• Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,324 ★★★★★
    Sym supreme? Yeah for sure!
    Attuma
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Member Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Emma Frost
  • HamoBlamo51HamoBlamo51 Member Posts: 291 ★★
    mordo
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,396 ★★★★★
    Sym Supreme is a good choice. I used to say HTD was underrated, but players have caught on.

Here’s a few more:
    Black Panther.
    Storm.
    Aarkus.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★
    MasterA said:

Just want to see. Mine is symbiote supreme. Think everybody sleeps on him

Maybe newer players sleep on him.
    Symbiote Supreme once was the best mystic, so it’s impossible for older players to sleep on him.
    He is still considered a very good champ by experienced players, and still one of the best for buff control.😉

• GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Member Posts: 1,936 ★★★★★
    Captain Britain, Jubilee, Gorr, Anti Venom, Dragon Man just to name a few who are also some personal favorites
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,827 ★★★★★
    Elsa
  • JhonST33JhonST33 Member Posts: 502 ★★★
    Mojo.
  • Just_Frank2022Just_Frank2022 Member Posts: 139
    BWDO she carried me through so much content up till cavalier granted her health pool isn't very endgame friendly but her attack output is great imo.
  • Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Member Posts: 1,173 ★★★★
    Sym supreme isn't underrated
    But karnak is B)
  • Dark_Syctche39Dark_Syctche39 Member Posts: 3
    I feel like Captain Marvel Movie. Some people will disagree that she isn't underrated. But these days, people sleep in her because of comparing to the gods of cosmic class. She is a lot powerful and even helps in BGs against some matches and even in EQ she is a beast if your cosmic roster is small
  • Superstar_1126Superstar_1126 Member Posts: 420 ★★
    Elsa, BWDO, Storm X, Anti Venom, Dragon Man, Longshot, Guillotine, Misty Knight, Captain Marvel Movie, Silver Centurion. All of them have amazing abilities and are very useful in certain matchups or if your roster is small
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,345 Guardian
    Greekhit said:

MasterA said:

Maybe newer players sleep on him.
    Symbiote Supreme once was the best mystic, so it’s impossible for older players to sleep on him.
    He is still considered a very good champ by experienced players, and still one of the best for buff control.😉

It is quite possible for older players to sleep on him. How many people are sleeping on blade now? The dude was literally the most sought for champion for a long time and is now long forgotten by many.

The issue sym supreme faces is doom came into the game. Doom has good damage, good power control, and most importantly, does just fine if the enemy doesn't have buffs. With newer releases, symbiote supreme got put on the backburner for many experienced summoners.

It is unfortunate, but it is what happens.
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Member Posts: 993 ★★★
    Angela....most people won't put her even close to the top 5 in cosmic (which is great and I understand it) but she's a monster.

Toad is another one who gets lost in the mix because of a top heavy mutant class.....

Spiderham is also one of my favorites to use... especially on offense in battlegrounds. He is such a good counter for the tankier champs because you don't even have to hit them a ton....mediums when you can to build his poppers and let them kill themselves. Was shocked the other day how quick I beat apoc with him.
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Member Posts: 993 ★★★

I feel like Captain Marvel Movie. Some people will disagree that she isn't underrated. But these days, people sleep in her because of comparing to the gods of cosmic class. She is a lot powerful and even helps in BGs against some matches and even in EQ she is a beast if your cosmic roster is small

That's how I feel about Angela. She has been banned a total of zero times my entire BG life (and she's been a R3 for months)....for perspective she's my 4th highest champ pi wise and has never been banned. She destroys everything and is my favorite havok and ebony maw counters too
  • MasterAMasterA Member Posts: 574 ★★★

BWDO she carried me through so much content up till cavalier granted her health pool isn't very endgame friendly but her attack output is great imo.

She was my second 5 star and carried me through act 4 and 5
  • KerneasKerneas Member Posts: 3,803 ★★★★★
    MasterA said:

Elaborate please. I have him 6* dupped and always found him awful. Getting to SP3 takes ages, then you have pretty brief window of nice damage, that gets ruined by passive AI easily. On top of that, in order to get more power, you need staggers, which are mostly RNG. RNG is fine, but his buff mitigation is far from reliable.

So what I see is RNG mystic who can't be relied on to get rid of dangerous buffs, with short damage bursts that solely depend on bleeds. I know that not every champ can be Doom-level good, but this Symboi just feels pretty useless.

But I am really open to new perspectives, so honestly, please tell me what is so good about him that I have overlooked.

Also my go for underrated champ is Howard the Duck. He seems average, but he actually can counter so much! Armorbreaks are useful for stuff where you need a lot of debuffs or to have a constantly debuffed enemy. He also has ton of buffs, which is also useful. Bleed immunity is handy and armor up can help him deal with nodes that require armor and also Havok. He has basically a permanent heal block option and his rotation isn't hard at all (parry, heavy). Also his many hits heavy makes it hard for the enemy to intercept, so it's relatively safe to risk throwing it against a dashing enemy, although I wouldn't rely on that too much. Point is, heavy without parry is fairly simple with Howard, which makes him viable even when you can't afford to parry.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,396 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

MasterA said:

Elaborate please. I have him 6* dupped and always found him awful. Getting to SP3 takes ages, then you have pretty brief window of nice damage, that gets ruined by passive AI easily. On top of that, in order to get more power, you need staggers, which are mostly RNG. RNG is fine, but his buff mitigation is far from reliable.

