all his feats.

Hmmm if you say he won't bring much to the table then White Tiger wouldn't have either, we already have Doom and other amazing power control champs. I think both will be interesting when they're eventually added to the game, people just need to be patient and stop being so negative because they lost.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Member Posts: 3,183 ★★★★★
    White Tiger

Fair enough, valid argument. I still doubt they won't add White Tiger considering how close this summoner's choice was, it wouldn't be logical.
    Kabam? Logical? The same company that said, "we're going to make Act 1-4 easier so people can progress faster" and then turn around and make the EQ and SQ more difficult cuz people progressed quickly and got stacked rosters of 5* and 6* champs before their skills developed?
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Gladiator

Kabam? Logical? The same company that said, "we're going to make Act 1-4 easier so people can progress faster" and then turn around and make the EQ and SQ more difficult cuz people progressed quickly and got stacked rosters of 5* and 6* champs before their skills developed?
    That's actually quite logical, if people are progressing faster and getting 5* and 6* earlier, eq difficulty has to increase to some extent. Was it overturned? Yes. Is it fixed now? Yes. They made a mistake but what they were ultimately trying to do was something that logically had to happen eventually, and will continue happening as they add more content and higher champ rarities.