**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Tips for baiting specials

TreoTreo Posts: 386 ★★
edited February 2023 in Strategy and Tips
Hey guys I am having trouble beating specials the last few days anyone got some tips on how to bait specials. Apprently I am doing things wrong … not doing full combo … hitting in block once don’t work … any other ideas ?
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
    Fast momentum paced champions are almost non usable.... Scorpion, juggs... Pain
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 806 ★★★★
    I had to go back in 3 times with energy in TB SQ 3.2 against Hyperion. He just stood there for the 1st 2 fights, got to SP3 twice and that was it.

Third time in he was throwing his SP1 early and often without any new tactic on my part.

So apparently the new tactic is for the AI to eventually pity you before you burn through all your items.
  • shut_up_heathershut_up_heather Posts: 285 ★★
    Yup. Bring a Stagger/Nullify/Neutralize/power control champ. I sympathize
  • Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    edited February 2023

They did change the AI no matter what they insinuate and this comment will likely be deleted as well as all others saying the ai has changed

Or, perhaps with messed up inputs, you’re dodging back too early/late and making the timing undesirable for the AI to throw it? Just a thought

I say this because I have had no input issues and have also coincidentally experienced no changed AI
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    I'd like to know myself, 12 hits into block to bait a special, which succeeded when the AI threw the special at me as I dashed in for another round of M tap tap tap.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,241 ★★★★★
    Patience. It takes patience. Sometimes they bait, sometime they dance. I'm not getting into the conspiracy aspect. I will say I've had trouble at times. It's a waiting game, and hoping they don't push to an L3.
  • MIND035MIND035 Posts: 35
    just keep dexing their attacks until they use it, and if you get pushed to the edge strike the block to gain more distance.
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,596 ★★★★
    Kabam just canged the AI to make it harder to bait specials. Pro tips are to let the opponent stay at two bars of power, or get a power drain, power lock or power burn champ in your roster. Ultron is pretty great at managing specials IMO