**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why won’t she die?

KnucklesGdKnucklesGd Posts: 5
edited March 2023 in Strategy and Tips

She has power shield node, and I used all of my specials but she remains at 1hp.
I tried restarting the game but it does nothing
Post edited by Kabam Spice on

Comments

• Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    Sometimes Herc can get by her sig ability, but it depends on how much health she has at the time the special is thrown. If you throw it at the right time you can deal enough damage on a hit to deliver the final blow with his secondary damage, but because his secondary damage is based on the initial hit if she is too low it won’t be enough to do it.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    You can still kill her by spamming enough(a lot) specials
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,669 Guardian
    edited March 2023

You can still kill her by spamming enough(a lot) specials

That's false, one of the strategies in Variant 1 against the Emma frost with 300% energize is gwenpool since she can tank an unlimited amount of sp3s.
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/3L2_akEvdXY

Saw this post on reddit sometime back. Even at low health it deals one damage each hit so eventually she does i guess
  • Options
    Mhd20034Mhd20034 Posts: 159
    Nano machines son,they respond to physical trauma
  • Options

https://youtu.be/3L2_akEvdXY

Saw this post on reddit sometime back. Even at low health it deals one damage each hit so eventually she does i guess

No kabam just didn't put a 0 there. Back a couple years ago I tried to ghost a powershield gwenpool and did about 50 sp1s with each hit saying 1 damage and she lived.
    Something must have changed somewhere then
  • Options
  • Options
    That's probably the worst node combo for her, she won't die from Specials unless AA is reduced, and she won't take damage unless it's from specials
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,387 ★★★★★
    If u dont have aar reduction with luck u need a dot to kill her
  • Options
    Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    This brings up an possible debate question though. Her sig ability allows her not to die from special damage even if at less than %1 health but Corvus now can die even if he has glaive charges at very low health during a timeout. I know it’s not quite the same ability but why is one champ who is an annoying defender with survivability allowed to have this immortality while a great attacker with survivability is not.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,669 Guardian
    edited March 2023

This brings up an possible debate question though. Her sig ability allows her not to die from special damage even if at less than %1 health but Corvus now can die even if he has glaive charges at very low health during a timeout. I know it’s not quite the same ability but why is one champ who is an annoying defender with survivability allowed to have this immortality while a great attacker with survivability is not.

Because timeouts affect attackers and even she can't survive timeouts as an attacker. Also I wouldn't even call her an annoying defender because her specials are easy as heck to avoid, so unless you're not aware of her sig and she has power shield, then she is going to be slightly annoying. Even then if you run assassins, she can still die from specials.
  • Options

So if I'm getting you correctly, you're wondering why is Gwen immune to death from specials while Corvus immortal while having charges? I think the difference lies in the fact that is not immortal at all, she can still die from specials if her AA is down, and she can still be killed by basic attacks and DOT's at one percent. On the other hand, Corvus is temporarily immortal as long as he has Glaive Charges or knocked down.

So in a scenario where you fight Gwen with no Power Shield, you can take her down with DOT's and basic attacks no problem, but as for Corvus you either have to knock him down to negate immortality or hit him quick enough to dwindle down his Glaive Charges, obviously Corvus has the better advantage here since one wrong move from the attacker can allow Corvus to still damage you or even win since the Glaive charges still ensure critical hits
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian

Because defenders do not clear content and earn rewards while doing so.

At the end of the day, the game is player-centric. Defenders are made hard to kill because players are really good at figuring out how to kill them. Attackers are not made really hard to kill because defenders are not very good at figuring out ways to kill players that the developers don't just hand them. Gwenpool has a very strong defense against specials but there are ways around that for players to find. Corvus' immortality is not something the defenders are going to figure out how to bypass unless the developers program them to do so.