**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Drive to a Million Facebook Likes!

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    K1lltastic wrote: »
    K1lltastic wrote: »
    Unless a highly suspicious number of likes suddenly appear in the next few days (like bot generators or something) we are guaranteed to lose. Which means Kabam has successfully pissed off a huge portion if the fanbase by giving unreasonable deadlines.

At the same time about 100K people have demonstrated which characters are most loved and hated in a poll. Which mean we can expect our favorite champs to be nerfed over the next few months.
    So basically we we all duped into confirming which champs are actually useful vs trash while clutching at a unreasonable goal.

Well done Kabam. You win again.
    Evidently the glitches, AW ****, and terrible offers weren't enough for you.

First of all, we don't know what will happen if we don't reach goal. There is a possibility they will run them regardless. Not to give false hope, just pointing out that it's possible. Secondly, they do not nerf Champs based on popularity or any other factor commented on the Forum. They don't bait conversations to nerf Champs. That's just not a thing.

I dunno, based on previous experience, I'd say his presumption about the outcome much closer matches Kabam's track record than your own.

The nerfs during 12.0 weren't the result of conversations on the Forum. They had their own data and reasons for them. It certainly wasn't because people said they liked them in discussions. There is no risk of talking about Champs.

Their track record also includes how they treat their customers. You may say there is the chance that they'll just give the crystals anyways after the date hits, while, I doubt they will, based on their previous actions. The nerfs that happened as a result of 12.0 really did nothing to the game, as they released equally, or more overpowered champs directly afterwards, causing a new wave of specific champs needed to complete content, but I didn't mention those, and that's a bit of a red herring to the initial statement I made. There are many more examples, but I know you like to sit around here simply arguing the devils advocate side, so it's really not worth it.

Based on previous experience with Kabam, I stand by my previous statement that his perceived outcome is still going to be closer to the actual outcome than your own. That's all that can be 'argued', so you can wait, just like me, to either be proven right, or wrong.

Have you ever played the game? There is not a single new champ who isn't complete trash compared to pre 12.0 switch or widow. A 4/55 blade is MUCH worse then a pre 12.0 5/50 switch
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Maybe if the cyber Monday deals were actually good.....
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    danielmath wrote: »

Have you ever played the game? There is not a single new champ who isn't complete trash compared to pre 12.0 switch or widow. A 4/55 blade is MUCH worse then a pre 12.0 5/50 switch

You very clearly and definitely don't understand what I said. You're arguing your own point there.
  • Grimv717Grimv717 Posts: 96
    I'm saying we can wait to see what happens before we get on the Disappointment Train.

This is the same attitude everyone had before 12.0 was released instead of being up in arms when it was initially announced, and that turned into a huge dumpster fire with spending boycotts, mass exoduses of top level players/spenders, and a huge amount of extra work in the form of backpedaling from Kabam. Instead of being complacent all the time how about giving a healthy level of skepticism a shot GW.
  • Reinstag wrote: »
    4 more days to get 180k more likes!

Hahahah........ hahahahah.......
  • Oh wait one more hahahahhhhahahahah.. ok my side hurts now
  • Scare_Reaper2Scare_Reaper2 Posts: 287
    still going huh.....interesting
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,570 ★★★★★
    I have facebook, and I refuse to click "like" until Kabam does something worth liking. But every time I start to adjust to the new version of game-reality, something changes and screws up whatever it was I had been aiming for. I don't care about rewards for facebook likes, regardless of the rewards. I won't click "like" until the game is stable, consistent, and reliable.

This I believe is called cutting off your nose to spite your face.

So he should fake like a game whose quality , performance and vision for the future is poor?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I apologize to the community but i had to recently unlike, i just couldnt bring myself to decieve other people that will make a decision based off of facebook. The December calendar was the last straw for me. I get they are free but Kabam has missed so many opportunities to win back peoples trust and money and have failed on almost all counts. The only redeming part might be Act 5 rewards, and we will see if the difficulty matches or is off like 5.2.6. It seems they are trying to purge the long time player and bring in a new crop of spenders but i cant take part in that. Anyone else feel the same?

