**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Last SQ Compensation?

GöD87GöD87 Posts: 40
edited February 2023 in General Discussion
As the title says, Kabam previously mentioned they were looking in to compensation for the previous side quest issue involving the unstoppable node not functioning correctly

I’m just wondering if there was any update on this at all? Reason for me is I missed on the completion rewards for the bottom path on lvl 5 because it just wasn’t working properly for me and honestly I found the A.I to be extremely passive and brutal.. more than anything I really needed the class 5 basic

I returned to the game recently so have a very limited roster despite being cavalier hence why I struggled BUT previous SQ I’ve completed fully just this one was a bit OP in my opinion lol

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    I don't remember them ever mentioning compensation.
  • Options
    GöD87 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Merging in threads, here.

We are exploring compensation for the issue.

I remember that now. But really, the path was still able to be completed. What exactly are you wanting? You said you struggled regardless because of roster but you want to be compensated for not doing the path? Did you not do it because it was "bugged" or did you not do it because you struggled?
  • Options
    Dave7099 said:

GöD87 said:

Kabam Jax said:

I remember that now. But really, the path was still able to be completed. What exactly are you wanting? You said you struggled regardless because of roster but you want to be compensated for not doing the path? Did you not do it because it was "bugged" or did you not do it because you struggled?

Does there really need to be rationalization on why compensation is needed when they said they would compensate? Clearly the game team thought it was deserved. Why do you need to be convinced?
    They said they were exploring compensation. That isn't the same as "we're giving you compensation" or "we owe you compensation". If I say I am exploring options for a new car, it doesn't mean I already bought a new car.

But what would you expect for it? The rewards for those that didn't do it regardless of the reason? What if they gave you pots and revives? That would be satisfactory?
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 807 ★★★★
    Jax updated that this was “in the works” with the BG compensation yesterdays. It’s in one of the BG objective threads
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 807 ★★★★
  • Options
    DanielRandDanielRand Posts: 415 ★★★★

Dave7099 said:

GöD87 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Does there really need to be rationalization on why compensation is needed when they said they would compensate? Clearly the game team thought it was deserved. Why do you need to be convinced?
    They said they were exploring compensation. That isn't the same as "we're giving you compensation" or "we owe you compensation". If I say I am exploring options for a new car, it doesn't mean I already bought a new car.

But what would you expect for it? The rewards for those that didn't do it regardless of the reason? What if they gave you pots and revives? That would be satisfactory?
    Terrible logic train in your example. If I am exploring a new car, it is because I intend to buy a new car. So if your example is correct, then compensation should be forthcoming.
  • Options
    BazzingaaaBazzingaaa Posts: 357 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Update:

There is a package pulled together to address this situation.
    The timeline is uncertain, but I'd estimate within the week, similar to the BG Objectives package.

Thanks for letting us know, Jax
  • Options
    PpurpleIIPpurpleII Posts: 20
    Kabam Jax said:

Update:

There is a package pulled together to address this situation.
    The timeline is uncertain, but I'd estimate within the week, similar to the BG Objectives package.

Is this still happening? BG package is done, but I care more about these issues because I was also unable to complete the bottom path.
  • Options
    Coppin said:

I kinda assume they will compensate with revive and health pots.. not give u the path or quest rewards... Brace yourself for disappointment

Guess I should have forked over some units while I had the chance. Unfortunately, I am starting to doubt the compensation at all.
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    Well, I did this side event bug ok, but it will start the repayment for the 8.1.6 traps not showing up that we never got.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    There’s a comment in another thread I cannot find where Jax notes they are still working on determining who was affected and who wasn’t.

Honestly, I’m not sure that’s relevant. The node worked in ways that were contrary to how it was written and to the detriment of any player who encountered it. Just throw some bones out to everyone and call it a day. Seems like wasting a lot of time that could be better spent elsewhere.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,379 ★★★★★
    Unfortunately, from personal experience, since they threw the VFX bug under the rug (when Act 8.1 initially dropped) - I’m afraid something like this won’t get addressed properly.
  • Options
    ege999menege999men Posts: 281 ★★
    Realistically almost everyone was effected either through SQ rewards, revives or energy for restarts. Even if it's just extra stress during encounters. BG issue didn't affect everyone and for some reason this is the issue that needs more exploration as to who was effected. Feels kind of redundant
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,218 ★★★★★
    Who cleared it with skills and rigorous intercepts are not Impacted by it. Who would have though Ignoring bugs and dealing with them stright up, results you in the category of 'nOt ImPaCtEd'.

FYI, the node was bugged throughout, it was only half fixed.
    Maybe jax doesn't know this, I balme the Team who made this 'Impacted' decision.

Gee thanks. Give comp, Don't give Comp doesn't matter. It wouldnt be account changing anyway.
  • Options
    Was this released and I missed it or are we still waiting?
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,598 ★★★★
    What exactly are they doing? Why does it take so long!