**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Absorbing man completely busted on defense

AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 388 ★★★
This guy is gonna get nerfed on defense because holy hell lmao just saw him take down 50% hp off ghost in one blocked hit, while surviving off his regen the whole time

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,286 ★★★★★
    1. That can easily be prevented by not allowing him to throw the same special twice in a row it's really not that big of a deal lol just bait sp1, then force the sp2 rinse and repeat you'll take some block damage but the fight won't be as hard as you think. Bishop's still harder to counter than this guy and he hasn't been nerfed.
    2. Just use heal block or poison there's a lot of different options nowadays.
  • RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

I recommend immediately banning him if you don't have buff immunes on your team.

So, Spot is good counter for Absorbing Man?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Renaxqq said:

Pikolu said:

I recommend immediately banning him if you don't have buff immunes on your team.

So, Spot is good counter for Absorbing Man?
    And Spider-Man 2099. Especially if you have despair.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★

No one is forcing you to use ghost. There are lots of science champs who easily counter him.

For that matter, War is partly about having the right counters.
  • AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 388 ★★★

Kappa2g said:

I do think the heavy punish after special attack on a 20 second cooldown is too much, especially in situations where mystic dispersion boosts him up as a defender

Agree - slightly shorter cooldown of around 12 seconds might be a better compromise?
    Even lower IMO. It requires a certain amount of skill and prep to knock him down after a special, and if you mess up, the stakes are REALLY high. It should be around 6-8 seconds if there even has to be a CD to begin with. If this was the case, I wouldn't mind him at all.
  • ege999menege999men Posts: 281 ★★
    Bro complaining about not being able to ghost absorbing man. How do you fight 4 year old champ mister sinister with ghost smh. Besides he IS ghostable. sp1 fits in phase window and damage reduction is not any worse than all the newer glance champions
    edited February 2023

you have to learn how to counter him... that's very good to the game that you can't close your eyes and Ghost everything anymore

Nothing to learn if he can do 50% of your hp into your block after 2 sp1s. And before the "knock him down right after a special" brigade comes in, it's a 20-second cooldown, and against opponents with MD, you're gonna be all outta luck real fast.💀

And that's ignoring his busted regen.
    You do not have to knock him down after every sp1.... just after the second... so if you decide to bait only sp1... wait for him to reform before knocking him down... or bait sp2 as well...

again... try to understand the champion... I'm not saying he is not hard to fight... he is... but he has counters... you just have to try harder... he is not a simple Ghost fight... especially with the AI lately... but it is very doable
    I realize this, but knocking him down every 2nd special is far too risky as the stakes are VERY VERY high. You could be juggling with so many other nodes you have to pay attention to, alongside MD. If you let him refine his form, it could be insta-death by a single basic attack, *even a blocked one*.

You already have to deal with his regen and unprecedentedly high physical & energy resist, 8 seconds isn't a big ask.
  • StarSmasher2001StarSmasher2001 Posts: 230 ★★
    Laughs in void's petrify
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Have you ever heard of a champion getting their defensive potential nerfed? Soon we'll see more champs that counter him and players will figure out more optimal ways around his kit.
    edited February 2023

Have you ever heard of a champion getting their defensive potential nerfed? Soon we'll see more champs that counter him and players will figure out more optimal ways around his kit.

Yes, with namor as I mentioned before (his regen on specials). Not sure who else but I'm sure there have been some others. Important to note that namor's regen was only 6% of max health yet got nerfed, whereas absorbing man's is 30% and he's a much better defender over all.
  • xTURKISHxxTURKISHx Posts: 70
    I bomb.scorpion, Diablo... They take him down pretty quickly.... Just keep poisoning him. Build him up right below two bars of power..bait his s1. Dodge S1, punish s1... Just make sure he always has enough to throw his S1.. if for some odd reason he ends up not having enough... He usually always goes back into a block and just hit him in the block until you give him enough power..

If you do it like that you don't ever have to worry about him hitting into your block.

Spider ham also works really well too..same strategy, just using poppers
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    It should be noted that the regen for both Namor and Absorbing Man are percentages of their MISSING health, not MAX health. However, it does make the reduction of Namor's regen seem rather pointless. All I can think about as a POSSIBLE reasoning Kabaam looks at them differently comes to these key points:

1. Namor's regen triggers on every special attack. On attack, Absorbing Man's regen only triggers when consuming morph charges, so far less frequently. Granted, it becomes the same frequency, just about, on defense.

2. Namor's regen is part of his core kit, full power right from the start. Absorbing Man's regen is tied to his sig ability, and the potency grows with the sig level.

That said, the disparity between the two, especially on defense, is certainly notable. I'd not be surprised to see Absorbing Man's regen toned down a bit, or at the very least have it adjusted to trigger less frequently on defense.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Why do some of you keep bringing up Namor? Namor wasn't changed bc of his regen on defense, he was changed bc his regen basically eliminated recoil damage on attack. For some ridiculous reason his regen was deemed too powerful based on health recovered numbers even though almost all his recorded health recovery was from willpower and the LC/DE debuffs (Kabam hasn't always had the best record with data interpretation).

Using that situation as an example of why AM's regen on defense should be changed is ridiculous and disingenuous at best. That same round of balancing saw Torch get buffed and IW get nothing, it's not exactly a strong arguement for why anything should happen again. AM has ways to shut him down regardless of who you're using built into his kit on purpose, use them.