**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What Champion Pull changed the game for you?

PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
We can get significant pulls at any time, but sometimes you get a pull at a certain tier level at a certain time in your game that it completely changes things for you.

Who was the pull, and what did they enable you to do that you couldn't before?

Mine was Hyperion - I was relying almost exclusively on 4* champs still and lamenting a poor 5* roster, to the point where I was actively thinking if I pulled a 5* Captain Marvel (not the movie variant, this was before she entered the contest) I'd use my Cosmic AG on her and rank her up! Then I pulled Hyperion as a 5*. Awakened, Ranked straight to R4, and I could finally to Realm of Legends and got carried through much of Act 5.

Comments

• Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Looking time ago, it was 5* AA, used him everywhere to clear content and even today he's championing it in BG.

More recently about a year ago, it was 6* Shang chi because I was getting tired of bad pulls and then I pulled him and stuck to the game.
  • Options
    blurblotblurblot Posts: 40
    5* Void, a l-o-o-o-n-n-g time ago. his synergy with KM / WS made them a wrecking crew back in the day, and finally gave me a reliable AW attack team.

He was my first 5* r4. I ranked him unawakened and he still SLAYEDS. that dude anchored my roster through a ton of early content and monthly EQ. He was probably my MVP for 2019.
  • Options
    4* quake right around 12.0, she got me through a lot of content
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,367 ★★★★★

Omega red. Taking him to max sig 5*, 3 years ago, changed the game completely.

Even wrote about it at the time at the bottom of this thread:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/164040/progression-without-twitch-skills-or-unit-man#latest

(Omega red has now also been my third R4 6* mutant as well; he's still immense!!)

Glad you finally took Omega to r4, mate - even if Cable+Apoc is your go-to more often!

For me, it would have been 5* Dr Doom. Picked him up on the road to Cavalier and boy, did he make an impression: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/201948/didnt-believe-the-hype#latest

Even now my 5/65 Doom does more for me than most of my r3/r4 champions.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★

Omega red. Taking him to max sig 5*, 3 years ago, changed the game completely.

Even wrote about it at the time at the bottom of this thread:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/164040/progression-without-twitch-skills-or-unit-man#latest

(Omega red has now also been my third R4 6* mutant as well; he's still immense!!)

Glad you finally took Omega to r4, mate - even if Cable+Apoc is your go-to more often!

For me, it would have been 5* Dr Doom. Picked him up on the road to Cavalier and boy, did he make an impression: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/201948/didnt-believe-the-hype#latest

Even now my 5/65 Doom does more for me than most of my r3/r4 champions.
    My recent guilty pleasure was taking cable to R4 😁

You'll know well, but that 5/65 omega carried me for over two years! Him plus corvus; terrible twosome.

Like the Doom story and the south park reference 😉 can't believe you did that with 3/45 5* too - that's making an impression!
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 740 ★★★★
    5* Ghost which allowed me to do Legends runs for 6.3 and 6.4 and finish top100. Then 6* Ghost for 7.1 and 7.2 legend runs, also top100
  • Options
    TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    5* Corvus 2018
    6* Hercules 2022
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    4* SW.
    5* SL
    5* Blade
    5* Corvus
    6* Hercules

All of these made a huge difference for me at different points in the game. Shout out to 4* Mags, Black Bolt, and Cyclops for my no damage block team lol
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,165 ★★★★★
    Domino. I actually quit the game when you hit maestro because it was too hard for me. I came back several years later, just happened to be in the gift event, and got a six-star Domino's, and I was able to take me all the way up through uncollected. Amazing how much a six star changed the game, and I've been playing ever since again.
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    I pulled doom as my 4th 5* like the week he was added to the generic crystal. That was three years ago, and it pushed me forward in a huge way
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,457 ★★★★
    6 star herc and kitty
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Quake… all those years ago…

👴
  • Options
    Barri8Barri8 Posts: 108
    Cull obsidian about 4 years ago.
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,049 ★★★★
    5* CGR really changed the game for me for a while. Which is funny cause now I have him as 5* and 6* and I rarely ever use him. He's still great though.

Honestly, recently, Scorpion has surprised me. I never had any luck with high ranking Science pulls and then I got him as a 6* and it just changed how I played a lot of the late stage game.
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    4* omega red was a game changer which helped me get UC
    5* AA was amazing and really helped me push cav
    then 5* nick and my second 6* torch really changed the game and led to me beating act 6
  • Options
    HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★
    5* domino. Pretty much rode that trinity to cav. Also did act 5 exploration and initial LoL run with her
  • Options
    DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    early days was 4* Thor and 4* sw
    then came to 5* hype...followed by 6* CGR and now..6* scorpion...
  • Options
    Maxwell2454Maxwell2454 Posts: 100 ★★
    edited February 2023
    4 star blade out of a premium a couple years ago, I miss those days
  • Options
    RebornMVPRebornMVP Posts: 49
    A while ago, it was a 5 star doom that I got after opening a 5 star crystal on the day he came out in the basics. When I got him, I didnt know how good he was until I saw a couple videos and ever since then hes been amazing and just recently I got a 6 star doom.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,689 ★★★★
    Corvus was my first 4* and got me through a lot of content. My first good 5* was Hyperion and amazingly I had an AG (which was rare for me and for the game at the time) so he got me through a ton of content as well.

The 6* that made the biggest difference for me was finally pulling Nick Fury, who had been my white whale for the full year I had been playing. Didn’t have him as a 4 or 5*. I had really bad luck with 6*s for my first 3/4 of a year of pulling them, but right around my year anniversary with the game I pulled NF and - even though I couldn’t awaken him for another 5 months - it changed the trajectory of my account. All of the sudden I started finally pulling good 6*s after that.
  • Options
    KeltanKeltan Posts: 471 ★★
    5* Blade was my to go to champ when I pair him with GR kills all villains. But now my 6* Galan Shang Chi and Overseer are my most use champs ..
  • Options
    Matthew950Matthew950 Posts: 155
    My 4* void... wish i had him as a 6*...
  • Options
    Ghost as a 5 star. This was around the time I also thought synergies of any kind were a waste of time. But realized Ghost with trinity was an absolute cheat code. Explored act 5 and carried to act 7.
  • Options
    Ngoalong711Ngoalong711 Posts: 304 ★★
    i got 5 star blade from dungeon crystal. that was when everybody wish for a blade and 9/10 top players top champion was blade back to 2018
  • Options
    Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 499 ★★★
    3* Doom, compensated for skill level and carried me through act 3 and 4

4* Hercules got me uncollected

5* Nick Fury and immediate dupe

6* Rintrah, Magneto and Nimrod are making me consistently cut through TB snd Paragon focused content.
  • Options
    MasterAMasterA Posts: 479 ★★★
    6 star cgr carried me to tb
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,315 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    6 star Hercules... And today is exactly one year since i got him.🎉🎉
    Thanks for making this thread buddy, i was able to remember it again because of this thread