Update on Ascension and 7*?

When can we expect a update about these? Been a couple months since we last heard of them.

Comments

• BigBusterBigBuster Posts: 292 ★★★
    yea i'd love to hear about this. didn't they say it was coming out in spring? so it's coming up pretty soon
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,596 ★★★★★
    Someone asked this within the last week or so and I believe Jax’s response was that (paraphrased) “there hasn’t been an update yet because there’s no new information to share”. When new information is available we’ll know, we won’t have to ask.
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,900 ★★★★
    I just hope Ascension is better than relics. They were a letdown, and I hope Ascension won't be the same
  • Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 443 ★★★★
    BigBuster said:

yea i'd love to hear about this. didn't they say it was coming out in spring? so it's coming up pretty soon

Most people typically think of spring as March-May, we may still be 3+ months away from them
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,886 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    What would be helpful is some sense of the structure of Ascension—what does it mean? What gets boosted? How does it get boosted? How will that compare to a basic 7*?

I don’t think anyone should reasonably expect all the details, but I confess I have zero idea what we are talking about here or what kind of implementation might be involved. I hope there is some dialogue with actual players, though, because I doubt developing Ascension in a vacuum will produce a happy result.

Dr. Zola
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★
    BigBuster said:

Spring 2023 runs from March 20th - June 21st. So they'll have ample time to release it.

The most common mistake people make is assuming that Spring automatically means the very first day and then light up the forums when it doesn't happen.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 827 ★★★★

Here is Jax’s exact response.

I don't think there is any intention on the "average player" having several of them to open on day 1. I myself have about 55K shards, and while I don't have a small account / think that is above average, I know there are many others with a lot more than me.

The longer 7 stars wait, the more 7 star shards people will have on day 1. If we were to wait until July 4th, I wouldn't be surprised if I had the better part of 100K shards (depends on spending / max sig crystals)

Either the number of shards will drastically increase (I'm not talking some of the 12K / 15K theories some youtubers have suggested, but more like 25K / 50K), or the pool will be so trash that people will just save up for the second wave of champions, or its going to be like the featured crystals where on day one people have many crystals to open.

If the price is that high, and it takes 100 dupes on 6 stars to get a 7 star, people will rage.

If the pool is all iron fists and iron patriots, the players will rage.

I don't see any way where there will be a good pool day one / I'd get 10 crystals.

Not many "good options" then left, and at this point the thing that will get players to rage the least... is just releasing them, as any more delays will just make the eventual rage that much worse.
  • I’m gunna be honest, unless they have a specific release date in mind, I think they never should have let people start acquiring shards
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,882 Guardian
    DrZola said:

What would be helpful is some sense of the structure of Ascension—what does it mean? What gets boosted? How does it get boosted? How will that compare to a basic 7*?

I don’t think anyone should reasonably expect all the details, but I confess I have zero idea what we are talking about here or what kind of implementation might be involved. I hope there is some dialogue with actual players, though, because I doubt developing Ascension in a vacuum will produce a happy result.

Dr. Zola

From my understanding of ascension type mechanics in other games it just increase base stats and sometimes adds new abilities.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,886 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

From my understanding of ascension type mechanics in other games it just increase base stats and sometimes adds new abilities.
    Right. I expect it to be disappointing—otherwise, why would anyone want 7*?

I’m also a little concerned that R4/5 6*’s would need it. I think you will see lots of folks dial back significantly if there’s a big disparity between ascended 6* and 7*. But I’m sure many segments of the player population will not and will enjoy chasing new carrots.

Dr. Zola
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 827 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

H3t3r said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Right. I expect it to be disappointing—otherwise, why would anyone want 7*?

I’m also a little concerned that R4/5 6*’s would need it. I think you will see lots of folks dial back significantly if there’s a big disparity between ascended 6* and 7*. But I’m sure many segments of the player population will not and will enjoy chasing new carrots.

Dr. Zola
    I don't think its about chasing new carrots... just seeing their hoard of last week's carrots rot away.