**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Store Price Increases

DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
edited February 2023 in Suggestions and Requests
Living in UK here and not been online for a week or so. Prices have increased by >10% for most unit store packages. Is this an exchange rate thing or are units more expensive everywhere now?

I have been abroad a lot lately. Perhaps it’s just a glitch based on region detection?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    BazzingaaaBazzingaaa Posts: 357 ★★★
    It's an app store thing
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    I believe there was actually an increase in some markets a few months back, likely made to match exchange rates. The only way to get an answer to your question would be to reach out to Apple/Google Play and ask them directly. Kabam doesn’t set or control the prices and wouldn’t have any specific information on regional price changes.
  • Options
    DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    Thanks folks. Seems others in the UK are still at the previous price, so I expect my store is getting confused by my location. I’d been in Philippines then Singapore so it’s probably factoring in different conversions or something.
  • Options
    AldacAldac Posts: 475 ★★★
    Unfortunately it seems that store prices for the U.K. and several other countries have increased due to exchange rate changes or similar. Certainly not ideal and will affect my own spending, although I guess the prices are going back to where they were previously (they were lowered to the previous price due to exchange rate changes some time ago).
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    DannyB01 said:

Thanks folks. Seems others in the UK are still at the previous price, so I expect my store is getting confused by my location. I’d been in Philippines then Singapore so it’s probably factoring in different conversions or something.

Prices are higher in Apple devices.
    Those who have “the previous price” are playing on an android device, and use Google Play store.
    I play on two different devices (Greece region), on the android device an Odin still costs 99.99€, while on the iOS device it’s 119.99€.
    That’s 20% difference which is huge, but not surprising for a famous for being greedy company, like Apple.
    I suggest you do your purchases on an Android device, to get better prices, and also avoid feeding Apple’s greediness 😉

• Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

DannyB01 said:

Prices are higher in Apple devices.
    Those who have “the previous price” are playing on an android device, and use Google Play store.
    I play on two different devices (Greece region), on the android device an Odin still costs 99.99€, while on the iOS device it’s 119.99€.
    That’s 20% difference which is huge, but not surprising for a famous for being greedy company, like Apple.
    I suggest you do your purchases on an Android device, to get better prices, and also avoid feeding Apple’s greediness 😉

Was literally about to say it’s just on my iPhone that the prices are higher. On my Android it’s lower. So yeah not a Kabam problem, it’s absolutely on Apple.
  • Options
    Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 461 ★★★
    The Sigil is £9.99 for me as well. It’s not good value in my opinion. Test of the Paragon contains PHCs… ☹️
  • Options
    Copying another post's reply here. 2nd part answers specifically UK pricing, which is where poster here mentioned being from.

Prices increased in certain countries a few days ago

• Options
    Hey guys, we've already addressed concerns about price variation in different currencies HERE. To help keep the Forum tidy, I'll go ahead and close this discussion.
This discussion has been closed.