Sidestep Strike (EQ 2.2) bugged

OldManSkreddyOldManSkreddy Member Posts: 51
edited March 2023 in Strategy and Tips
Applying slow effects (She Hulk) or agility debuffs (Void) causes sidestep strike to fail when blocking, and the attacker to take hits instead of evading
Post edited by Kabam Spice on

Comments

• MaratoxMaratox Member Posts: 1,593 ★★★★★
    Not a bug because your evades are granted by the nodes which are considered defender abilities.
  • Rakot_UofCRakot_UofC Member Posts: 41
    I get what you’re saying, but the node literally says that evade is not affected by ability accuracy effects..but even if it wasn’t, this has been my gripe with all the nodes that give the player beneficial effects, but are based on the defender ability accuracy.
  • OldManSkreddyOldManSkreddy Member Posts: 51
    Maratox said:

Not a bug because your evades are granted by the nodes which are considered defender abilities.

Apart from the point made by Rakot_UofC, slow effects on defenders doesn't prevent evades from triggering elsewhere in the game (see Spider Gwen, Stealth Suit Spidey), and having beneficial or harmful effects secretly applying to both champions whenever they applied to one would absolutely be a bug.

What you're describing is if, for example, Falcon or another ability accuracy champ shut down the node's effect, which I could maybe conceivably see being the case, but shutting down the opponent's evade should not bear any relation to my evade.
  • OldManSkreddyOldManSkreddy Member Posts: 51