No, I honestly don't get the disappointment over the December calendar. It's like any other month. It's like last year's December calendar although slightly better. It's the holiday calendar that will be good. Just like last year.

• MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    BaironDH wrote: »
    So now that were pretty assured that we are not gonna make 1 million likes (821k now only) @Kabam Miike whats the deal here? No 1 million likes = no rewards even though we just got the page an extra 100k+ likes? Thats all I wanna know really is does this mean we get nothing despite the effort?

What effort? You clicked a friggin’ button.
  • IlluminantIlluminant Posts: 196
    @Kabam Miike so are we going to have some sort of announcement regarding the results on dec 4?
  • Scare_Reaper2Scare_Reaper2 Posts: 287
    hurricant wrote: »
    BaironDH wrote: »
    So now that were pretty assured that we are not gonna make 1 million likes (821k now only) @Kabam Miike whats the deal here? No 1 million likes = no rewards even though we just got the page an extra 100k+ likes? Thats all I wanna know really is does this mean we get nothing despite the effort?

I will unlike the page since if they don't give us anything. I urge everyone to consider the same.

i never even liked in the first place they don't deserve a million likes as far as im concerned. I know the calendar is free and all but i'd want it improved a little more. Also all the terrible treatment we the player get and the problems we have in game. Why lie and say everything is fine we need to tell kabam that something is wrong,and we need a change and we need it now. We need to give them feedback give them the true feedback not lies...
  • My prediction... they will simply extend the deadline. They really want those million likes. What do they care if it takes another few weeks? They know they will drop down to 500,000 likes on 12/5, no matter if we get the rewards or not. As soon as this is resolved, one way or the other (one million: here's your stuff... or... didn't make it: you get nothing)... all the likes they bought will be unliked.

I am HOPING we get the deals anyway, even without the million. Thanks for trying. I'm saving my awakening gem, to see who I get in the dollar crystal, just in case... But I don't really believe we will get anything on the 4th. The chances are slim to none.

What I think will happen... come December 4th, no million... they need to do something to either reward us (not happening) or keep stringing us along. So on 12/4, there will be a message...

"Hey, great job so far, we are so close to a million! And since it's the holiday season, and we are so generous and giving, we decided to extend the deadline to Christmas. Wow! How magnanimous of us! Now we have until 12/25 to get one million likes! Yay! If we can do it, then the Christmas reward will be the dollar 4* crystal, and the 5* shard arena, and all the other stuff we promised you! And we really believe we can do it (because we're all either stupid or liars)!"

That will be the message (without the concluding parenthetical notation). The truth? Christmas was their planned deadline all along. Or 12/31. End of the year is a more logical date for a deadline like this, anyway. No one ever asked the question... why choose some arbitrary day like 12/4? Because... if they told us from the start "do it by Christmas"... a lot more people would have yelled and complained about having to pay, for what should be a "Christmas gift reward". Fewer people complain about spending a dollar on 12/4.

We will have until 12/25 or 12/31 to get the million. That's my prediction.
    I was really looking forward to the 2* arena. Hope it happens at some point.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Grimv717 wrote: »
    I'm saying we can wait to see what happens before we get on the Disappointment Train.

This is the same attitude everyone had before 12.0 was released instead of being up in arms when it was initially announced, and that turned into a huge dumpster fire with spending boycotts, mass exoduses of top level players/spenders, and a huge amount of extra work in the form of backpedaling from Kabam. Instead of being complacent all the time how about giving a healthy level of skepticism a shot GW.

I'm not in the habit of grabbing the pitchfork.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    edited December 2017
    I hope no one went stupid ranking and levelling 2* just for an event that may not happen.

Also, since I don't faceblow or twaddle or instabore or anything that the young folk do, what purpose does achieving a million likes generate for Kabam?
    phillgreen wrote: »
    I hope no one went stupid ranking and levelling 2* just for an event that may not happen.

