**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

If Onslaught was to enter the contest (and he will for sure), what would be his abilities and stuff?

Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,022 ★★★★
Be creative, what would u put in his kit?
Reversed control immunity would make perfect sense but I think he should also have a benefit and a way to punish the opponent for that. Similar to how at first Mystics only had immunities to armor break but now... Rintrah gains attack from them, Wiccan inflicts incenerate... etc.
Also judging from the old Super hero squad online game (which was sooo fun) I'd give him Stryfe's Psionic blasts mechanic too!
THIS IS NOT A CHAMPION SUGGESTION, I WANNA HEAR PPL'S OPINIONS SO DO NOT CLOSE IT PLEASE

Comments

• Options
    Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★
    This would be a tough one because he would essentially be a composite of various champs. Some mechanics he would have to start off with right away would be the following:

- Psychic Shielding (immunity to reversed control)
    - Capable of blocking unblockable attacks
    - Perhaps a mechanic similar to Ebony Maw where he telepathically sways you

- Shrapnel Poisoning? A debuff I just created where he sends shards of shrapnel into his opponent, allowing him to reduce their ability accuracy (due to his magnetism) and as the name suggests, poisoning his opponent at the same time.

- Special lock (also known as possession which Xavier does with his cerebro charges)
  • Options
    Unfortunately most of his powers are mental/magnetism based which is hard to translate into the game. It would be great if there wasn't already an Xavier or 2 Magnetos in the game.

I personally think he would be a waste of a good opportunity to bring someone else in that has a completely different power set than what we already have.
  • Options
    Someone like Graviton would be great because although his power would be similar to telekinesis, the application is not the same. One is mental manipulation while the other is manipulation of gravity (which is done mentally as well but it's less derivative).

You could create localized gravity fields that null projectiles or apply the new "Crushed" mechanic that Cassie Lang and Jessica Jones have. You can reduce the potency off attacks by making your opponent light as a feather (similar to Onoki from Naruto) ect.
  • Options
    Mr.0-8-4 said:

This would be a tough one because he would essentially be a composite of various champs. Some mechanics he would have to start off with right away would be the following:

- Psychic Shielding (immunity to reversed control)
    - Capable of blocking unblockable attacks
    - Perhaps a mechanic similar to Ebony Maw where he telepathically sways you

- Shrapnel Poisoning? A debuff I just created where he sends shards of shrapnel into his opponent, allowing him to reduce their ability accuracy (due to his magnetism) and as the name suggests, poisoning his opponent at the same time.

- Special lock (also known as possession which Xavier does with his cerebro charges)

Cool suggestions
    Why Poison tho?
  • Options
    Cool suggestions
    Why Poison tho?

Metal poisoning. The same effect Adamantium has on Wolverine. The difference is that Wolverine's healing factor keeps the poison from killing him. Same concept
  • Options
    L1zardW1zardL1zardW1zard Posts: 144 ★★★
    This is really hard to answer because of how many abilities Onslaught has in the comics but I thought of a few:
    - Immune to armor break and reversed controls, when any of them would be applied on him he triggers degen on the opponent (can stack multiple times).
    - Block unblockable attacks.
    - #metal suffer -100% ability accuracy (this might sound like a little too much but considering how powerful this guy is I think that's how it should be).
    - Immune to ability accuracy reduction.
    - Some form of passive prowess mechanic different to the stuff we already have.

That's all I could think of right now but aside from this (and him hitting really hard since he's gone toe to toe with the Hulk), I would really love to see some of sort of mechanic related to his reality warping abilities I just don't know how they could do something like this in the game it'd be very complicated.
  • Options
    BuildBuild Posts: 43
    edited February 2023
    Pre-fight ability. Switch between Magneto and Professor X's specials and abilities. Those abilities are modified.

So for non-metal, switch to X, etc.

Also, give charges that carry over, they represent X and Mag fighting back for control.
  • Options
    Matthew950Matthew950 Posts: 155
    Gain 10 % chamipon boost for every mutant on your team
  • Options
    AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    Each mutant defeated in a quest empowers him somehow, since he can absorb mutant powers
  • Options

This is really hard to answer because of how many abilities Onslaught has in the comics but I thought of a few:
    - Immune to armor break and reversed controls, when any of them would be applied on him he triggers degen on the opponent (can stack multiple times).
    - Block unblockable attacks.
    - #metal suffer -100% ability accuracy (this might sound like a little too much but considering how powerful this guy is I think that's how it should be).
    - Immune to ability accuracy reduction.
    - Some form of passive prowess mechanic different to the stuff we already have.

That's all I could think of right now but aside from this (and him hitting really hard since he's gone toe to toe with the Hulk), I would really love to see some of sort of mechanic related to his reality warping abilities I just don't know how they could do something like this in the game it'd be very complicated.

Wow pretty cool suggestions
    Yeah, sounds OP, But it's Onslaught!
    By reality warping u mean like Wanda?