So what I see is RNG mystic who can't be relied on to get rid of dangerous buffs, with short damage bursts that solely depend on bleeds. I know that not every champ can be Doom-level good, but this Symboi just feels pretty useless.

But I am really open to new perspectives, so honestly, please tell me what is so good about him that I have overlooked.
    IMO: He nullifies all buffs to start the fight, which is often useful. His ramp up takes longer than some champs, sure, but once there he can be OP. His sp3 provides protection, so you can push defenders to an sp3 with yours — again, useful more often than you might think. His sp2 does big damage and has power steal if you have the right blessing active, letting you spam sp2s.

I use mine a lot and have him at r3. And I have a r4 Doom, r4 Rintrah, and r4 Hood.
  • PikokPikok Member Posts: 156 ★★
    Silver centurion for sure. Great damage and utilities
  • BulmktBulmkt Member Posts: 1,609 ★★★★
    Cull Obsidian
    Beardo
    Thor OG
  • ElMelloiElMelloi Member Posts: 101
    venompool
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,345 Guardian
    edited March 2023
    Kerneas said:

MasterA said:

Also my go for underrated champ is Howard the Duck. He seems average, but he actually can counter so much! Armorbreaks are useful for stuff where you need a lot of debuffs or to have a constantly debuffed enemy. He also has ton of buffs, which is also useful. Bleed immunity is handy and armor up can help him deal with nodes that require armor and also Havok. He has basically a permanent heal block option and his rotation isn't hard at all (parry, heavy). Also his many hits heavy makes it hard for the enemy to intercept, so it's relatively safe to risk throwing it against a dashing enemy, although I wouldn't rely on that too much. Point is, heavy without parry is fairly simple with Howard, which makes him viable even when you can't afford to parry.
    You really want MD at least at 3/5 when running symbiote spidey. This way you get power much faster if the enemy has buffs.

In war, my brother has defeated r4 unsteady ground knull bosses with ease because sym supreme has the attack tactic with cleanse (just forgot the name lol). Against knull his damage rotation is just using sp2s, not sp3s. So his damage doesn't solely come from bleeds.
  • Logan00Logan00 Member Posts: 618 ★★★
    BWDO, Mantis
  • tusharNairtusharNair Member Posts: 290 ★★
    edited March 2023

I have enjoying her a lot. My first r4 on alt and she is bonkers especially against korgs Nicks and other pesky skill champs
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,672 ★★★★

I still use her all the time. She was my first 6 star and help advanced my account. All these new god tier cosmic champs has pushed her down the tier list. For Incursions, she a beast with the proper hacks.
  • NastyPhishNastyPhish Member Posts: 583 ★★★
    King Groot. Hear me out. I know people know he’s good. But they don’t know how good. His kit is great, IYKYK. But also the healing. And I know that’s part of what people already enjoy, but Most people don’t know how valuable that is. Being able to play a fight at the pace the nodes require. Block whatever you need to block. Parry when you need to without fearing about hp And occasionally take some hits. And still end the match at 100%.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,292 Guardian
    I still think Venom is a bit underrated. Not that anyone thinks he's subpar, but he doesn't often come up in discussions of recommended rank ups and the like. Everyone knows he's good, then promptly forgets about him.

Sorcerer Supreme is another champ that I think is a bit underrated today. She was bananas when she first came out, then opinion turned away from her a bit. I still think she's a really good champ. She might be overshadowed by some of her mystic cousins, but that doesn't make her less valuable. She has a little bit of everything in a way few mystics do, which makes her less powerful than other mystics in any one situation, but pretty good for players who are still building up and ranking up roster.
  • SonOfArgu16SonOfArgu16 Member, Guardian Posts: 262 Guardian
    For me, Gwenpool and Hawkeye are ignored heavily compared to other skill champs. They are probably the only power controlling Skill champs. Others rely on Taunts, Hawkeye's SP1 has power drain, and Gwen has enervate. Pair her enervate with stacks of bleed practically power locks your opponent.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,933 ★★★★★
    ikaris deserves more love
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,818 ★★★★★
    War Machine is flying under the radar.

Following his buff, he's got access to some fantastic utility.
    • Permanent Armour up for Havok and various nodes
    • Strips Prowess on SP1
    • Special attacks can't be Evaded
    • Decent DoT on SP1 which very few are immune to.
    • If you run Despair, he can basically Heal Block using Despair mastery
    • Very long-lasting, stacking armour break on his SP2 which you can refresh permanently with Heavy attacks, in longer fights
    • Prefight abilities can be used on himself or other Tech champs to grant additional Attack, plus Cleanse charges, increased debuff duration, or insanely high Energy resistance.
    • Awakened ability gives him really good Health recovery and end-of-match damage potential.
    He's really good in Questing, and fantastic against Havok and Bishop. Being all about Physical damage, he's a better Bishop option than Nimrod is, since Nimrod gives Bishop Prowess every time Nimrod hits him, increasing Bishop's damage, Incinerates and giving him Unblockable if he's Awakened.

Two things hold him back, both eminently fixable:
    (1) he can't reform his armour if it gets broken
    (2) his Prefight abilities don't actually give you as big a damage boost as they're supposed to (Bug thread here), only giving you around 5-8% Attack boost rather than the 10% you were expecting to get.