**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Perma Ban on Cheaters

BlackOracleBlackOracle Posts: 254 ★★★
Thank you Kabam.

This is excellent news to hear especially as it will affect those who willingly used probably their main account as well to get the rewards and title.

Can't wait for the next ban hammer for those in BGs!

Comments

• Prismane1269Prismane1269 Posts: 215

The coolest news so far I think. Thank you, Kabam! Finally some actions that are needed.

Has kabam recently posted anything about banning those incursion & bg Modders?
    Maybe I missed
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Right direction; and the easy one
    Its not hard to identify the obvious ones, the part where I am very satisfied with... They are going to ban those who piggybacked the cheaters too ..
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★

The coolest news so far I think. Thank you, Kabam! Finally some actions that are needed.

Has kabam recently posted anything about banning those incursion & bg Modders?
    Maybe I missed
    Under the News & Announcements page.
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    Glad to hear there will finally be consequences, and I am confident that if it is done correctly it will curb much of the cheating in the game…but I want to give it a couple months and see if this is actually being upheld before getting too excited. If there’s no significant reduction in modders in content that actually affects other players then there will be no real point to this.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,538 ★★★★★
    This. Thank you for listening to the players but you should also expand this to include looking further at Abyss and EoP. These are other pieces of Everest content that modders use to help construct BG decks the way legitimate players do, and then use these plundered rewards to camouflage their ways in competitive content.

It’s a great start but there are other watch towers to erect in solo content that might help keep these no talent scum bags out of the contest.

Thanks for getting this one right, it is appreciated.
    Big thanks to the game team for at least taking this must needed step against those incursion Modders and the carried players.
  • BlackOracleBlackOracle Posts: 254 ★★★
    Mackey said:

It's a great step in the right direction however, did you notice how it's only for incursions? At least the post itself anyway ..... the cheating in incursions has no negative effect on the player base, it only has an effect on Kabam themselves. They should of put all that effort into BGs as a priority, the cheating in there has a direct effect on the players within the mode. I couldn't care less about people cheating to get a legend's title, bares no weight on my gaming experience

They do ban cheaters in BGs, just not a perma ban. Which I would like that to be the next step that Kabam does to those who cheat.
  • Darth_StewieDarth_Stewie Posts: 390 ★★★
    edited March 2023
    Good to know! I will be more aggressive on reporting BG cheaters now.
    Yeah, probably this month’s sq was set as a trap for the modders XD
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Incursions. Seriously? The average player doesn’t lose a thing if a modder blasts through all danger rooms.

The modes we need permabans are where modders ARE TAKING RESOURCES AND REWARDS FROM LEGIT SUMMONERS.

You know.. if you still care about us at all. The last 24 hours have a left that an open question at the moment.

You are not going to be naive enough to think.. "oh modders only mod Bgs..." They probably cheat in all content...
  • SunstruckSunstruck Posts: 80
    Appreciate the steps. Finally!
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 768 ★★★★

Incursions. Seriously? The average player doesn’t lose a thing if a modder blasts through all danger rooms.

The modes we need permabans are where modders ARE TAKING RESOURCES AND REWARDS FROM LEGIT SUMMONERS.

You know.. if you still care about us at all. The last 24 hours have a left that an open question at the moment.

If they’re modding in Incursions, it’s extremely likely they’re cheating elsewhere also.
    And?

There are modders at all levels there as evidenced by the leader board not being cleaned last season. Those aren’t going to be 2 star legend accounts in incursions.

The permabans need to be widespread. Obvious low account incursion legends can’t even access battlegrounds without story progression.

So no, this really doesn’t help the BG issue on its own
  • Saske97Saske97 Posts: 73
    Amazing news, honestly. I hope permanent bans become the norm for modders and cheaters and not just for incursion but every game mode. Alliances piloting wars should get the same treatment. This is a great start though.
  • IamnikeIamnike Posts: 215 ★★
    I dont understand why they give perma bans as soon as they catch you modding. Hope they seriously crack down.
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 768 ★★★★

If they’re modding in Incursions, it’s extremely likely they’re cheating elsewhere also.
    And?

There are modders at all levels there as evidenced by the leader board not being cleaned last season. Those aren’t going to be 2 star legend accounts in incursions.

The permabans need to be widespread. Obvious low account incursion legends can’t even access battlegrounds without story progression.

I’m not implying it’s a catch all full fix for BG, just that there will likely be a good deal of crossover of accounts that were banned who were cheating in both modes and helps to some degree.
    Don’t get me wrong, I hope you are right…
  • o_oo_o Posts: 833 ★★★★

And?

I’m not implying it’s a catch all full fix for BG, just that there will likely be a good deal of crossover of accounts that were banned who were cheating in both modes and helps to some degree.
    I've semi-seriously wondered whether Incursions sector 6 and the rewards at the end of it were an elaborate honeypot to lure and catch modders... probably not, but maybe??
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    And don't forget to ban mercs and their customers too !
  • VydraVydra Posts: 125 ★★
    I hope that with this announcement, Kabam Support take our tickets a little more seriously when blatant cheats are also advocating modded merc services. This just increases the number of modders we have many folds. Accounts that have been accessed by modded accounts should also have an investigation opened up

Their reign of insolence ends with this statement from Kabam I hope
  • BlackOracleBlackOracle Posts: 254 ★★★
    o_o said:

And?

I've semi-seriously wondered whether Incursions sector 6 and the rewards at the end of it were an elaborate honeypot to lure and catch modders... probably not, but maybe??
    If it was, they are late in catching them as the Sector 6 style of rewards have been around when they first update Incursions.