Upgrade and use Juggs or Wiccan for Grandmaster (reverse controls)

UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,292 ★★★★
edited March 2023 in Strategy and Tips
I've finally made it to the Grandmaster and am trying to prep to be able to manage that fight. I'm rubbish with reverse controls, so for that phase I'll need someone who is immune.

I have a 5* awakened 4/55 Wiccan that I could rank up to 5/65 and take into the fight

OR I have a 6* unawakened 2/35 Juggernaut that I could rank up to 3/45 for the fight.

(For context, I have no Professor X, Sinister, nor a 5/6* Emma for reverse immune synergies, so these two are likely my only options)

Upgrade and use Juggs or Wiccan for Grandmaster (reverse controls) 30 votes

5* duped Wiccan
6%
MagrailothosEndgod 2 votes
6* undated Juggs
93%
FreakydAjisdopeTerraThatGuyYouSaw235BrokenAssumedNameManar198xPikoluDenslo500DonDudu2809Sarvanga1_GreekhitEwell65SSS69o_oRenaxqqMCOCHazzaZanyDruid0702Rouger4Agent_Valentain689DarkGuardian 28 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,321 Guardian
    6* undated Juggs
    Wiccan has a small health pool and doesn't do much damage if the enemy isn't getting buffs while juggs is a tank and dishes out a lot of damage.
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    I unitman through that phase. Maybe only stayed alive once or twice before reverse control kicks in. So, did not really matter.
  • Superstar_1126Superstar_1126 Member Posts: 420 ★★
    6* undated Juggs
    6* Juggs will probably be used more often than Wiccan in the long run
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,795 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    5* duped Wiccan
    Pikolu said:

Wiccan has a small health pool and doesn't do much damage if the enemy isn't getting buffs while juggs is a tank and dishes out a lot of damage.

Juggs is a tank, and I'm sure he's a good option.

However, your statement misses the fact that Wiccan inflicts Incinerate any time the opponent's abilities fail due to his immunities.

So that literally every time he moves whilst he should be affected by Reverse Controls...

Plus, I don't see any other Neutralise champions in the OP's collection, which is worth considering.
  • FreakydFreakyd Member Posts: 206
    6* undated Juggs
    Juggs felt like a cheat for grandmaster. Had him with diablo and Colossus for synergy so easy to clear path with full team in tact and practice grandmaster for a few runs
  • FantomaxopFantomaxop Member Posts: 134 ★★
    6* undated Juggs

Pikolu said:

However, your statement misses the fact that Wiccan inflicts Incinerate any time the opponent's abilities fail due to his immunities.

So that literally every time he moves whilst he should be affected by Reverse Controls...

Plus, I don't see any other Neutralise champions in the OP's collection, which is worth considering.
    Isn't grandmaster immune to any damage-over-time effects?
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,292 ★★★★

Pikolu said:

I thought I read that he was - is it phase dependent or is it across the board? I know you need a DOT champion for one of the prompts (I forget what they're called) but that he doesn't take damage from them?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,795 ★★★★★
    5* duped Wiccan

Pikolu said:

Oh yeah, quite probably.

Oops

It's an ability that works great against Knull, though 😂
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    6* undated Juggs

Pikolu said:

I don't think thats how it works. It's most probably a single time trigger that if failed once doesn't retrigger.

I looked up a video and it attempted to trigger once and the timer disappeared for the rest of the fight.

And the other point mentioned already
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Member Posts: 2,705 ★★★★★
    6* undated Juggs
    Juggs is just better for the grandmaster
    Some people have soloed GM with him