**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Match making in BG

Does kabam think I am in Gold 3! If so please move me up a rank and give me the rewards.

This is my last 3 matches…. I am in Silver 1 and it looks like apparently there is no one for me to fight in my bracket.

Anyone else having this issue? I don’t mind losing to people in my bracket because if they win they should be infront.

But those guys aren’t in my bracket!

Comments

• Options
    VydraVydra Posts: 125 ★★
    Wait, since when did we have “brackets”?
  • Options
    VydraVydra Posts: 125 ★★
    I just took a look at your account. You have a decent sized account in Plat3 alliance. 3.2mil rating and 16k+ prestige. A slightly better account than mine and I’m ahead in Gold1 at the moment

I can understand lopsided match ups but you’re being unreasonable
  • Options
    PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 364 ★★★
    edited March 2023
    Vydra said:

I just took a look at your account. You have a decent sized account in Plat3 alliance. 3.2mil rating and 16k+ prestige. A slightly better account than mine and I’m ahead in Gold1 at the moment

I can understand lopsided match ups but you’re being unreasonable

I’m in silver 1 getting matched against playing in Gold 3. Never once did I even mention anything about size of roster or prestige…..

How is it unreasonable to ask to be matched with people in silver 1?

• Options

My 4th out of bracket fight.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Are you sure those labels are correct? I see lots of visual bugs regarding my current tier.
  • Options
    Vydra said:

Oh so that’s what you meant….still kinda unreasonable

You simply got matched with someone in the closest possible pool. It’s been happening for seasons. A bracket difference isn’t the end of the world

4 in a row though? Once I am Gold 1 throw them at me! Also I have played every season, never I have face people out of my bracket.
  • Options

Are you sure those labels are correct? I see lots of visual bugs regarding my current tier.

No idea how I would even check this tbh…..
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,251 ★★★★★
    Well the first and third show Gold 3 because the Win they got promoted them. The second seems like an off-chance mismatch. Likely due to nothing else being available.
  • Options

Well the first and third show Gold 3 because the Win they got promoted them. The second seems like an off-chance mismatch. Likely due to nothing else being available.

I am 95% sure that doesn’t show in this screen…. It’s the screen after this one where you promote.
  • Options
    this is probably due to a dip in players in the gamemode, or lack of those playing in your bracket at that time.
  • Options
    legalactionlegalaction Posts: 182 ★★

this is probably due to a dip in players in the gamemode, or lack of those playing in your bracket at that time.

Yea, matching for me has been taking longer than normal,I get match then quit it cause I get all these legends or input issues
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Matches don't get more difficult as u move up anyway, it just matches you with a similar roster strength...
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Absolutely agree with his comment. At this point in most of the past seasons I'd already have several dozen BG matches and be close to GC by now. I'm so fed up with the whole thing that I've done exactly 9 matches (to get all BG objectives for the 3 offerings) and in Bronze 1 and perfectly fine with that.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    It's pretty cool how your prestige silo is a bigger factor than the bracket you're in.
  • Options
    QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    This is what happens when Kabam uses prestige/roster size based match making. I'm sure there were other people in Silver 1 looking for a match but none of them were in your prestige range. This has happened to me many times. Especially frustrating when it's during US prime time hours and you know there's a bunch of people looking for matches.
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    It’s not like the nodes change between brackets so it isn’t a big deal when inter bracket matchup happens..I have fought both players above and below me in brackets and have won and lost in both scenarios…moreover cross bracket matchup happens at 1 level higher or lower which isn’t that far off ur current standing
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,221 ★★★★★

Vydra said:

Oh so that’s what you meant….still kinda unreasonable

You simply got matched with someone in the closest possible pool. It’s been happening for seasons. A bracket difference isn’t the end of the world

4 in a row though? Once I am Gold 1 throw them at me! Also I have played every season, never I have face people out of my bracket.
    I have faced players out of bracket every season. And I couldn't care less.
    We get matched to players who have queue the matchmaking. Players may or may not be available at the time you queued up. Roster strength is also a factor in current matchmaking.

I am 95% sure that doesn’t show in this screen…. It’s the screen after this one where you promote.
    This is true.