**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

We should get another roadmap

Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,811 ★★★★★
There has been no update whatsoever on masteries 2.0, changes to BGs, updating outdated stuff like SA and other events, Sunday arenas, Back issues with more relevant rewards, updates on wish crystals (if they’re still even happening), and some other stuff.

Why is there so much outdated stuff that takes so long to address? I’ve seen tons of mastery posts with no comment from mods. I understand that giving a specific time for these things can cause community outrage if they’re not able to meet the timeline, but a vague idea and some sort of acknowledgment that they’re even working on it would be nice.

Obviously it’s not all going to come at once, but there was pretty much radio silence on stuff like this throughout 2022. It took months of community outrage for the first one so I hope it won’t take the same for another

Comments

• Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

We can't have nice things.

What kabam should do instead is have a pinned Q&A that is locked and just address all the outdated things and if they will do anything to them or not.

The issue with the roadmaps, and probably the biggest reason why we aren't getting any, is because the majority of the community doesn't realize these were just ideas, not concrete things that are set in stone. If kabam makes another roadmap, then forums will just be spammed of people asking when the new things are coming on top of the old things that they're already asking about.

While I'd love for kabam to come out with a new roadmap, it is probably better, for the time being, that they just share with us the things that are set in stone instead of just ideas they want to implement.

I get the frustration from the original post but yeah these days, it's better to just wait for an announcement from @Kabam John and get excited from there.
  • Options
    Ghost_FanGhost_Fan Posts: 273 ★★★
    edited March 2023
    Roadmaps were just there to keep us 'hyped' about things that eventually never came. The last thing we need now is what they might do 5 years down the road.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,811 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

We can't have nice things.

What kabam should do instead is have a pinned Q&A that is locked and just address all the outdated things and if they will do anything to them or not.

The issue with the roadmaps, and probably the biggest reason why we aren't getting any, is because the majority of the community doesn't realize these were just ideas, not concrete things that are set in stone. If kabam makes another roadmap, then forums will just be spammed of people asking when the new things are coming on top of the old things that they're already asking about.

While I'd love for kabam to come out with a new roadmap, it is probably better, for the time being, that they just share with us the things that are set in stone instead of just ideas they want to implement.

I’d be totally happy with that too. I just really want some communication from them on these
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Ghost_Fan said:

Roadmaps were just there to keep us 'hyped' about things that eventually never came. The last thing we need now is what they might do 5 years down the road.

The community did the hyping. They also misunderstood what road maps are. People still ask where wish crystals are.
  • Options

Ghost_Fan said:

The community did the hyping. They also misunderstood what road maps are. People still ask where wish crystals are.
    But Kabam was counting on the hype that was gonna be created
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    They haven't been able to keep up even with the things mentioned in the very first roadmap, which is probably the reason they don't want to do that again bcoz it gives players another reason to ask them questions when they fail to deliver
  • Options
    Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

No they weren't. We always ask what's upcoming. They provided their possible plans via roadmaps and then instead of being cool with they provided, the community proceeds to try and hold Kabam to what was in the roadmaps basically saying Kabam promised these things and never delivered.

We can't handle concepts.
  • Options
    AMS94 said:

They haven't been able to keep up even with the things mentioned in the very first roadmap, which is probably the reason they don't want to do that again bcoz it gives players another reason to ask them questions when they fail to deliver

Roadmaps we're promises of things to come. They were ideas of the direction of the game could go. You prove my point exactly.
  • Options

AMS94 said:

Roadmaps we're promises of things to come. They were ideas of the direction of the game could go. You prove my point exactly.
    *Weren't
  • Options

Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

No they weren't. We always ask what's upcoming. They provided their possible plans via roadmaps and then instead of being cool with they provided, the community proceeds to try and hold Kabam to what was in the roadmaps basically saying Kabam promised these things and never delivered.

We can't handle concepts.
    I was always seeing roadmaps as a way for Kabam to keep players around that wanted to quit. To give them hope that things are changing for the better.

Concepts generally create hype around something. Take a look into some smartphone concepts. It gets you hype about what could happen in the future but we all know that we aren't gonna see these phones in the shelves anytime soon.
    Kabam knew what they were doing when they were announcing all that stuff.

And you say 'we always ask what's upcoming. They provided their possible plans via roadmaps'.
    We asked of what's upcoming as you say. Not of what might have a slight chance of happening 4 years down the road.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    Ghost_Fan said:

Ghost_Fan said:

Pretty sure Kabam needed the tech to make things happen more than the hype.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    Pretty much everyone knows roadmaps are only a potential direction of travel and subject to change. We understand lot of the intentions of previous roadmaps would have been interrupted by COVID and Input Issues which will likely have redirected resources. We do understand plans can change.

What the community gets annoyed about is a roadmap which suggests a direction but then never getting any further updates and having years of silence and countless threads asking for a bit of information confirming whether things are still intended to happen, being ignored. An update to masteries was first discussed in February 2019 (over 4 years ago) and then again in the roadmaps with masteries 2.0 but we’ve not seen or heard anything since.

From a 6* and lower perspective I don’t think anyone cares to much anymore if we don’t see wish crystals, as there are no loads more choice based crystals available. But we don’t get any updates either way. We know they’re not coming, so why not come out and say we looked into it, the design and load servers made them not a viable option and have supplemented with increased availability of shards and nexus choice crystals. We’re adults we can take it.

Getting road maps are good. They build hype and things to look forward. Getting roadmaps with no updates even years later is what we get annoyed about. Outside of 8.2 and the inevitable 8.3 is there anything else we know about to look forward to?