**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What I see as the core problem of BGs

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
In my opnion, BGs aren't a bad mode per se, but a combination of two aspects makes it a painful experience.

1) losing matches pushes you down

This has been discussed a lot, so I won't talk about it too much. This generates pressure and makes any loss frustrating.

2) the matches are insanely long

This itself wouldn't be an issue, but in combination with the first problem, these two synergise to create a terribly stressful experience. Not only do you lose energy and progress whenever you lose, but the time investment required escalates really quickly. A match usually takes around 10-15 minutes, which is honestly pretty long time.

Unfortunately I don't have a solution for this, but I feel like these two aspects are the core issue with BGs. Just saying that if matches took 5 minutes, I don't think I would mind losing nearly as much as I do now, even at the cost of reduced rewards

Comments

• Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 651 ★★★
    edited March 2023
    I agree with you that the progression system pushing you down with each loss is a huge problem. The current system makes fights stressful and when you are a win away from a promotion and then get a losing streak it takes the mode from a fun experience to a frustrating nightmare. My idea for a potential fixe for victory track could be

-change it to a point system where you need a certain amount of points to progress and you get more points when on a winning streak but don’t lose points for a loss. Just lose your streak bonus. (Like arena) That way if you get constant wins you’ll progress quickly but even if you have bad luck eventually you’ll get promoted instead of being stuck in limbo and growing bitter at the mode because you can’t progress.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    Modders/Cheaters devaluing any effort and the lack of serious consequences
  • Options
    Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Posts: 445 ★★★
    Should be best of 1. No one likes 6-8 minute matches.