**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Do you guys think kabam should have a grace period for disconnects in war?

PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,660 Guardian
edited March 2023 in Suggestions and Requests
I'm trying to raise awareness of an issue where we might be in a war fight and the same just crashes. For me the most often champions I see crashes against are Terrax, Knull's sp1, and now Thing's sp1. It is always frustrating when you're in the middle of fight and the game crashes on you. Not only have you lost any progress in the fight, you have also lost an attack bonus and half of your champion's health. It is pretty much a triple whammy.

What I would like to see is something similar to what we see in any non-timed content where if your game crashes it won't penalize you once per hour. The reason why I would have the limit of once per hour is so that way the mechanic can't be abused, otherwise there would be people closing their games and reopening if they made a mistake that would cause a death. Kabam can keep the health penalty as well from disconnects, but I just ask that once per hour, if your game disconnects in a fight, then you don't lose an attack bonus. This current war I have lost 3 attack bonuses due to crashes. It is most frustrating.

Anyways, here is another thread in the not-so-lively portion of forums talking about the same thing if y'all want to add input there before this thread joins that portion of forums as well. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/321177/disconnects-and-losses#latest
Post edited by Kabam Spice on

Comments

• Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    While i understand your point and of course I have the game crashed several times over years at AW, i think the penalty should remain as it is.
    If it changed to recover the fight, like happens at other areas of the game, even if you can recover every one hour, it will still be heavily abused.
    It's basically a free try at an AW fight every hour.
    You mess up?
    You pause and force close the game and retry the fight.
    What I personally do to limit the crash chances is to clear cache, restart the app, and close any unnecessary apps at the background.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,660 Guardian
    Greekhit said:

While i understand your point and of course I have the game crashed several times over years at AW, i think the penalty should remain as it is.
    If it changed to recover the fight, like happens at other areas of the game, even if you can recover every one hour, it will still be heavily abused.
    It's basically a free try at an AW fight every hour.
    You mess up?
    You pause and force close the game and retry the fight.
    What I personally do to limit the crash chances is to clear cache, restart the app, and close any unnecessary apps at the background.

I feel ya, but literally this war alone, I have had 3 crashes. The most crashes I have seen in the past was just 1 crash and it would be fine, but that isn't the case today.

The issue I have found is it tends to be a coin flip with many VFX things. Like terrax, it is literally a coin flip on whether or not his presence will crash my game. Other examples include Chavez sp1, knull sp1, thing sp1. I've had someone's sp2 crash my game as well, and the crashes have only started somewhat recently.

Once per hour might be too small of a time period, but we should get leeway at least once per war. Issues like these could cause alliances to lose wars which is one reason why I am trying to raise awareness with an idea of how to fix it.

The other reason is I get very angry when my game crashes in war, and I'd like to try and remove stress from my life. Any other content I couldn't care less if it crashes, but war I do care.
  • Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    The problem is that if you lose the attack bonus penalty it is going to be abused no matter what. Even if it is just once an hour or even once a war that would still be enough to have it abused everywhere and make almost every high tier war deathless for both sides
  • Options
    legalactionlegalaction Posts: 182 ★★
    Game is full issues right now and kabams silence says a lot.