**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

(AEYKAIIPW) ISO ECONOMY INTERMISSION II: Offer Bugaloo

Question: is this enough gold?

This offer contains a 6* Nexus selector, 30 T6 class ISO bricks, and one million gold. Whether the Nexus is a good deal for 3000 units is a matter of opinion (and it depends greatly on your progress tier: Cav players get the same offer as TBs here), but let's set that aside. What does that ISO do for you, and also, is this an appropriate level of gold.

Well, 30 T6 ISO bricks will be (assuming it is applied to the right class, and if you're picking ISO from selectors and then using them on the wrong class champion, I don't know how you figured out how to unlock your phone to play the game) 17500x30 = 525,000 ISO points. On a 6* champion, this would be enough ISO to level up from 1/1 to 1/22 and get you part way to 1/23. So close, but not quite a complete level up from 1/1 to 1/25.

Instead of three packs of ten, I would probably sell seven packs of five. Instead of getting 30 ISO bricks you'd get 35, which would be 612,500 ISO points, which would be a full level up from 1/1 to 1/25 with a small amount left over (basically a brick and change). If you don't want to force players to choose seven times, then three packs of twelve will also do.

What about the gold? Well, 30 T6 ISO bricks would cost 559,110 gold to use. A million gold is more than enough gold to use up all the ISO in the offer and then some. In fact, a million gold is almost how much gold you would need to level up from 1/1 to1 1/25 and then rank up to 2/1 (that would be 591714+529173 = 1,120,887).

So actually, the gold in the offer appears fine to me. It gives you enough gold to actually use all the ISO in the offer, and in fact gives almost twice the amount of gold necessary to do that. It is almost enough gold to do a complete rank 1 level up, and then take the champ to rank 2, which in my opinion is a decent amount of gold to toss into in a 6* Nexus offer.

Do I need a TL;DR for something this short? Okay:

GOLD FINE, BUFF ISO A BIT

(you should read this like you're Death from the Discworld)

Economy quiz: should the amount of gold in the offer depend on the cost of the offer? I.e. should a 3000 unit offer include more gold, just because it is in fact a 3000 unit offer?

10 ... 9 ... 8 ... 7 ... 6 ... 5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

Answer: well, no. Consider that 6* Nexus crystals will get cheaper over time, especially for higher progress players. As the cost of such offers goes down, should the amount of gold within them go down as well? Obviously not. The amount of gold in the offer should be somehow tied to the offer itself, whenever reasonable. The offer primarily offers the player a 6* champion, via a Nexus. The ISO and gold in the offer are there to sweeten the deal, by allowing the player to immedistely begin ranking up whatever they pull. So the ISO should be related to the amount of ISO it takes to level up a 6* champion, and the gold should be related to the gold costs of doing so. The ISO roughly approximates the amount of ISO to level up a 6* champ from rank 1 level 1 to max rank. The gold should be related to the gold costs to do that. They currently do. If the offer cost was lower, the amounts of ISO and gold would still need to be similar to serve the same function.

What would signal a need to increase the gold in the offer? An increase in the amount of ISO, which would be a signal that the intent of the offer was to allow players to immediately level up much more than the current offer. If the offer were to contain, say, four or five selectors of twenty T6 ISO bricks, that would be a signal the intent was to flood the player with enough resources to take a new 6* champ to rank 2/35 or thereabouts, which would commensurately suggest the offer should contain something between two and three million gold. Regardless of what it costs.

Economy lesson over. Accept no substitutes. Offer void in New Jersey.

(ALMOST) EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT ISO IS PROBABLY WRONG: Man that's a lot of Gold
(ALMOST) EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT ISO IS PROBABLY WRONG: Which one is the green one again?
(ALMOST) EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT ISO IS PROBABLY WRONG: Eyes up here buddy
(ALMOST) EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT ISO IS PROBABLY WRONG: Stalling for time until I can finish Part Four

Comments

• Options
    BoogalooglerBoogaloogler Posts: 97 ★★
    It's "Boogaloo"
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,660 Guardian
    edited March 2023
    I'm just grateful kabam is starting to give worthwhile amounts of iso out with their offers and other avenues.

Also another great writeup as always, keep up the great work 😁
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

It's "Boogaloo"

Oh sure, the one time I abbreviate something ...