**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

T4b shortage

TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
Something is askew in the game economy. Paragon players are almost exclusively focused on 6-stars. Taking a 6-star to r2 requires 7 t4 basics. 6-stars never require t1 alphas.

We have 3-day events giving alphas. We have AQ giving more t4cc than I can use, even though I’ve been doing 100,000 points per level up day.

I get the idea that everyone has a bottleneck resource - gold, iso or a catalyst. With that said, if a low tier or common catalyst like this is the bottleneck, something is wrong. I’m taking existing r2 champs to r3 because I don’t have the t4b to take a new champ to r2. Spending escalating glory to get them is rough too. Anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,774 ★★★★★
    That's what happens when you take every single 6* you get to r2. Not all champs are meant to be ranked up.
  • Options
    kunfuweikunfuwei Posts: 64
    I have to same problem sure I get a little more glory for finishing at a higher rank but because of that I don’t see the t4b at all vice buying it with Glory or using units to grab them for cheap.

It’s not the end of the world but a odd problem.
  • Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    I agree with this, now that the focus is on 6* champs , i’m selling t1a on daily basis because they are expiring but I’m always short of t4bs because we don’t get it from events; some time ago i made a post in which i mentioned this and that we can have either t1a or t4bs for ranking up 6*s from r1 to r2
  • Options
    Something else you think about, the focus is soon gonna shift to 7* you won't need t4b for those most likely.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Nope, there is no problem with T4B if you properly manage your resources.

If I was to miss some, I had plenty of crystals to open that award them, and plenty of ways to buy them in the store (not counting units purchases).
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    edited March 2023
    Nvm. Misread the post.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    Buttehrs said:

That's what happens when you take every single 6* you get to r2. Not all champs are meant to be ranked up.

I have 13 champs at r4. I have 53 more at r3. I have 13 at r2. I have 80 of my 159 6-stars at r1. In other words, I have more champs at r1 than at r2/3/4 combined.

What other pithy takes do you have?

Edit to add: 33 of my 80 rank 1s aren’t even at max level and most of those are level 1. That doesn’t affect catalyst usage, obviously, but it’s reflective in some way of the fact I’m choosy about who I rank and when. I never level outside level up day, either.
  • Options

Nope, there is no problem with T4B if you properly manage your resources.

If I was to miss some, I had plenty of crystals to open that award them, and plenty of ways to buy them in the store (not counting units purchases).

I gradually opened my AQ map crystals over time because we didn’t have a timetable for when Kabam would force-open them and I preferred to control that process.

So instead of “plenty of ways” can we list them? Danger store, glory, …? What am I missing?
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

Buttehrs said:

I have 13 champs at r4. I have 53 more at r3. I have 13 at r2. I have 80 of my 159 6-stars at r1. In other words, I have more champs at r1 than at r2/3/4 combined.

What other pithy takes do you have?

Edit to add: 33 of my 80 rank 1s aren’t even at max level and most of those are level 1. That doesn’t affect catalyst usage, obviously, but it’s reflective in some way of the fact I’m choosy about who I rank and when. I never level outside level up day, either.
    Are you still ranking 5* and 4*? Those take t4b too. Almost every store in game has t4b or shards of t4b.