**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Dooms passive stun

Maybe it's an interaction I'm not aware of but since when does herc become passive stun immune? Just launched a sp3 with doom against him no passive stun active and he hit me with his sp3 immediately.. I know it says he's stun immune when he has a feat completed but surley dooms passive stun bypasses that? If not they need to re-word his description in game to immune to all stuns...

Comments

• Options
    Mrwarren96Mrwarren96 Posts: 425 ★★
    I can passively stun champs that are on stun immune nodes but I can't passively stun herc? It doesn't make sense
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

I can passively stun champs that are on stun immune nodes but I can't passively stun herc? It doesn't make sense

Show here 1 example.
    Just 1.
    Archangel 🌝
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,453 ★★★★

Show here 1 example.
    Just 1.
    Archangel 🌝
    That was a bug that was long exploited and was eventually fixed, with much objection.

A "Stun" is a stun, whether it's a debuff or passive. Stun immune are immune to both.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

🤥
  • Options
    Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 401 ★★★
    The umbrella category for pretty much all the icons on the HUD is 'status effects'.

All status effects exist in one of three categories: Buffs, Debuffs, and Passives. They are mutually exclusive, you cannot have a 'buff debuff', a 'passive buff', or any other combination.

Any given effect can exist in any of the 3 categories. For instance, blade places bleed debuffs on the opponent, but Nick Fury's internal bleed is a bleed passive. You could theoretically even have a bleed buff, though nothing like that exists today.

Some abilities target one of the three categories: crossbones can shrug off any effect so long as it is a debuff, red guardian is immune to all effects that are buffs. Other abilities target a specific effect regardless of which category it falls into. Iceman is immune to all poison effects, whether they be debuffs, passives, or a theoretical poison buff.

For Hercules, when he has a feat of strength, he is immune to all stun effects. The type does not matter. Doom's heavy places a stun effect on him (specifically a stun passive) which he is immune to, so it does not apply
  • Options
    Ackbar67 said:

The umbrella category for pretty much all the icons on the HUD is 'status effects'.

All status effects exist in one of three categories: Buffs, Debuffs, and Passives. They are mutually exclusive, you cannot have a 'buff debuff', a 'passive buff', or any other combination.

Any given effect can exist in any of the 3 categories. For instance, blade places bleed debuffs on the opponent, but Nick Fury's internal bleed is a bleed passive. You could theoretically even have a bleed buff, though nothing like that exists today.

Some abilities target one of the three categories: crossbones can shrug off any effect so long as it is a debuff, red guardian is immune to all effects that are buffs. Other abilities target a specific effect regardless of which category it falls into. Iceman is immune to all poison effects, whether they be debuffs, passives, or a theoretical poison buff.

For Hercules, when he has a feat of strength, he is immune to all stun effects. The type does not matter. Doom's heavy places a stun effect on him (specifically a stun passive) which he is immune to, so it does not apply

There's also *things* that are neither buffs, passives , or effects. Like LOL BW stun, Warlocks charges, the *stun* effect from relics
  • Options
    NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    TL:DC passives are non- “debuff” or “buff” versions of them selves. Stun immunity means stun immunity. Cannot apply stuns. Passive or “debuff”. So passive stun isn’t applied. It’s always been that way.

The reason there is confusion is because there is also something called “debuff immunity”. Which passive stuns can bypass. (Although in this case dooms shock wouldn’t apply and thus he wouldn’t be able to passive stun, but I digress).

The reason it matters, is because debuffs can be shrugged. Or prevented. But passives cannot unless prevented by an immunity. Poison immunity prevents Diablo applying passive poisons but the passive poison prevents someone like kingpin shrugging it. Similar to how she-hulks furies are furies, but not able to be nullified.

I hope this helps.
  • Options
    CavemanOOGCavemanOOG Posts: 23
    Stun and Passive Stun are both considered a stun. The difference is Stun is considered a debuff, and Passive Stun is not considered a debuff. So passive stun bypasses "debuff immune" but not "stun immune"
  • Options
    CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 796 ★★★
    edited March 2023
    you can purify regular debuff, but you can't purify passive, but it still same effect, so when it said stun immune, both not working
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

You can’t stun stun immune champs with any kind of stun effect.

Show here 1 example.
    Just 1.

;)

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023

ItsDamien said:

Show here 1 example.
    Just 1.

;)

So you're showing us a bug?

Also, thanks for great context on what's happening. This amazing level of detailed comment is what every community member should strive for.
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Show here 1 example.
    Just 1.

;)

Well, that's a very weird interaction – I just tested this in Practice Mode, and indeed she can Stun him

I don't know how or why
  • Options

ItsDamien said:

Show here 1 example.
    Just 1.

;)

Sorry coat hanger. You're wrong. @ItsDamien asked you to show a stun effect. This stun is neither a passive nor a debuff. i.e. Not a stun effect

Try again
  • Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,499 ★★★★★

For the uninitiated and @CoatHang3r

The fact that there is a third Schrödinger’s status in this game makes me unexplainable angry
  • Options
    Maratox said:

The fact that there is a third Schrödinger’s status in this game makes me unexplainable angry
    I thought i was doing a 1000IQ move by taking Nick Fury against BW LOL. Imagine my surprise as i promptly got clapped
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★

This was extremely difficult to time properly, but exactly how does any of this work?
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,218 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023

ItsDamien said:

Show here 1 example.
    Just 1.

;)

Oi Miike!!!!! We found a bug to fix.
    Or
    Buff doom

We can all agree Doom 'Needs' this....
    He is quiet weak without it
    Here here
    If Idealist hadn't retired, he would definitely be using phoenix on regular basis. Then, this would be fixed by now due to exposure.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★

this makes me angry and idk why
  • Options

Here's real nick fury being stunned.
    https://youtu.be/FBiV46HLCAs
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★

this has been a thing for a few years now
  • Options

this has been a thing for a few years now
    Yeah, i think i remember doing that fight and there too the stun description did not specify debuff or passive. It was the same as jean
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,315 ★★★★★
    Just see once, if u use daiblo with kingpin synergy or even without it, won't it be same thing unless that one can be purified and one can't. But immunity is something which prevents an ability from taking place so whether its debuff or passive, immunity will definitely prevent it from taking place. Btw while fighting superior Kang in act 7, i was stunned by superior Kang though i had 9 feats on my herc, i need some explanation here by anyone of mods are reading this