Also, since I don't faceblow or twaddle or instabore or anything that the young folk do, what purpose does achieving a million likes generate for Kabam?

It gets more exposure to the game and more potential players of course. Lots of old folks to the faceblow twaddle thing btw lol.

Always jump at the chance to agree with @GroundedWisdom since it doesn't happen often lol but waiting to see what happens isn't unreasonable. Many times the community has cried outrage prematurely only to be proven wrong by the outcome. The Boss Rush challenge comes to mind.
  • Grimv717Grimv717 Posts: 96

Didn’t say anything about grabbing a pitchfork. I’m just saying that dropping trow and bending over isn’t always the best approach when dealing with a party who has a history of going against the wishes of their target audience/consumers. You don’t have to be angry and assume that they will willfully harm us, but you shouldn’t just let them walk all over you either in the hopes that they might be slightly nice. There’s plenty of reason to hop on the “disappointment train” as things stand. The community is not on pace to reach a blatantly unrealistic goal (achieve an extra 1/3rd of the total likes from a nearly 3 year span in a time frame shorter than a month), and as a result we’re going to miss out on very worthwhile rewards that were dangled in our face like a carrot on a stick. Losing out on that is disappointing. I don’t that we’ll walk away from this empty handed, but I don’t think anything they’ll “reward” us with for “trying” will be enough to make missing the (intentionally unrealistic) mark, and therefore the rewards, NOT disappointing either. Additionally if Kabam gives us the full rewards in spite of missing the 1 million likes, they’d create a dangerous precedent in the developer-player relationship, all incentives moving forward would have no meaning because then people can complain “but last time you gave it to us anyway.” This whole situation is a mess and if you don’t see that it’s because you’re willfully complacent. Like I said, you don’t have to be angry, but you shouldn’t be campaigning so hard that Kabam can do no wrong. Taking a neutral stance is an option too.
    edited December 2017

Didn’t say anything about grabbing a pitchfork. I’m just saying that dropping trow and bending over isn’t always the best approach when dealing with a party who has a history of going against the wishes of their target audience/consumers. You don’t have to be angry and assume that they will willfully harm us, but you shouldn’t just let them walk all over you either in the hopes that they might be slightly nice. There’s plenty of reason to hop on the “disappointment train” as things stand. The community is not on pace to reach a blatantly unrealistic goal (achieve an extra 1/3rd of the total likes from a nearly 3 year span in a time frame shorter than a month), and as a result we’re going to miss out on very worthwhile rewards that were dangled in our face like a carrot on a stick. Losing out on that is disappointing. I don’t that we’ll walk away from this empty handed, but I don’t think anything they’ll “reward” us with for “trying” will be enough to make missing the (intentionally unrealistic) mark, and therefore the rewards, NOT disappointing either. Additionally if Kabam gives us the full rewards in spite of missing the 1 million likes, they’d create a dangerous precedent in the developer-player relationship, all incentives moving forward would have no meaning because then people can complain “but last time you gave it to us anyway.” This whole situation is a mess and if you don’t see that it’s because you’re willfully complacent. Like I said, you don’t have to be angry, but you shouldn’t be campaigning so hard that Kabam can do no wrong. Taking a neutral stance is an option too.
    There's also such thing as picking and choosing your battles. They stated the conditions clearly. If they choose to stand by it, there's little we can do. It's like any goal that may not be met. I'm simply saying there could be a chance they will run it anyway.
    This reminds me of the bleating and placard waving when federal budgets are announced and there are cuts to allocated funds set forward of today's date.

You can't complain about not getting something if you haven't received it yet.
    phillgreen wrote: »
    This reminds me of the bleating and placard waving when federal budgets are announced and there are cuts to allocated funds set forward of today's date.

You can't complain about not getting something if you haven't received it yet.

Cue Bases. Lol.
    true.

I am Staggered as to why that has not been removed from ingame data.