**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is thronebreaker EQ too difficult his month?

Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
Just a poll to gauge everyone’s feelings.

Last month was Futuna, his month is too hard yet again.

Is thronebreaker EQ too difficult his month? 224 votes

It was easy
45%
LeNoirFaineantHeinz11Hyperionmmmbanyas7abo2aAzKicker316Manup456ege999menSungjFrankWhiteCat_Murdockyash98Darth_StewieGmonkeyDiamante1999CSw0rdMasterCaptainaidenCrazyjack719Rbk19Garlo 102 votes
It was hard
54%
SnakeEyes69DAREMOZEE7KeonexDanielRandAce_03XHans_GruberXbuffajrTendersquadzuffyTristanSpeedbumpyossTatBosleyUnyonfaceBluntMachetethe_furry_oneNoıreLongshot_33KienMinh 122 votes

Comments

• Options
    legalactionlegalaction Posts: 182 ★★
    It was hard
    Ai seems very aggressive more than normal
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 741 ★★★
    edited March 2023
    It was hard
    It was harder , rather than hard . Aside from the triple mutant path in 2.2 and 3.1 baron zemo , i haven't had any trouble yet. But i agree about the part that AI is acting kinda....weird
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    It was easy
    I 100% it and only had to use 1 revive because I didn’t scout out the void on 2.1 while running suicides. I understand why people find 2.2 difficult but if you’re proficient at intercepting you can just use any good champion to clear the paths and ignore the nodes
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    It was easy
    I found it easier than all previous months of TB difficulty
    Not just the bosses but paths as well
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,109 ★★★★
    It needs a mid point. The only annoying lane so far, was the cap ww2 path on the mutant chapter, as none of them want to throw specials and you have the 6 second hit timer or take degen damage.

But there are a few paths I've not done, where I know I'll take champions that don't have node advantages, due to defenders, which makes them more of a slog.

So it's more time consuming, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I do like the increased score in the 4 day event though, really easy to hit the revive and 25 unit milestone for the whole month now.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 677 ★★★★
    I wouldn't say more difficult, at least for me, but I would say more annoying. It's also getting old with the defender placement going counter to the nodes, such as apoc on the evade nodes.
  • Options
    SpecMSpecM Posts: 88
    It was hard
    It's hard because of the unblockable nodes combined with the AI behavior and input issues.
  • Options
    BluntMacheteBluntMachete Posts: 134
    It was hard
    I think a first run through is worth is... but full exploration is definitely not
  • Options
    Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Posts: 227 ★★
    It was easy
    Searmenis said:

Sungj said:

I 100% it and only had to use 1 revive because I didn’t scout out the void on 2.1 while running suicides. I understand why people find 2.2 difficult but if you’re proficient at intercepting you can just use any good champion to clear the paths and ignore the nodes

You actually can't, most of he times, because the defender throws a heavy or a special when you dash forward.
    So then bait the special.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    I would just say it is more of the same, with some weird asymmetries thrown in.

EQ 2.2 feels off, and I really dislike the evade/unblockable combination. The evades never seem to work just right for me, and I often find my champ not evading when I feel like he should. Nevertheless, after stalling at JJ in my first run, I motored through the Wiccan/DP lane fairly easily (although the Wiccan recovery time is also off to the quick side).

Contrast that with 3.1–I’ve only done the resistor lane (Tigra/HE), but with a champ like Tigra it is more or less one Sp2 and done. Hailey Steinfeld boss was easy for purify punishing mutants.

EQ 3.2 was similar—Peni food for most of the BWDO/Maw. Maw as lane boss is more difficult, but I had plenty of champs to spare, and I actually never had to get to my cosmics to take out the Viv boss.

Ignoring my failed run at the 2.2 JJ, no items to complete. But…how do these lanes exist in the same EQ? It seems disorganized and disjointed.

If the team is struggling to come up with ideas, I’m sure there are plenty of players who could offer some suggestions.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    IryseIryse Posts: 463 ★★★
    It was hard
    2.2 seemed really off. It was more like Paragon level 2.2 if they ever decided to.
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    It was hard
    I've decided to do a pass each month and if enjoyable, work on exploring and if not, just lose out on reward progression by choice. The stun window was too short to enjoy 2.2 as designed, so I'll pass. If this was 1.1 with just a few paths, I might have reconsidered.

This on top of nodes where you need to AI to cooperate in a timer window or they just back you into a corner or build power to sp3...well, it isn't very cooperative to me and I just end up yelling at my phone. Why do that for hours?
  • Options
    It was hard
    ChiliDog said:

I've decided to do a pass each month and if enjoyable, work on exploring and if not, just lose out on reward progression by choice. The stun window was too short to enjoy 2.2 as designed, so I'll pass. If this was 1.1 with just a few paths, I might have reconsidered.

This on top of nodes where you need to AI to cooperate in a timer window or they just back you into a corner or build power to sp3...well, it isn't very cooperative to me and I just end up yelling at my phone. Why do that for hours?

Yeah I’m also not gonna explore this months.. just not worth the frustration.
  • Options
    Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Posts: 227 ★★
    It was easy
    mbrace said:

People that say “it was easy” make me laugh. Justification: “It’s just 2.2 that’s the issue. All you have to do is intercept for every attack and dodge every unblockable special, and you’ll be able to bypass the mechanics.” LOL!!

If you have a science champion that can string heavies, it's easy. Heavy-evade-Heavy-evade-Heavy-Bait special-Evade. Repeat until dead.

1 hit of the special is unblockable, and it's usually the first if you're baiting specials, so even champs like Apoc and Sauron you can pretty consistently just block.
  • Options
    It was hard
    Still don’t get why Kebam would make content people are put off by? Don’t they have testers to test out these nodes?
  • Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    It was easy
    It wasn’t difficult it was just unfun. Nodes weren’t great so I just used the broken op champs for most of it.
  • Options
    It was hard

It wasn’t difficult it was just unfun. Nodes weren’t great so I just used the broken op champs for most of it.

Yeah ‘not fun’ is a good word for it.
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    It was hard
    Hasn't been hard, but definitely worse than last month. Haven't explored it yet tho I'm working on 7.2 exploration. And on the subject of weird AI's I was in 7.2.6 Mephisto with encroaching stun and heavy assault and I miss calculated my special with Apoc (only at 1 charge cuz didn't build him up) , and Mephisto decided to chain heavies :D Just find it hilarious how evil the AI is these days.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,689 ★★★★
    Those particular Science nodes always get a lot of complaints. I didn’t do very well on my first path - the Jessica Jones one - but that was as much because it took me a few fights to remember the node combo as it was the champs were annoying with the nodes. Brought Venom for Venom on his path since a Spiderverse champ would have been no fun. Brought Nimrod for the three in a row annoying mutant path (Sauron-Bishop-Apoc). Otherwise Miles pretty much tore it up. Having a safety net against unblockable specials really helped. Elsa solo’d CapIW pretty much every run except for the run I had to let the dog out mid fight.

The Mutant one was annoying so I just doubled up with a 5 and 6* White Mags and used his prefight for all the fights. Saw that tip here on the forums and thanks to whoever suggested that - worked like a charm. Apoc+Cable synergy destroys that path with the prefight.

And oh yeah - definitely don’t do the Science ones with suicides on since you want to spam your SP1 for some of your knockdowns.