**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Am I doing it wrong or did Arena get harder?

SonOfArgu16SonOfArgu16 Posts: 262 Guardian
edited March 2023 in Strategy and Tips
For the past few months, I started doing Featured Arenas again for Units and Characters and my usual routine was as follows:

1x Fight: 2 5* R4 and 5* R3
1.25x and 1.5x Fight: 2 5* R4 and 1 5* R5
2x and 2.5 Fight: 3 5*R5
For 3x fights: Use all 6*,

With this pattern, I was able to maintain my win streak

But now, I keep getting 6* R4 and R5 just by using 6* R1's

So am I doing it wrong or did I miss a memo about arena changes?

Thanks in Advance
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    edited March 2023
    The introduction of R5s and the surge of R4s has definitely thrown things off, but it still depends on the streak. Here’s my routine:

Streak 0-10: 3x R1 6* (will face teams of R3 in the later rounds, but rarely/never R4+)
    Streak 11-?: 3x R2 6* (Thanos teams through streak 14 then even matches or against R3 teams)
    After R2s are depleted I run R3-R5 from top to bottom.

I don’t touch 5* anymore because the lack of points just add time, but my 6* roster is big enough to not have to worry about filling gaps with them.
    If you still need to run 5*, just run 3x R1 5* up until you get to streak 9 and then shift to R1 6* and then lean into a routine similar to mine and you should be fine.
  • HuskerCoolHuskerCool Posts: 35
    Definitely noticed an uptick in difficulty from the norm today.. many series where I was matching against 6* r3 when I had 6* r1 (my streak was > 80).
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 651 ★★★
    My strategy since the advent of r5s is fairly simple.

For featured:
    Fights 1-10: 3x 5r1. By round 10 you'll fight unranked r1 6, and the occasional max r1. The benefit of doing this is that you are more likely to fight easier champs, as the ones that can be a tough fight generally get ranked.

11+ same as @Furrymoosen

Basic arena is similar, but since 6* don't give many more points than 5, it is a little different.

Fights 1-12 3x 4r1, with similar fights noted above, with 11 & 12 moving from maybe a 5r4/6r1 to definitely, but again, they tend to be easier to fight champs.

13-15 are 2x5r5 and 1x 5r4 for Thanos/Kang, and after just a mix of the rest, but never a team of 5r3 until at least fight 30.

However, there are still the random fights later on in the streak that you'll get teams of r3s when using a team of r1s.
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    I’ve been doing arena for a long time. A piece of advice for you @Furrymoosen don’t use 6s till you have 3x. You losing points by doing that. Also way I’ve done it since 6s been allowed in arena

Matches 1-5 5*s lowest
    Matches 6 on highest 6s done. Never been an issue for me
    edited March 2023
    Wiredawg1 said:

I’ve been doing arena for a long time. A piece of advice for you @Furrymoosen don’t use 6s till you have 3x. You losing points by doing that. Also way I’ve done it since 6s been allowed in arena

Matches 1-5 5*s lowest

That depends on the size of your roster. I actually gain more points using 6* throughout because I am not using my R1s once my streak is locked. By the time my rotation is done I am at 9m points with a few R3s leftover, so I just wait until the next day and run the last 3m real quick. If I ran 5* early instead of 6* I’d have about 1-1.2m less points in the same amount of fights, or at least 400k less if just the first 5 rounds. I used to run low 5* early, but as my roster has grown it just hasn’t been necessary and I can finish it with fewer round instead.
  • Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★

Wiredawg1 said:

Matches 1-5 5*s lowest

That depends on the size of your roster. I actually gain more points using 6* throughout because I am not using my R1s once my streak is locked. By the time my rotation is done I am at 9m points with a few R3s leftover, so I just wait until the next day and run the last 3m real quick. If I ran 5* early instead of 6* I’d have about 1-1.2m less points in the same amount of fights, or at least 400k less if just the first 5 rounds. I used to run low 5* early, but as my roster has grown it just hasn’t been necessary and I can finish it with fewer round instead.
    You can still use r1 6s. I did an arena grind last week didn’t have an issue using r1s. That’s after 20.
    edited March 2023
    Wiredawg1 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Matches 1-5 5*s lowest

You can still use r1 6s. I did an arena grind last week didn’t have an issue using r1s. That’s after 20.
    I am fully aware I can still use them. To my previous point, my goal is to finish with as few rounds and in as little time as possible, so I choose not to use them aside from setting up the streak. Arena is a grind, one I have 125k fights worth of experience in while at the same time having very little interest in spending more time than necessary in. Whatever I can do to minimize the time is the goal.
  • So as of now, I've changed up my Arena Routine after getting the 3x Multiplier:

From Fight 5 to 20, I only use 4* R5. Only time will tell if it will work, I'll keep you up-to-date.