**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Champs with close to 2 day cooldown in Danger Room incursions

I did a coop run in sector 9 during the the last incursions 5 day cycle (Mar 2-7) and we finished that on Mar 4. The 6* champions used during that run are still showing on cooldown, even though this month's side quest is just supposed to have a 5 minute cooldown. I'm sure this issue won't be addressed by the time the cooldown for my champs is over, but just wanted to bring it to the attention of the team, hopefully it can be addressed for other people who ended their runs later.

@Kabam Jax

Comments

• Options
    BdfBdf Posts: 9
    Same
  • Options
    Lee99Lee99 Posts: 94
    Same didn't do the new side quest as yet.
  • Options
    Duzgshri_14Duzgshri_14 Posts: 9
    Same but I didn't run the quest and for me it's 1 day and 22 hours
  • Options
    pingu_tucnacekpingu_tucnacek Posts: 42
    I also have some of my top champs locked out for next 3 days and a bit.

I suppose that is because of previous months incursion, but I do not understand why the timers were not reset to match this month setting? Since noone should have timer longer than 5 min now, It will not break anything right? So why not to clean up the timers for everyone?

It feels like if I am being punished for actualy actively playing incursions without being forced to play it :'( it is quite unfair really.
  • Options
    SStrykerSStryker Posts: 2
    I’m having the same problem…
  • Options
    FrozenLoganFrozenLogan Posts: 45
    Same. They should have wiped all pre-existing cooldowns before the sq started, so as to not penalize the people that actually play this mode. 🤷
  • Options
    BazzingaaaBazzingaaa Posts: 357 ★★★
    Snap
    I can't use my Hercules 😭
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    How is this a penalty? You used the champion in an incursion that specifically stated the cooldown would be (I won’t assume 6* champs for all of these) more than 5 min, up to several days. The addition of new cooldowns shouldn’t necessarily super red the old cooldowns. It could have, but it doesn’t. It also shouldn’t be a bad thing since it’s not possible for any of the timers to overlap with a week long run of incursions, so you still have access to the same champions and have (in most cases, plenty of) time to fulfill all the objectives you would have.

It might be annoying to those who want to smash through content on day 1, but it’s not a bad or bugged way for the game to work.
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,168 ★★★★
    edited March 2023

How is this a penalty? You used the champion in an incursion that specifically stated the cooldown would be (I won’t assume 6* champs for all of these) more than 5 min, up to several days. The addition of new cooldowns shouldn’t necessarily super red the old cooldowns. It could have, but it doesn’t. It also shouldn’t be a bad thing since it’s not possible for any of the timers to overlap with a week long run of incursions, so you still have access to the same champions and have (in most cases, plenty of) time to fulfill all the objectives you would have.

It might be annoying to those who want to smash through content on day 1, but it’s not a bad or bugged way for the game to work.

Incursions were put on hold for a month to bring this new side quest in game play mode in. The side quest is actually called danger room based on incursions game play but with a wrinkle. It would make sense that the cool down shouldn't affect your danger room play but somehow it does.

This March, we present something different...
    Hello Summoners!

This month’s Side Quest will be utilizing a bespoke Incursions game mode that can be completed solo or with a friend! We are excited to use this as a proof of concept for how we can use other game modes to contribute to monthly meta content! We’ll see you in…

Danger Room
    Hank McCoy (Beast) is a genius and very good at his job. Some may argue he’s TOO good. Looking to improve the Danger Room, he’s also managed to “improve” other areas of The Contest! Regular Incursions have been temporarily replaced with DANGER ROOM INCURSIONS! Team up with a friend or go it alone to complete this month’s content!

Start: March 8th, 2023 @ 18:00 UTC

Finish: April 5th, 2023 @ 17:00 UTC
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★

Incursions were put on hold for a month to bring this new side quest in game play mode in. The side quest is actually called danger room based on incursions game play but with a wrinkle. It would make sense that the cool down shouldn't affect your danger room play but somehow it does.

This March, we present something different...
    Hello Summoners!

This month’s Side Quest will be utilizing a bespoke Incursions game mode that can be completed solo or with a friend! We are excited to use this as a proof of concept for how we can use other game modes to contribute to monthly meta content! We’ll see you in…

Danger Room
    Hank McCoy (Beast) is a genius and very good at his job. Some may argue he’s TOO good. Looking to improve the Danger Room, he’s also managed to “improve” other areas of The Contest! Regular Incursions have been temporarily replaced with DANGER ROOM INCURSIONS! Team up with a friend or go it alone to complete this month’s content!

Start: March 8th, 2023 @ 18:00 UTC

Finish: April 5th, 2023 @ 17:00 UTC
    I'm really not trying to argue, because I understand the initial thought of "huh, I figured the timers would reset."

I just don't think it makes any relevant difference except for in a few super niche cases where it is really more on the schedule of the player than Kabam. Also, I get that this is not technically incursions.... but it clearly is the same thing with just some minor (and very enjoyable so far) tweaks. Not saying they should have done it either of the ways that they could have, but it definitely doesn't fall into the category of "unfair" or "punishment". Also, I would take a couple of my champions having an extra day or two to refresh over Kabam trying to figure out the implementation of a blanket reset and something with the addition being buggy. I assume this was just the easiest (and not wrong) way to do things.
  • Options
    CovoidCovoid Posts: 34
    Sorry if this is off topic, but it does seem to correlate to the cooldown questions. I’m stuck in a danger room incursion with a non-responsive player. Will my 6* champs go into a 5 day cooldown like regular incursions if I quit?
  • Options
    CovoidCovoid Posts: 34
    Okay, never mind. I lost all patience and quit. Cooldown is less than 5 minutes.