**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Today's offer (mastery pack)

Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 757 ★★★
Historically, this is one of the better offers provided. If you are new to the game / haven't unlocked the right side of the tree / and are willing to spend a bit on the game... its a good deal.

That said... as many before me have posted over the years, we haven't seen any new masteries in a very, very long time (in spite of the screen saying "coming soon". Personally, when I got a pack, I didn't mind "getting an extra bit" knowing that eventually I'd use the extra cores... I should probably have asked for a refund, but that's not my point.

My point is just this: give us a reason to want to use mastery cores (and I don't mean sell them for a little bit of gold). There is technically nothing stopping me from buying more / would have nowhere to use them, therefore its truly a money trap to even offer it to me.

Masteries 2.0... obviously I'd love to see what that looks like / been waiting like everyone else for years. If that has been tabled though, at least give people an outlet to get rid of extra cores.

spitting one simple idea: at least let us sell them for "something" more than a pittance of gold:

Stoney core: 1 T4B
Carbonadium-core at least 1 TB5
class ones: at least 1/4, ideally more of a T4CC (I can appreciate a whole one might be too much)

Its not like I'm going to go an either spend $20 for today's deal and then immediately sell them for the above catalysts and do any better than if I bought a normal daily offer for catalysts, or used the units in the catalyst store.

At least make this a trade in option as part of the Sigil store. Easy place /mechanism to implement, and you could consider appropriate trade in based on progression (maybe Paragon players get 1/2 a T5B for a stoney, and some r4 mats for Carbonadium, and more T4CC / pittance of T5CC).

I don't think any of this would be hard to implement or brank any economy of the game... (and again TBH, I'd still rather masteries 2.0).

Comments

• AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    It’s been almost a year since the unit mastery offer showed up, was hoping for that one
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,490 Guardian
    edited February 2023
    This would be a good time for someone to come in and say that not all offers are meant for everyone.

Joking aside, this is a deal aimed at lower to mid-tier players who don't have the greatest of mastery setups. Getting 2k units worth of cores for 20 dollars is a very good deal for them. If you already have a good mastery setup, then I wouldn't bother with the offer until after mastery 2.0 is out (if it ever comes out). The offer will appear again in the future, so it isn't the last time you can buy it.
  • BocksaroxBocksarox Posts: 329 ★★★
    I was literally thinking yesterday that I hope this deal is released again soon. I'll finally be making the investment into Willpower!